Professional Womens Hockey (Coming to Buffalo)

That Aud Smell

One my favorite episodes.

"I thought this was 'Murica.  Huh? Isn't this 'Murica?  I'm sorry, I thought this was 'Murica."

You guys crack me up. :lol:

All i'm picturing is two drunk guys getting rowdy and kicked out. Something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwaroatABu4

One my favorite episodes.

"I thought this was 'Murica.  Huh? Isn't this 'Murica?  I'm sorry, I thought this was 'Murica."

Not likely to be the reason.  Sorry for the double quote.  

It's more likely that I will try to make my way to the bench to hit on cute players (with failure), and d4rk will be playing pinball--with himself as the ball--off of ushers, rows of seats, and whatever his Donald Sutherland-looking self can run into.

Not likely to be the reason. Sorry for the double quote.

It's more likely that I will try to make my way to the bench to hit on cute players (with failure), and d4rk will be playing pinball--with himself as the ball--off of ushers, rows of seats, and whatever his Donald Sutherland-looking self can run into.

Accurate.

Not likely to be the reason.  Sorry for the double quote.  

As long as he doesn't join you in hitting on cute players. :p

Wellp, looks like the NWHL is narrowing down jersey design options...

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty disappointed. Left choice is boring but classic and the right one is just awful.

I didn't expect to win but I was hoping to lose to something really great.

Yes I'm bitter. Shut up. 

oMh0dwN.png

Edited by Josie914

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty disappointed. Left choice is boring but classic and the right one is just awful.

Yes I'm bitter. Shut up. 

I'm wondering, ok, hoping, that they're doing a couple rounds of this, and narrowing them down? That one Boston concept is rough...

They picked two submissions from the same guy and they're both miserable. 

I don't know.  If the numbers really pop off the jersey like that on the right one, that would be great.  They'd have to create a new penalty kind of like elbowing if you lead with your number.

I'm wondering, ok, hoping, that they're doing a couple rounds of this, and narrowing them down? That one Boston concept is rough...

My assumption is they're going to pick a winner and then the design gets touched up professionally. There's no way that asymmetrical ridge on the boston jersey would make it to final. Ok, I HOPE there's no way that asymmetrical ridge goes to final. 

It's more based on the idea than the execution. That's where i think I failed. I was focused on creating a really clean presentation to be as professional as possible and I don't think that's what they were looking for. 

Edited by Josie914

My assumption is they're going to pick a winner and then the design gets touched up professionally. There's no way that asymmetrical ridge on the boston jersey would make it to final. Ok, I HOPE there's no way that asymmetrical ridge goes to final. 

It's more based on the idea than the execution. That's where i think I failed. I was focused on creating a really clean presentation to be as professional as possible and I don't think that's what they were looking for. 

You didn't fail anywhere. This is one of those situations where they intentionally choose the worst submissions because "they tried." It happens all the time these days. 

Oh yeah, definitely.Whatever wins will be fixed up and touched up, so even if one of the...lesser ones win we can still have hope that the real look will be better. Oh well, its essentially minor league hockey; lower leagues jerseys are often more...interesting.

Seriously? Every game is on a Sunday? 

Don't the leagues you play in often always play at the same time/day?  Gotta find a open time slot for ice where you can.

Probably not the brightest idea in a town like Buffalo.  But they are probably hoping to get the young girls who don't like football crowd.

By the way - did they pick the 2 most simple and boring options for uniforms for the Beauts?

Since it is the beauts - I would have thrown in like one hot pink stripe somewhere in the uniform.

Edited by nobody

First three home games conflict with Bills, other home games should be ok.

With Burke, McDonald (captain at Maine), and Grigg (captain at RIT) at the blueline, and either Leveille (0.946SV% and a 1.18GAA last season with Minn) or McLaughlin (member of the national team, holds the NCAA D1 womens record for career saves) in net, we should be a sound defensive team.

Don't the leagues you play in often always play at the same time/day?  Gotta find a open time slot for ice where you can.

Probably not the brightest idea in a town like Buffalo.  But they are probably hoping to get the young girls who don't like football crowd.

By the way - did they pick the 2 most simple and boring options for uniforms for the Beauts?

Since it is the beauts - I would have thrown in like one hot pink stripe somewhere in the uniform.

Yeah, I personally won't be able to make most games, since my league in the fall is Sunday evenings in Rochester. D4rk might be playing with me. Bums me out. I'd love to go. Maybe i can swing it once or twice.

Ooh no pink. I know I don't stand alone when I say many women who play sports rather despise pink anywhere near the uniform. Breast cancer awareness or a special jersey, fine, but I know I'd personally be disgusted to have pink on my jersey unless it was also part of the city's men's team's jerseys too. I have a pink vendetta.

And yeah, they went with "safe" on the uniforms. For these kinds of design contests, I wish they'd pick more "finalists" rather than just two for more variation with the voting. But that's just me. 

