GDT:Flyers at Sabres 7:30PM NBCSN

Brawndo

The New Look Sabres return to action tonight against the Flyers who are on an eight game point streak( 5-0-3). This is Buffalo's Final Game in a Five Game Home Stand and their first game since trading Myers, Stafford and Enroth. Bogosian will play his first game with his new team tonight. Johan Larsson has been called up and is probably in for Stewart who missed practice yesterday with the flu. Gorges has not practiced either.

Neuvirth probably gets the start tonight.

If you are attending the game, or if you are adventuring outside in WNY today, bundle up! It's cold out today!

For whatever reason, many posters have written off Johan, I think y'all are nuts. He's looked good as an Amerk and not out of place as a Sabre.

I haven't I wish he would get a substantial look in the lower portion of the roster to earn his stripes in Buffalo.  I'm tired of seeing Hodgson and Kaleta when Larsson has the potential to be as good if not better.  Looking forward to watching Bogosian specifically tonight.

Edited by TheCerebral1

-15 deg F this morning here and I'm not that far down the lake...Good news is there should be only a few people at canal side if you want a nice skate before the game.

My hope over the few weeks is Neuvirth plays him self into trade-able, so I hope they do play him often and he performs well. Then start bringing up the young ones.

-15 deg F this morning here and I'm not that far down the lake...Good news is there should be only a few people at canal side if you want a nice skate before the game.

My hope over the few weeks is Neuvirth plays him self into trade-able, so I hope they do play him often and he performs well. Then start bringing up the young ones.

Neuvirth brings a 4th rounder at best. I am sick of those kind of trades. Just sign him now to a fair deal and it is one thing less to worry about this summer.

One quick thing on Fucale and Subban. Most on here say it is not worth a 1st round pick in a goalie. Yet, trading for them has been brought up. Fucale could have been picked by us in the second round. You think we get him for just a 2nd now? Doubt it. Who would be more valuable in our organization now - Fucale or Compher? Big mistake that draft year.

We did not need to spend all 3 seconds on forwards. Management knew we were going to have a dumpster fire and we would be acquiring numerous picks. To not draft their goalie of the future right then was another DR f up.

Edited by sicknfla

Neuvirth brings a 4th rounder at best. I am sick of those kind of trades. Just sign him now to a fair deal and it is one thing less to worry about this summer.

One quick thing on Fucale and Subban. Most on here say it is not worth a 1st round pick in a goalie. Yet, trading for them has been brought up. Fucale could have been picked by us in the second round. You think we get him for just a 2nd now? Doubt it. Who would be more valuable in our organization now - Fucale or Compher? Big mistake that draft year.

Not going to debate the fourth rounder at all, I think that is about right. I just don't see GMTM signing him (his preference for big). So a fourth is something, compared to just letting him go for nothing., and I don't see GMTM not getting something.

GMTM seems to be stock piling goalies, big goalies, a late round Miller find may be what he is looking to achieve.

Edited by Woods-Racer

We did not need to spend all 3 seconds on forwards. Management knew we were going to have a dumpster fire and we would be acquiring numerous picks. To not draft their goalie of the future right then was another DR f up.

Didn't take long for this GDT to become a trade-discussion thread.

The New Look Sabres return to action tonight against the Flyers who are on an eight game point streak( 5-0-3). This is Buffalo's Final Game in a Five Game Home Stand and their first game since trading Myers, Stafford and Enroth. Bogosian will play his first game with his new team tonight. Johan Larsson has been called up and is probably in for Stewart who missed practice yesterday with the flu. Gorges has not practiced either.

Looks like both Larsson and Stewart are in, and Kaleta is out. Per Sabres twitter.

I wasn't only messing with a certain SS poster  :P , but Fucale is extremely over-rated.  His play this year has ranged from poor to average.  In his 4 years in the CHL, he has posted save percentages under .900 twice.  His rookie year with .892 and this year he posted a .890 in 24 games with halifax and .875 in 10 games for the Ramperts.  His two best years he posted save percentages of .909 and .907.  

I know its just save percentages, but compared to what other CHL goalies are doing, what some AHL goalies are doing, and what some European goaies are doing, makes him over-rated.  Vasilevskiy, Gibson, Hellebuyck, Hutchinson, Pickard are all way above him.  If we are going to trade for a young goalie, it better be a top young goalie who is playing great in the AHL, not someone struggling in the CHL

Larsson called up to showcase?  :)  Rumors!

Today's a fun day.. had to get the kid on the ice at 9am and then again at 6:30pm tonight for practices.  New team tonight so it should be fun, some new kids to coach too.  Looking forward to it.

Then I can come home and watch the Sabres play.  I want to see Bogosian entrench himself in the hearts of Sabres fans by putting a hurting on some Flyers forwards.. especially those named Giroux and Simmonds.

For whatever reason, many posters have written off Johan, I think y'all are nuts. He's looked good as an Amerk and not out of place as a Sabre.

Larsson has not clicked with Nolan for whatever reason. I have this weird feeling Nolan xenophobicly expects him to be an offensive player and has ignored the fact he is an obnoxious little prick with good hockey sense and better possession skills than most of the current roster. I'd like to see him used properly after the deadline, with a shot at Flynn, Mitchell or Stafford's minutes.

I'm thinking we are going to re-sign Michal, and target a team with a goalie logjam (Canucks with Lack and Markstrom maybe) to bring someone in to compete with him next year.

Then I can come home and watch the Sabres play.  I want to see Bogosian entrench himself in the hearts of Sabres fans by putting a hurting on some Flyers forwards.. especially those named Giroux and Simmonds.

Yes please. I find myself really wanting to like big Zach.

Larsson has not clicked with Nolan for whatever reason. I have this weird feeling Nolan xenophobicly expects him to be an offensive player and has ignored the fact he is an obnoxious little prick with good hockey sense and better possession skills than most of the current roster. I'd like to see him used properly after the deadline, with a shot at Flynn, Mitchell or Stafford's minutes.

If Nolan thinks Larsson is an offensive player he has a weird way of showing it since he hasn't gotten a lick of an opportunity with linemates who have some offensive ability.

Some guys take a few tries with the big club before they show what they can do at the NHL level.  IIRC, Filip Forsberg looked pretty average in his first couple of call-ups with the Preds.

Assuming we trade Mitchell and Stewart, that should open a spot for Johan for the rest of the season.  It'll be a good audition for him.

Is talking about the tank not allowed? Kinda like Fight Club?

The first rule of GDT is you do not talk about Tank Club.

The second rule of GDT is...

B-)

(I think at this point of the season people can pretty much talk about whatever they want)

I'm trying to give away (as in free) a pair of 300-level tickets to this game. I can have them waiting for you at will call under your name. PM me if you're interested. 

Man.. if only I could.  Very kind of you.  I hope someone can enjoy them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.