Zemgus Girgensons' Injury - 2/24/2015

LGR4GM

If true, I am amazed. I thought it was going to be way worse.

Cue the "Zemgus Destroyer of Worlds" posts. Zemgus can't break his leg because he needs it to kick a$$.

Zemgus is unbreakable.  He's staying out two weeks so that no one learns his secret.

I am a CT tech too!  Where do you work?  I am in Spartanburg SC.

Yonkers, NY cool, Iswitched careers and have only been a tech for 2 years. Do you enjoy it

It's "fargin" Icehole, you corksorking bastage!

GO SABRES!!!

Hence the name of our beer league hockey team downstate...

Yonkers, NY cool, Iswitched careers and have only been a tech for 2 years. Do you enjoy it

Hence the name of our beer league hockey team downstate...

Roman would approve of you somanumbatching corksorkers!

post-1438-0-77967600-1424995986_thumb.jpg

Edited by K-9

FWIW, I was just adding an alternate interpretation to the discussion.

However, I have to disagree with your assessment of Nolan. I find that he can be literally cryptic, or cryptically literal these days. Contrasted against someone like Lindy, who was (is) always literal but acutely evasive, sometimes Teddy makes no sense.

Right. He's not necessarily being cryptic, he's just rambling at times.

Center Zemgus Girgensons was injured back on Feb. 24 after blocking a slap shot off his foot. While Nolan was hopeful that Girgensons would be back before the end of the regular season, he sounded less optimistic about that happening on Thursday.

“With that type of injury, you’re hoping to see him, but realistically, I’m not too sure if we will,” Nolan said. “It depends on the length of the injury, how [many] games we have left. If we have two, will you risk his rustiness getting hurt again?

“I’m not too sure of all those factors. There’s a lot of factors weighing into that, not just his injury.”

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=756751

I'm hoping what they are trying to say is "that we don't need to see any more of him this year, he's on the team for the foreseeable future, so lets give the kids a chance and we will blame his injury".

I think it means by the time he is healed, he would need 2-3 weeks of rehab to get up to speed and they may just shut him down. 

I think it means by the time he is healed, he would need 2-3 weeks of rehab to get up to speed and they may just shut him down. 

As long as  his career is not in jeopardy, I'm fine if I don't see him  till September, no matter how they spin it.

Edited by Woods-Racer

What I didn't like was the swipe at Grigorenko and skill without will comment.  Frankly I think TN is a bit over the top there.  Grigs has steadily been improving.  If he is a top end skill gut, put him with other skill guys so he can gain some confidence.  The compete will come when he feels he is contributing on the score sheet as well as in the D zone.

That looks exactly like the shot Z put on Satan's ankle in the 1999 playoffs.

At least his skate was off the ice when the puck hit, might be the difference between a really nasty bruise, and a smashed ankle.

Why is that?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.