Professional Womens Hockey (Coming to Buffalo)

That Aud Smell

Hilary Knight has switched leagues and signed with the Boston Pride. That's incredible news for the NWHL

Good for the league.  Bad for the Beauts.  Net positive.

Also the Beauts signed Megan Bozek today

Excellent.  A standout at Minnesota as WCHA Defensive POTY, finalist for the Kazmaier, and member of Team USA.

I like where this is going.

Edited by Munchma Quchi

• 2 weeks later...

They seemed to make a big mistake in having games on Sundays, especially when 3 of the 4 teams are in NFL cities. They would have been better off scheduling them for Saturdays.

Our major conflict is that we have to drive an our from Rochester and then probably leave before the game is over to get back to Rochester in time to play our own hockey games. 

We'll be watching online instead. Maybe we can get out there some weekend when we don't have a conflict.

Our major conflict is that we have to drive an our from Rochester and then probably leave before the game is over to get back to Rochester in time to play our own hockey games.

We'll be watching online instead. Maybe we can get out there some weekend when we don't have a conflict.

That may be your conflict but I imagine there are a few thousand other people in the area who would attend the game if it didn't start while the Bills were playing.

Stream: noice!

Outshot 15-4 in the 1st: doh!

It read 11-2 on the scoreboard after the first.  I don't expect them to get it all right on the first day, though.

It was a neat thing to see these young gals skating for new pro teams.  There was a great "let's go Beauts" chant in the first.  

But, ultimately, the FIVE pre-pubescent girls' teams sitting right behind me chased me out.  I couldn't deal with the shrieking, the constant snaking in and out of railings, the dripping don't-get-that-near-me ice cream, &c.  Also, I was beginning to worry that someone would think I was a pedo. (Kidding.)  Luckily, neither d4rk nor inkman were nearby. (Also kidding.)

So I did jet after the first.

But it was really neat to see, and if that rink holds 1800, I'd say 1300-1400 were there.

• 1 month later...

The NWHL announced yesterday that the league's first All-Star Weekend will be held in Buffalo on January 23rd-24th.  Tickets go on sale on black Friday.

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/11/19/nwhl-inaugural-all-star-weeked-january-buffalo

Interesting:

The format of the NWHL All-Star game will include two 20 minute periods of four-on-four. The winning team will receive 20% of the ticket sales profits, to be split equally among its members.

The NWHL announced yesterday that the league's first All-Star Weekend will be held in Buffalo on January 23rd-24th.  Tickets go on sale on black Friday.

Interesting:

The format of the NWHL All-Star game will include two 20 minute periods of four-on-four. The winning team will receive 20% of the ticket sales profits, to be split equally among its members.

Interesting. With Josie's ankle injury effectively ending her hockey playing season, maybe we can get to some of this NWHL stuff now. 

You mean she's not gonna watch the team from the pressbox in a suit? 

Well, I could... but I'd have to buy a suit. 

Side note, I wear my NWHL shirt all the time.. it's super comfy and I'm proud to wear it. I had it on in the hospital for some pre surgery screening stuff and all the nurses were super excited about it. A couple of them figured I played (ha!) but mostly they were just excited to see support for women's sports in the wild :) 

Edited by Josie914

The NWHL announced yesterday that the league's first All-Star Weekend will be held in Buffalo on January 23rd-24th. Tickets go on sale on black Friday.

Interesting:

The format of the NWHL All-Star game will include two 20 minute periods of four-on-four. The winning team will receive 20% of the ticket sales profits, to be split equally among its members.

20% of the profits after cost, divided by the number of players. So about $10 each?

Well, I could... but I'd have to buy a suit. 

Side note, I wear my NWHL shirt all the time.. it's super comfy and I'm proud to wear it. I had it on in the hospital for some pre surgery screening stuff and all the nurses were super excited about it. A couple of them figured I played (ha!) but mostly they were just excited to see support for women's sports in the wild :)

Haha, that'd actually be be pretty funny if you showed up and watched them in a suit.

I gotta get some NWHL swag. And, you know, actually get to a game here...

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.