Ooh no pink. I know I don't stand alone when I say many women who play sports rather despise pink anywhere near the uniform. Breast cancer awareness or a special jersey, fine, but I know I'd personally be disgusted to have pink on my jersey unless it was also part of the city's men's team's jerseys too. I have a pink vendetta.

With a name like Beauts - play up that 50's biker look.  Unless with that Sabre in their design they are going for 1850's pirate style. 

I wasn't talking pastel type pink - I was talking women's flat track roller derby bad-ass pink.

Yes I'm bitter. Shut up. 

oMh0dwN.png

The numbers aren't even on the sweater.  It's like he wasn't even trying.

Seriously? Every game is on a Sunday? 

That may affect my decision to buy season tickets.  EDIT:  Here is the home schedule, just nine games; I'm likely to be in:

10/11/2015 3:30 PM Boston Pride Buffalo Beauts HarborCenter

10/18/2015 3:30 PM Connecticut Whale Buffalo Beauts HarborCenter

10/25/2015 3:30 PM Boston Pride Buffalo Beauts HarborCenter

11/15/2015 3:30 PM Connecticut Whale Buffalo Beauts HarborCenter

11/22/2015 3:30 PM Connecticut Whale Buffalo Beauts HarborCenter

12/27/2015 3:30 PM New York Riveters Buffalo Beauts HarborCenter

1/31/2016 3:30 PM New York Riveters Buffalo Beauts HarborCenter

2/21/2016 3:30 PM New York Riveters Buffalo Beauts HarborCenter

2/28/2016 3:30 PM Boston Pride Buffalo Beauts HarborCenter

Edited by Eleven

The numbers aren't even on the sweater.  It's like he wasn't even trying.

That may affect my decision to buy season tickets.  EDIT:  Here is the home schedule, just nine games; I'm likely to be in:

10/11/2015 3:30 PM Boston Pride Buffalo Beauts HarborCenter

10/18/2015 3:30 PM Connecticut Whale Buffalo Beauts HarborCenter

10/25/2015 3:30 PM Boston Pride Buffalo Beauts HarborCenter

11/15/2015 3:30 PM Connecticut Whale Buffalo Beauts HarborCenter

11/22/2015 3:30 PM Connecticut Whale Buffalo Beauts HarborCenter

12/27/2015 3:30 PM New York Riveters Buffalo Beauts HarborCenter

1/31/2016 3:30 PM New York Riveters Buffalo Beauts HarborCenter

2/21/2016 3:30 PM New York Riveters Buffalo Beauts HarborCenter

2/28/2016 3:30 PM Boston Pride Buffalo Beauts HarborCenter

At least they're all afternoon games. I just do enough driving as it is between Buffalo and Rochester. Coming back to Buffalo on a Sunday for a few hours is annoying when I have to come back again Monday morning for work. Because I can almost guarantee I need to be in Rochester to play hockey in some form on Sunday evenings by like 7:00. 

I hope other people can go to the games and that they draw well. It just looks completely impractical for me to go. 

With a name like Beauts - play up that 50's biker look.  Unless with that Sabre in their design they are going for 1850's pirate style. 

I wasn't talking pastel type pink - I was talking women's flat track roller derby bad-ass pink.

Yeah I see what you're saying. Pink ladies vibe could work. I just get my hackles all up at the idea of "pinkifying" anything haha 

One of my friends is a roller derby chick in Wisconsin and their colors are black and white. They're the Dairyland Dolls and they rock a more goth-y vibe. Now I want to see gothy hockey. 

Yeah I see what you're saying. Pink ladies vibe could work. I just get my hackles all up at the idea of "pinkifying" anything haha 

One of my friends is a roller derby chick in Wisconsin and their colors are black and white. They're the Dairyland Dolls and they rock a more goth-y vibe. Now I want to see gothy hockey. 

I've been to a few DD bouts, at least in their house league form, the Mad Rollin' Dolls.  Good times.  Back when the guy on the left was their mascot.

I've also been been to more than a few Badger womens games.  Also good times.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

I've been to a few DD bouts, at least in their house league form, the Mad Rollin' Dolls.  Good times.  Back when the guy on the left was their mascot.

I've also been been to more than a few Badger womens games.  Also good times.

haha awesome! I know a few roller chicks in Rochester but never get out to their bouts :( 

Yep, this is my friend on the mad rollin' dolls http://madrollindolls.com/index.php/knockingjay-1213-dda Looks like blue and white are their home colors or something. I see a lot of black and white getup in her pics though. 

I love it- she was always a drama geek, top honors, super nerd. We were friends through dance class and summer college classes and her incredibly loud seal-like laugh. She's a married librarian who does research for NASA and makes all the idiot boys in our hometown feel bad for making fun of her growing up. I swore to her if I ever did derby I'd go by Amelia Bearheart. 

Ok, now I'm thoroughly off topic. Sorry, I love jawing about badass ladies. 

I just wish she'd played hockey ;) 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.