GDT: Sabres at Montreal 2-3-2015 7:30 PM EST MSG, WGR

Brawndo

I still stand by it: there is no such thing as a bold prediction for your own team.

Doesn't make you any less wrong.

So it's not bold to predict your team to win, because as fans of that team, we should always think they will win?

d17mDRz.jpg

Let's see, the Habs are coming off a loss to the Yotes and Buffalo beat them in a home and home last 2 meetings. I WILL bet the house on Buff not only losing, but getting hamhocked in the process.

Agreed. No way Montreal falls in back to backs to two of the worse teams in the league, at home, in the middle of a playoff hunt. 

There's a clear bias there when picking a game featuring your own team. Predicting they will win has nothing to do with the other team they're playing... It's a view on your own team.

I don't think that bias is enough to overcome the nearly suffocating amount of evidence that your team will lose. 

As for the bold: again, just because there's a bias doesn't mean the average fan is delusional and void of objectivity. Your opponent has a 80% affect on who I predict will win. It takes two to tango, just looking at one dance partner and making a prediction because you like them more is not only bold, but ridiculous as well. 

Edited by WildCard

I don't think that bias is enough to overcome the nearly suffocating amount of evidence that your team will lose.

As for the bold: again, just because there's a bias doesn't mean the average fan is delusional and void of objectivity. Your opponent has a 80% affect on who I predict will win.

It doesn't matter what evidence there is against your team. There will always be a group of fans EVERY game that say they think this is the night. That's the point. It's just a pointless shot in the dark and not a real prediction based on any legitimate thoughts or feelings. "Gut feelings" excluded because we all get gut feelings with our own team.

It doesn't matter what evidence there is against your team. There will always be a group of fans EVERY game that say they think this is the night. That's the point. It's just a pointless shot in the dark and not a real prediction based on any legitimate thoughts or feelings. "Gut feelings" excluded because we all get gut feelings with our own team.

You can be hopeful and still be smart enough to realize the lunacy of it at the same time. If you realize how insane your prediction it is, I think that makes it more bold.

I don't think he really meant "bold" as in he was actually being bold. Humor: we've heard of it.

In any case, my bold prediction is the Sabres go into the third down by one, tie it up, and lose on some horribly blown D coverage in OT. Buoyed by tonight's non-loss they put a Sabres blow out on St Louis on Thursday (which is a 3-1 win for this team).

Sabres beat the Habs on back-to-back nights over Thanksgiving weekend.

I benched the red-hot Carey Price this week in fantasy (in favor of Halak and Holtby...) because I am so scared of the Sabres beating him :D Can't wait for this trainwreck season to finish... It's really messing with my brains.  Let's go, Sabres.

Sabres beat the Habs on back-to-back nights over Thanksgiving weekend.

I benched the red-hot Carey Price this week in fantasy (in favor of Halak and Holtby...) because I am so scared of the Sabres beating him :D Can't wait for this trainwreck season to finish... It's really messing with my brains.  Let's go, Sabres.

At least you have more than one brain to mess with, my lonely single one is shot, and yes I do put most of the blame on the Sabres..

John Vogl

Ted Nolan is encouraging the Sabres who are trade candidates to "make it happen" with fine play. "Maybe somebody will see you and want you."

:blink:  or  :wallbash: or  :doh: 

David Cervi ‏@DavidJCervi  5m

"For just 19¢ a day, you can support a play like Chris Stewart & free him from his conditions"

B88qX5gIEAE0hh6.jpg
Edited by BRAWNDO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.