GDT: Nassau at Buffalo, February 8, 2015, 5pm.

Eleven

I caught one play by Zadorov and it was a near terrible turnover behind his own net.

I saw another play were he flubbed a pass to a forward.  The forward didn't get the puck and Zads could have easily followed up and tapped it up to him but he didn't wait to see what was going on and peeled back which resulted in a turnover.  To his credit though, once he realized what happened he didn't panic, he just played his position.  But there was a second or two there when he was totally clueless.

You're probably right, but I hope he can be sweetener in a bigger deal, the same way Cody Mac was in the Moulson trade, or Ott in the Miller trade.

He doesn't have the rep, but really, is is he any less effective than Ott this year?

Ott has definitely lost a step or two this year  :(

Yes (well only one song and it's mostly due to sucker punch) and I'd bang both of them.

I remember White Rabbit and Tomorrow Never Knows.  And little girls.

I thought overall though Nikita played pretty well last night.    He was +1 for the night, and got a point for an assist.    And he was +1 and earned a point against Dallas on Saturday, with 2 shots on goal per game.      For a rookie that seems like a good weekend.    

Edited by Jsixspd

Yes (well only one song and it's mostly due to sucker punch) and I'd bang both of them.

I've put two or three Bjork references in every GDT Neuvirth has been the starter. This is the first one that's gotten a second notice.

Gotta do somethin' to stay interested 'cuz the hockey ain't doin' it.

And yes, I'd do Neuvirth, too,… that is was you were saying, isn't it?

I caught one play by Zadorov and it was a near terrible turnover behind his own net.

Missed that, the only play I remember by him was screwing up at the point.

Tell your buddy Zadorov doesn't wear #57.  The numbers can be confusing from a distance.

I also had to explain to him what the cap floor was and that Zadorov is only 19 so I wouldn't be surprised if he mixed up the numbers  :lol:

I've put two or three Bjork references in every GDT Neuvirth has been the starter. This is the first one that's gotten a second notice.

Gotta do somethin' to stay interested 'cuz the hockey ain't doin' it.

And yes, I'd do Neuvirth, too,… that is was you were saying, isn't it?

Yes. As long as he doesn't mind me calling him Bjork.

Stafford complaining in his post game that the score keepers are shorting them shots on goal :huh:

He probably thought they got screwed on their first shot on net in the 2nd.  The fans all gave a wonderful Bronx cheer.  Only it wasn't a shot on net.  It was to the side of the net and was held by Halak.  So, even the fans were wrong. :)

Matt "Cockroach" Ellis.  You just can't get rid of him.

He's not a train wreck on the ice.  You can say what you want about him but he shows up and plays his game.  He's not a liability out there like most of the team.  For example.. Stewart was a joke last night.  He didn't win one battle for the puck that I can recall.

So my buddy went to the game tonight and keeps telling me how bad Zadorov played tonight. I didn't really pay attention to him, can anyone confirm/deny how bad he was?

He wasn't good.  Some missed passes and a few other errors but then the entire team wasn't good.  Myers was much worse in my opinion.

On a different note.. I was there.  Because.. free tickets and when I get a chance to take my son to the game, I do.  Even if I have to drive in that weather from Rochester to Buffalo.

We walked inside the gates, got up the escalators and an older gentleman with 200 level seats approached us and offered his VIP Rope Line for Pre-game.  So.. right there the entire trip was worth it.  The pre-game shenanigans are entertaining to say the least.  I need to see if I can get a shortened video clip of Zadarov punching Deslauriers in the ass before going on the ice.  It's.. strange?

Also. .clearly Deslauriers is loved by his teammates.. he's pretty vocal before going on the ice.

I'd resign Nick as soon as we are allowed to a 5 year deal. He's the 3/4th line guy you really want.

I like him too but this is ridiculous. We need to see more. Have we learned nothing? BRIDGE CONTRACT.

He won't cost must either way but committing long term to him when there's no need to is stupid at this juncture. Let's see what he does when there's more talent on the team.

Edited by Tank

I like him too but this is ridiculous. We need to see more. Have we learned nothing? BRIDGE CONTRACT.

He won't cost must either way but committing long term to him when there's no need to is stupid at this juncture. Let's see what he does when there's more talent on the team.

You want to give a "bridge contract" to a guy that in 2016 will be a UFA... that doesn't make sense.  He stands up for his teammates, he works hard, hits hard, isn't a defensive liability and this is his 3yr playing forward.  5years 1.25mil and done.  We have so much cap room that in 3 years when that cap rooms disappears, Nick will still be a great value contract. 

You want to give a "bridge contract" to a guy that in 2016 will be a UFA... that doesn't make sense.  He stands up for his teammates, he works hard, hits hard, isn't a defensive liability and this is his 3yr playing forward.  5years 1.25mil and done.  We have so much cap room that in 3 years when that cap rooms disappears, Nick will still be a great value contract. 

I agree.  This is the exact kind of player you don't bridge.  If he continues developing into a shutdown 3rd liner, it's a great value.  Elsewise, we can count on him being a consistently physical 4th liner for the duration.  Even if you have to give him 2 mil per, I'd do it.

I agree.  This is the exact kind of player you don't bridge.  If he continues developing into a shutdown 3rd liner, it's a great value.  Elsewise, we can count on him being a consistently physical 4th liner for the duration.  Even if you have to give him 2 mil per, I'd do it.

he makes .625 now and will get 0.650 next season.  I think if we re-sign him this NEXT (my bad I read the contract wrong) offseason we could go low 1milions and he would sign.  He's a good player for what he is and seems to be really liked around the team.

Edited by LGR4GM

He'll only be an RFA in 2016 not a UFA. I like Deslauriers a ton and his style of play isn't going to lead to a ton of offensive production so I don't think we'll have to worry about losing him to some huge offer we can't or won't match. That said I'd be fine with either a bridge deal that ends while he still has a year before UFA or a long term contract at 4th liner type money.

He'll only be an RFA in 2016 not a UFA. I like Deslauriers a ton and his style of play isn't going to lead to a ton of offensive production so I don't think we'll have to worry about losing him to some huge offer we can't or won't match. That said I'd be fine with either a bridge deal that ends while he still has a year before UFA or a long term contract at 4th liner type money.

I didn't realize he was still an RFA.  In that case, yeah bridge contract has no downside.

Three years, $1.45M.

More than doubles his current salary, is between Kaleta and McCormick money, buys him for his development years including one year of UFA (I think), would be signed through 2018/19.  He can earn more later, but is well paid for his current and expected skill set.

His agent might counter with no UFA years bought (two year deal) or with a slightly higher per-year price (~$1.6M) for the three years.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Deslauriers is started to remind me of Brad May in the role he plays on and off the ice.

I can see him having that kind of career and relationship with the fans.

I hope we hang onto him long enough for that to happen.  I really like his game.  He's the only one that's taking this "hardest working team in hockey" seriously.  (Well, him & Zemgus.)

I hope we hang onto him long enough for that to happen.  I really like his game.  He's the only one that's taking this "hardest working team in hockey" seriously.  (Well, him & Zemgus.)

Ennis shows up every night too. I've been really impressed with him this season. Works hard everywhere on the ice, creates plays, and hits too. 

Ennis shows up every night too. I've been really impressed with him this season. Works hard everywhere on the ice, creates plays, and hits too. 

I can't argue with that.

There actually is a core building.  The three we mentioned, Zads, Risto.  I like to think Stewart hangs around/returns after trade.

Ennis has really broken out this year. I've mentioned it before but it seems to have clicked for him what style of play he needs to use to succeed. He just bounces around out there like a bouncy ball.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.