Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Oh my goodness! The coil has been lifted from my eyes! I understand it all, now!

How would the taxpayers' money be any better spent if the Bills were a powerhouse year in and year out?

I love how you competently place your apostrophes. Bringing sexy back to SabreSpace.

Are numbers available indicating tax dollars to the Bills compared to the economic impact of the Bills on the area? 

My understanding is that no professional sports team has enough economic impact to make tax money sunk into facilities, etc. an economic net gain for a region.  Can't say I have a link to back it up.  I'm sure someone more ambitious than me with find one.

My understanding is that no professional sports team has enough economic impact to make tax money sunk into facilities, etc. an economic net gain for a region. Can't say I have a link to back it up. I'm sure someone more ambitious than me with find one.

There's a last week tonight with John Olliver about stadiums. He refers to a few studies that found no connection between a sports stadium and economic growth. I don't know the specific studies.

My understanding is that no professional sports team has enough economic impact to make tax money sunk into facilities, etc. an economic net gain for a region.  Can't say I have a link to back it up.  I'm sure someone more ambitious than me with find one.

I would think there would have to be an economic impact study done somewhere. 

Must-watch on stuff like this:

Obama needs to levy an Executive Order stopping taxpayer money for stadiums. My ideas: limit the percentage and total $$$ a team can get from the public, require them to open their books if they're requesting taxpayer money, require votes for approval and require some revenues to go towards repaying the tax breaks given.

There's a last week tonight with John Olliver about stadiums. He refers to a few studies that found no connection between a sports stadium and economic growth. I don't know the specific studies.

^^^ Beat me to it. Link above.

I would think there would have to be an economic impact study done somewhere. 

There have been many studies done but the problem as with most studies is that they tend to be less then objective. In an ideal world there would be no use of public funds to benefit any private enterprise and then there would be less need for all the layers of wasteful government ..... Another thread....

I'm not doubting your fandom, I'm despising your ###### attitude towards those with some enthusiasm. Rex Ryan's Bills have been a huge disappointment so far, clearly this has everything to do with the past 15 years.

Just looking our for my fellow brothers and sisters who are shackled with this Bills fandom anchor like me. They could bring back the resurrected corpse of Vince Lombardi and I still wouldn't be sold on a playoff team until it actually happens, nor should you. I know you don't want to admit it, but 16 years of irrelevance does mean something on a multitude of levels.

He's anticipating the snap. They have to snap it before zero.  its actually rather intelligent for him to jump then.

.................... good point in theory---but given Hughes history I highly doubt that he intended that. ...he went over the line before zero hit. And then he was pointing at the clock-.Any movement by the O line at that point COULD HAVE been construed as encroachment even though the ball wasn't snapped.That play is kinda on the official's mood at the time unfortunately. The point I was making was that Hughes almost screwed that up.

.................... good point in theory---but given Hughes history I highly doubt that he intended that. ...he went over the line before zero hit. And then he was pointing at the clock-.Any movement by the O line at that point COULD HAVE been construed as encroachment even though the ball wasn't snapped.That play is kinda on the official's mood at the time unfortunately. The point I was making was that Hughes almost screwed that up.

I think you're way off here. Hughes didn't move until the moment before the whistles were blown. The zero was there for almost a second before he jumped. He was even pointing at the clock before he jumped. It was intentional all the way.

Missed the game. How did our last 4 years worth of first round picks do?

Sammy Watkins, 2014 and 2015 first round pick, was out.

EJ Manuel, 2013 first round pick, was terrible.

Stephon Gilmore, 2012 first round pick, is awesome and part of the loan bright spot for this team.

Sammy Watkins, 2014 and 2015 first round pick, was out.

EJ Manuel, 2013 first round pick, was terrible.

Stephon Gilmore, 2012 first round pick, is awesome and part of the loan bright spot for this team.

I agree with you that Gillmore is awesome and a bright spot although hardly a "lone" bright spot. Today. however, wasn't one of his stronger efforts although still probably above average.

I agree with you that Gillmore is awesome and a bright spot although hardly a "lone" bright spot. Today. however, wasn't one of his stronger efforts although still probably above average.

Well the defensive line hasn't been a bright spot. The linebackers have been solid but nothing to write home about. The offensive skill positions have seen injuries and poor play for the most part aside from Charles Clay. The offensive line has been questionable. Tyrod Taylor has been solid but the injury is worrisome for a guy like him. Colton Schmidt has been a bright spot.

So the punter and the corners? :p

(Don't freak out, I'm mostly kidding)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.