GDT Sabres at Red Wings 1-18-2015 8PM NBCSN, WGR

Brawndo

How is all this negativity in discussing the game any different than discussing the tank? They go hand in hand. Regardless of what freaking thread it is.

People just like to complain about anything.

So you shouldn't have any problems sticking to the tank threads.

Gorges is a #4 stay-at-home defenseman that's being pushed to play top-pair. It's not really unlike Robyn Regehr's usage (and now that I look at the usage charts, they're pretty much qualitatively the same). Gorges' Corsi Relative Quality of Teammates (read how good/bad his linemates are) is team-worst for defensemen. He's playing barely ok, but his stats like points and +/- are terrible, because he's playing the hardest minutes with the weakest help.

Meanwhile, Weber and Meszaros are getting sheltered time and still stinking. Meszaros is legitimately bad. Bad play in sheltered minutes, even with among the strongest QoT. I saw him make one decent defensive play tonight, only to be followed by a penalty less than 1.5 seconds later.

Me? No, I don't tank in the GDTs. I also don't really care if people post tank stuff though. I don't feel the need to police people in a forum that I don't own.

Edited by skaught

GDT Five-oh. Relax man its an online forum not a Congressional hearing. In fact every time you complain about it more ppl will bring it up. If the game impacts our team's chance of picking number one then it kind of belongs in the GAME DISCUSSION THREAD. After all what else is there to talk about in the last 11 games.

Anyways you made your point as did others so let's look forward to the Skills Competition.

GDT Five-oh. Relax man its an online forum not a Congressional hearing. In fact every time you complain about it more ppl will bring it up. If the game impacts our team's chance of picking number one then it kind of belongs in the GAME DISCUSSION THREAD. After all what else is there to talk about in the last 11 games.

Anyways you made your point as did others so let's look forward to the Skills Competition.

Nobody's complaining. Majority speaks......... as it did earlier in the year. Thanks for your input.

Nobody's complaining. Majority speaks......... as it did earlier in the year. Thanks for your input.

Early in the year we had hope. We now have none. This team finishing in the McEichle sweepstakes is the most important part of the remainder of the season. I don't think the word TANK is even appropriate anymore. The tanking got us to this point. We all can agree on that right??

The tank is over. Now were just living it. That is reality. Saying we can't discuss losing and its benefits right now on a GDT is just certain people trying to be difficult.

I highly doubt I am the minority right now.

Edited by sicknfla

I'd trade him and resign Neiverth if possible. I think Neiverth has more potential, but neither are the long term solution.

Trade whichever one brings a pick - most likely a 3rd at best. Nobody is going to give much for these guys. Enroth is shell shocked. Play the season out and re-sign whichever one wants to stay. Don't throw the bank at either.

Was a consensus ever come to? It seemed like a vocal minority stating "Don't be talkin bout no tankin in the GDT".

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/22655-the-tank-is-12-over/page__st__400 A few pro-tankers mentioned it here, as well as in the first GDT of the year: http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/22782-gdt-columbus-vs-buffalo-7pm/ posts 16, 28, 33

i think there were a few other places but it seemed to me to be an agreement

Strange, never heard that phrase before, and I read your post then pick up my bio of Eisenhower and he called McCarthy a pimple on the road to progress, lol

I knew I had heard that expression before, but I didn't even know where to start looking. That you guys for that, made my morning!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.