GDT Canucks at Sabres 2/26/2015 7PM MSG

Brawndo

Samson Reinhart.

Also, why do we have to tank for another year?

I get it I know Reinhart will be their but wouldn't the lineup look more potent with McDavid or Eichel added in rather than a number 3 or 4th pick that won't be there next year. We are to close to one of these two rather blow it on a few meaningless games. You want Hanifan or Strome instead? Edited by SabresBillsFan

I get it I know Reinhart will be their but wouldn't the lineup look more potent with McDavid or Eichel added in rather than a number 3 or 4th pick that won't be there next year. We are to close to one of these two rather blow it on a few meaningless games. You want Hanifan or Strome instead?

Well Hanafin would join the team next year. Strome won't be the 4th overall pick. Buffalo mathematically won't fall to the 4th pick.  Outside of that, yes as one of the ppl on this forum who has been reviewing players for the 2015 draft since the 2014 draft concluded, I know our lineup will look more potent.  That said the tank is done in 20 games, that's it.  We will have 4 high draft picks on this team and if we can't do anything with Bogosian, Reinhart, Kane, and our 2015 1st round pick than we don't deserve to be a hockey team anymore.

Well Hanafin would join the team next year. Strome won't be the 4th overall pick. Buffalo mathematically won't fall to the 4th pick. Outside of that, yes as one of the ppl on this forum who has been reviewing players for the 2015 draft since the 2014 draft concluded, I know our lineup will look more potent. That said the tank is done in 20 games, that's it. We will have 4 high draft picks on this team and if we can't do anything with Bogosian, Reinhart, Kane, and our 2015 1st round pick than we don't deserve to be a hockey team anymore.

Math don't matter. We can still pick 4th.

Math don't matter. We can still pick 4th.

that's nice, we wont.

Would u rather have a rookie d-man or another offensive stud in your top 6? Think what you want but their will be tons of pissed off fans if we don't land one of the big two.

This is getting away from the original point. You said we would have to tank again next year.  I asked why.  

As to your post here, I know the difference between McDavid and Eichel and Hanafin and Marner and Strome and Crouse and etc... If we miss out (I don't think we will) then Tim Murray is going to have to make due with what he gets.  Noah Hanafin is a hell of a defensemen.  I do prefer the forwards and I hope we get on but if we don't AND again this goes back to your original point, I do not believe it means we have to tank again next year in some full hardy attempt at Austin Mathews.  Tim Murray won't go through this again.

that's nice, we wont.

This is getting away from the original point. You said we would have to tank again next year. I asked why.

As to your post here, I know the difference between McDavid and Eichel and Hanafin and Marner and Strome and Crouse and etc... If we miss out (I don't think we will) then Tim Murray is going to have to make due with what he gets. Noah Hanafin is a hell of a defensemen. I do prefer the forwards and I hope we get on but if we don't AND again this goes back to your original point, I do not believe it means we have to tank again next year in some full hardy attempt at Austin Mathews. Tim Murray won't go through this again.

No I never said we would have to tank again next but my thinking is if you don't get one of the big two the others most likely won't be in your lineup next year. Which means you go thru next year without more added offensive punch because of some bull$hit wins that don't mean anything!

that's nice, we wont.

I don't think we finish third either. I think this little streak of points is our final hoorah for the season.

I was just pointing out that if we finish third we can still pick fourth. Then again we could also still pick first. Jesus Christ I am loosing it.

No I never said we would have to tank again next but my thinking is if you don't get one of the big two the others most likely won't be in your lineup next year. Which means you go thru next year without more added offensive punch because of some bull$hit wins that don't mean anything!

I am afraid we are a bottom five team next year with or without McEichel. Just too many holes to fill.

I don't think we finish third either. I think this little streak of points is our final hoorah for the season.

I was just pointing out that if we finish third we can still pick fourth. Then again we could also still pick first. Jesus Christ I am loosing it.

I am afraid we are a bottom five team next year with or without McEichel. Just too many holes to fill.

Possibly but if we land one of the big two I think we are better than bottom five. Plus much more exciting to watch because let's face it this team has been unwatchable the last two years.

Possibly but if we land one of the big two I think we are better than bottom five. Plus much more exciting to watch because let's face it this team has been unwatchable the last two years.

Not going to happen if we keep getting points like this versus two teams playing in a tougher western conference.  

That being said, if Mceichel is gone, i'd pick hanifin over marner, strome, and certainly crouse.

also i could see this happen

1.Arizona - Mcdavid

2.Edmonton - hanifin

3.Buffalo - eichel

Would be sad though if we don't get one of the top two after all the suffering

Edited by Heimdall

Time to hope Grigo works out and becomes our centre behind Reinhart. Then we focus and become a defense first team.

Gorges - Pysyk

Hanafin - Bogo

Risto - Zadarov

McCabe

If we draft Hannifan one of Risto/Zadarov will be traded for offense. This is why I could see us potentially trading out of the third pick to the highest bidder that wants Hannifan.

If we draft Hannifan one of Risto/Zadarov will be traded for offense. This is why I could see us potentially trading out of the third pick to the highest bidder that wants Hannifan.

The best play would be to trade it to Edmonton for RNH (plus more maybe, as he has been a bit disappointing) or someone. Then they get Eichel to replace him and help their defence with Hanafin.

The best play would be to trade it to Edmonton for RNH (plus more maybe, as he has been a bit disappointing) or someone. Then they get Eichel to replace him and help their defence with Hanafin.

RNH is having a very good season and we'd have to add a lot more to the deal to get him (not the other way around). They're not moving RNH.

RNH is having a very good season and we'd have to add a lot more to the deal to get him (not the other way around). They're not moving RNH.

He has 4 more points than Ennis. I'd trade Ennis for 3rd overall in a heartbeat. He averages 0.7 points per game that is incredibly disappointing or a first overall pick - or a top 5 pick in general. 

If we finish out of the McEichel sweepstakes I could care less who we draft. Quite honestly don't feel like waiting to see how another players junior season is going. Just trade the pick to the highest bidder for NHL ready players.

Yeah, a couple of "good" NHL players is better for the team's future way more than one potentially great NHL player. :rolleyes:

Edited by Met'yuPirog

Yeah, a couple of "good" NHL players is better for the team's future way more than one potentially great NHL player. :rolleyes:

I have about had it with "potentially". You know what " potentially" is? It is updating a players stats from his CHL games in '15-16. If it isn't McEichel then give me some NHL players.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.