Tyler Myers

papazoid

Who are you talking about?

I reread the thread and thought nearly everyone agreed with you.

The poll is like 52% Myers, 48% Karlsson so technically he is correct that the majority preferred having Myers, but the difference is 5 votes out of nearly 80. It's a melodramatic post.

The poll is like 52% Myers, 48% Karlsson so technically he is correct that the majority preferred having Myers, but the difference is 5 votes out of nearly 80. It's a melodramatic post.

To be fair to Drane, I don't think the board consensus being a coin flip between Myers are Karlsson makes us look any better than saying the majority preferred Myers. In either case, with hindsight being 20/20, anything other than a landslide in Karlsson's favor would be very, very wrong. As someone who was hardcore on the Myers bandwagon, I have no problem admitting defeat on this one.

To be fair to Drane, I don't think the board consensus being a coin flip between Myers are Karlsson makes us look any better than saying the majority preferred Myers. In either case, with hindsight being 20/20, anything other than a landslide in Karlsson's favor would be very, very wrong. As someone who was hardcore on the Myers bandwagon, I have no problem admitting defeat on this one.

Both were young and still finding their way. Myers appeared to have a bigger tool box. Turns out Karlsson's was stocked with better than Craftsman. It happens.

Give me a F'n break.

He called me out for comparing the two. Like I was comparing Bobby Orr to Gord Donnelly....which in all honesty, might be true.

The people looking for a king's ransom now are using the same wishful thinking.

I believe you also said I was melodramatic when I said Girgensons was a can't miss prospect and would be the leader of this team the day we drafted him.

You want it both ways? You want the cover of future uncertainty, yet when revisiting the past, it doesn't matter. You might as well be posting on the NY Lotto message board then.......

Thank you.

I thought Michael Grosek and Taylor Pyatt would be 400 goal scorers. We all whiff.

People are still waxing poetic for Myers as some sort of great player though. He's propbably going to end a $38.5 million contract scoring less than 50 goals and getting into 3 fights over 7 years.

Give me a F'n break.

He called me out for comparing the two. Like I was comparing Bobby Orr to Gord Donnelly....which in all honesty, might be true.

The people looking for a king's ransom now are using the same wishful thinking.

I believe you also said I was melodramatic when I said Girgensons was a can't miss prospect and would be the leader of this team the day we drafted him.

You want it both ways? You want the cover of future uncertainty, yet when revisiting the past, it doesn't matter. You might as well be posting on the NY Lotto message board then.......

Thank you.

I thought Michael Grosek and Taylor Pyatt would be 400 goal scorers. We all whiff.

People are still waxing poetic for Myers as some sort of great player though. He's propbably going to end a $38.5 million contract scoring less than 50 goals and getting into 3 fights over 7 years.

Not sure the testiness is warranted here.

In any case, I'm still pretty much all in on Myers. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Sabres fell off the table when he got hurt this year.

Is he as good as Karlsson? No, of course not. Defensemen who can produce that kind of offense are rare and precious. But Myers is a very good, and valuable, top-pairing NHL defenseman who still has plenty of upside.

I think you're spot-on, and I think you can generalize this to most good-but-not-great players. I think we as fans tend to evaluate players in terms of what we want them to be rather than what they are, which can lead us to emphasize weaknesses and overlook strengths.

To add to your point, it also depends on how much, we as fans, have invested into that particular player. If you jumped on the Tyler Myers bandwagon from the start, and are a charter member of his fan club, generally speaking, you are going to see him through rose colored glasses thus jading your opinion. I was a charter member of the Thomas Vanek excuse makers club, so I am fully aware of this phenomenon. Oddly enough, when you hear people refuse to recognize glaring faults in a player and defend them to the bitter end, it makes the opposing side dislike that particular player even more.

Not sure the testiness is warranted here.

In any case, I'm still pretty much all in on Myers. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Sabres fell off the table when he got hurt this year.

Is he as good as Karlsson? No, of course not. Defensemen who can produce that kind of offense are rare and precious. But Myers is a very good, and valuable, top-pairing NHL defenseman who still has plenty of upside.

It's not a coincidence that they started sucking once he got hurt, you're right. It's the fact that just about everybody else got hurt at the same time.

So you're saying Myers helps keep other players healthy?

Nothing in my post implies that and I obviously don't believe it, but if you think that the team started sucking because Myers got hurt you could just as easily deduce that everybody else got hurt because he got hurt.

It's the truth. His marfans creates a vortex of good microbes to protect everyone in his vicinity and once he got hurt something had to replace the vacuum that resulted and we can only prognosticate that it was filled with aids and super parasites leaving the remaining teammates exposed an vulnerable to injury and sickness.

Or it could just all be coincidence but where's the fun in that?

It's the truth. His marfans creates a vortex of good microbes to protect everyone in his vicinity and once he got hurt something had to replace the vacuum that resulted and we can only prognosticate that it was filled with aids and super parasites leaving the remaining teammates exposed an vulnerable to injury and sickness.

Wow. I never realized any of this.

You see much that is hidden.

Or it could just all be coincidence but where's the fun in that?

I once dated a girl in a marfans vortex. I loved her, but sadly she outgrew me.

I know what you know, but your point pointed to you being a hoser.

My point was just simply that assuming the team was suddenly bad because a one of many injured players was missing is in the same vein as assuming that they all got hurt because Myers got hurt.

One of the Internet Rumor Mongers was on the Myers to Detroit Bandwagon the other day. Yes I realize everything with this account is total BS, but the Sabres Demand was supposively Tatar or Larkin or Mantha and Detroit's 2015 1st for Myers. The reason I bring it up is how would the board feel about that as a return for Myers.

Edited by BRAWNDO

One of the Internet Rumor Mongers was on the Myers to Detroit Bandwagon the other day. Yes I realize everything with this account is total BS, but the Sabres Demand was supposively Tatar or Larkin or Mantha and Detroit's 2015 1st for Myers. The reason I bring it up is how would the board feel about that as a return for Myers.

I feel shame for even discussing those rumor pages of garbage, but if they offered that up and Timmy didn't take I would be a little angry. I don't know who I would prefer between Mantha and Larkin.

I hate responding to your response but that was supposedly what TM was asking, not what they were offering. I think Detroit would do Tatar but not the other two at this point. I would want nothing to do with Tatar. He's just Ennis on a good team. The other two would be no brainers but Detroit's only going there if they think Myers is a top pairing guy that would put them over the top and I don't think they are there yet. Who knows what happens around the deadline when teams start thinking they are closer then they are.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.