2015 IIHF World Juniors

WildCard

Who's the brunette chick they keep showing?

I'm obviously biased but sam was the best. Took all the key face offs, pk, pp, lots of smart plays that don't show up on the score sheet but domi was much flashier.

Domi was great. He really was. I've got no beef with the selection. Samsung was also great. He really does play a quiet game, but he's ###### awesome at it and there is no doubt about it.

Domi was great. He really was. I've got no beef with the selection. Samsung was also great. He really does play a quiet game, but he's ###### awesome at it and there is no doubt about it.

He was, but several others had more points in the tournament so seems more like a hometown kid pick:

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/417/IHM417000_85B_9_0.pdf

He was really good.

I think that's Domi's sister.

He played really good for a diabetic.

What a great freaking game.

And I'm totally fine with Domi getting MVP, as Samson's winger. That's exactly what we want to see, Samson helping create success for those on his line (taking nothing away from Domi's abilities). I can't wait for him to get bigger and faster, and then up here. He's going to be a good one.

Seemed like he was out there the entire final 5 minutes and taking all the critical faceoffs. He was a monster this game.

Great experience for him to have. Haven't been able to find final individual stats yet but I'm thinking he's over 27 minutes. And he was killer on faceoffs all night.

Great experience for him to have. Haven't been able to find final individual stats yet but I'm thinking he's over 27 minutes. And he was killer on faceoffs all night.

Can't find TOI, but Reinhart was +13 for the tournament and almost 58% on face-offs:

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/417/IHM417000_83_65_0_CAN.pdf

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/417/IHM417000_85F_10_0.pdf

Here's stats for just that last game, but unless I'm missing it still no TOI (Reinhart was almost 62% on FO, though):

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/417/IHM417131_74_3_0.pdf

Edited by biodork

Lets hope he bulks up so he can stay with the big boys next year.

I'd be really disappointed if Reinhart wasn't up with the Sabres for next season. Can't imagine there are too many #2 overall picks that have spent 2 years in Juniors after they were drafted. Especially considering we'll have a top 5 pick this draft too who is almost certain to be on the Sabres roster next season.

I'd be really disappointed if Reinhart wasn't up with the Sabres for next season. Can't imagine there are too many #2 overall picks that have spent 2 years in Juniors after they were drafted. Especially considering we'll have a top 5 pick this draft too who is almost certain to be on the Sabres roster next season.

This season marks Reinhart's 5th season in Major Junior hockey, plus he'll be 20 next year so he's AHL eligible. That said, no way in hell he's not playing for the Sabres next season. And my prediction is he scores 50 points in his rookie year.

I've got nothing to back that up, just a hunch. I think he'll have similar numbers to Jonathan Toes.

Some final notes on Reinhart's tourney: first-unit power-play, first-unit PK, took most of the key defensive zone face-offs, played against the other team's best lines, three game-winning goals, +13, scored a point in every game.

Outplayed McDavid? And Eichel? Best player in the tournament? Understood he has a couple years on them, but if they are "generational"....he looked great.

Sam is over a year older than Connor which makes a huge difference at this age. Also remember that McDavid was coming off of a long term injury which takes time to get up to speed (and as a result looked better as the tourney progressed). Having said that Reinhart was a top 2 or 3 player in the entire tournament and looked fantastic. We need him to add some strength and hopefully work on his skating a bit but man he can think is way through a game and come up big in the clutch.

Sam had a great tourney. The kid has off the charts hockey IQ and defensive awareness. You can tell he is a pass first player. This is why you get him good wingers he makes the players around him better. He had a few passes in the tournament where he just knew his players would be in the open space. Me personally I would like to see him work on his skating speed and bulk up some so he can be dominant at the NHL level. The tools are there is just getting stronger. Now on to McDavid. He started the tourney off slow because he didn't play for sometime with that hand injury. But by the end of the tournament you could see in the last few games he was putting up points. His speed when he gets going is NHL high end speed. Kid is gonna be good. Eichel from what I seen is also right there. I think Eichel is gonna be that goal scorer where as McDavid is that playmaker with surefire hands from the face off dot on in.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.