Pegula incensed with Florida Panthers

papazoid

"Incensed"? Not just "miffed," "irked" or "disgruntled"? What evidence is there that he was "incensed"? Did a vein pop out on his head? Did he shake? Did Kim pull him back at any point and stroke his head? Offer a cool washcloth like the mother in A Christmas Story?

Yes, let's be incensed. No one from the north has ever prodded a Floridian during a hurricane, all of which inevitably kill someone. My God, you dimwit, no one from the Panthers was making light of deaths from the storm. It was just snow footage. Terry will get another key to the city for being so apoplectic, but I just think he's a bigger pod than ever. Thin-skinned and sensitive and fragile... that'll win in the sport of hockey every time.

Sometimes what you do is just creepy.

Sometimes what you do is just creepy.

I don't know what to tell you besides, stop reading. Believe it or not, I do take criticism from some people here seriously. I re-read the post. I don't see the creepiness, I really don't. I don't like Terry. It's not personal. I think he's a bad owner. Is that creepy? Coming on to four years on, no one has any leg to stand on to counter my opinion, other than the fact he spends a lot of money. This is another example of his flaky mindset. You can go back to his telling the News that the Sabres were quitting because of unfavorable coverage. Was it the washcloth?

I don't know what to tell you besides, stop reading. Believe it or not, I do take criticism from some people here seriously. I re-read the post. I don't see the creepiness, I really don't. I don't like Terry. It's not personal. I think he's a bad owner. Is that creepy? Coming on to four years on, no one has any leg to stand on to counter my opinion, other than the fact he spends a lot of money. This is another example of his flaky mindset. You can go back to his telling the News that the Sabres were quitting because of unfavorable coverage. Was it the washcloth?

What criticism? Just saying.... I thought that was what you were going for. Take any innocuous hearsay, turn it into derision. It's successfully creepy. It takes discipline. I'm never sure if you take it seriously.

I'm just waiting for episode 7 when we find out Terry Pegula is your father.

Edited by X. Benedict

Judging from the score board, PASabreFan might have a point.

The best way to exact revenge is to win, whereas Terry is aiming for a last place finish again.

Sure, a Florida Panther, isn't an actual sub-species of Cougar. Granted, the Florida Panther is just an isolated, inbred, emaciated, crooked tailed, heart-diseased disaster of a Mountain Lion, but Terry Pegula's Sabres just lost the game to them.

Someone posted this at the Bills forum as a salvo in the new "Weather Wars".....

56884425.jpg

:lol:

That is not funny. Hurricane Andrew was a natural disaster. Take a ride through Homestead sometime and you can still see the affect of that storm. Last I knew snow melted.

I understand some people had storm related deaths and that is a shame. The Panthers meant nothing bad by this. They probably could have used better judgement. Pegula could have as well. Far as I am concerned he made a fool of himself. Big, bad owner of the Bills and Sabres flexing his muscles. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Edited by sicknfla

That is not funny. Hurricane Andrew was a natural disaster. Take a ride through Homestead sometime and you can still see the affect of that storm. Last I knew snow melted.

I understand some people had storm related deaths and that is a shame. The Panthers meant nothing bad by this. They probably could have used better judgement. Pegula could have as well. Far as I am concerned he made a fool of himself. Big, bad owner of the Bills and Sabres flexing his muscles. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Neither Andrew or the recent snowstorm are funny - and the snowstorm WAS a natural disaster as well.. I live in one of the areas hardest hit by the snowstorm. I was stuck at home (I stop short of using the word "trapped") for five days. It's easy to poke fun at snowy Buffalo when you've never had to dig five feet of snow out of your driveway. Aside from the deaths attributed to the storm, the cost of the cleanup plus the damage done to buildings, trees and property will run into the millions of dollars. That snowstorm was no joke, son. Shame on the Panthers. Maybe Pegula overreacted a bit, but that doesn't mean he was wrong.

Neither Andrew or the recent snowstorm are funny - and the snowstorm WAS a natural disaster as well.. I live in one of the areas hardest hit by the snowstorm. I was stuck at home (I stop short of using the word "trapped") for five days. It's easy to poke fun at snowy Buffalo when you've never had to dig five feet of snow out of your driveway. Aside from the deaths attributed to the storm, the cost of the cleanup plus the damage done to buildings, trees and property will run into the millions of dollars. That snowstorm was no joke, son. Shame on the Panthers. Maybe Pegula overreacted a bit, but that doesn't mean he was wrong.

I lived in Buffalo for 25 years. I still have a business there. I am very aware of what this past storm was like for all of you. I have also lived in Florida for 18 years. In 2003 I watched my town get destroyed by Hurricane Charley. Not some tree limbs, nit some building damage, and not being stranded in your house for 5 days. We had people living in our school gymnasiums because their houses were leveled. Our school system lost 17% of the students after the storm because people had to relocate to stay with relatives until they could get their lives back in order.

Listen, I don't want to take the storm you went through lightly. My in-laws live in East Aurora. I know you got hammered. I just didn't like the Andrew post. Trust me you are comparing a bar fight to Vietnam.

This is all so dumb. Some people can laugh at tragedies and some people get offended. Oh freaking well. We are all different.

If you are going to joke about a tragedy in public, the nice thing to do is wait a little while. Otherwise it's fair game. Hurricane andrew was a long time ago, that joke was funny, if you find it offensive, then this world is a cruel place. Just understand that other people have a different sense of humor than you.

Edit: if you get offended over 20 year old hurricanes but don't see the comparison to this storm than oh well. It's all personal. I personally didn't find anything wrong with it as it's obvious what they meant.

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

This is all so dumb. Some people can laugh at tragedies and some people get offended. Oh freaking well. We are all different.

If you are going to joke about a tragedy in public, the nice thing to do is wait a little while. Otherwise it's fair game. Hurricane andrew was a long time ago, that joke was funny, if you find it offensive, then this world is a cruel place. Just understand that other people have a different sense of humor than you.

Yes many do. That is very clear when I am with my teenage sons and their friends. They would have found it funny - I didn't.

BTW, who the hell laughs at tragedies? And what the hell does how long ago have anything to do with it? Your right though this is dumb.

Edited by sicknfla

You want to know the best part about all the so called outrage in this thread? The only quote actually credited to Pegula was "People died in that storm... That's not funny". That's it, that's the only quote we have seen. Does that really sound like an outrageous response from him? Those are some pretty tame words right there. The twitter post from the Miami writer used the word upset which is also a fairly tame wording. It's the prohockeytalk person who throws the word incensed out there as a headline grabber, attempting to draw mouse clicks. I'm not so sure why we're hanging on the words of a story compiler.

edit: Oh yeah, it's PA, who always love to jump all over one single word.

Edited by shrader

I lived in Buffalo for 25 years. I still have a business there. I am very aware of what this past storm was like for all of you. I have also lived in Florida for 18 years. In 2003 I watched my town get destroyed by Hurricane Charley. Not some tree limbs, nit some building damage, and not being stranded in your house for 5 days. We had people living in our school gymnasiums because their houses were leveled. Our school system lost 17% of the students after the storm because people had to relocate to stay with relatives until they could get their lives back in order.

Listen, I don't want to take the storm you went through lightly. My in-laws live in East Aurora. I know you got hammered. I just didn't like the Andrew post. Trust me you are comparing a bar fight to Vietnam.

I didn't like the Andrew comment, either. That was a horrible storm and obviously it had much more far-reaching effects. I don't take any natural disaster lightly.

You want to know the best part about all the so called outrage in this thread? The only quote actually credited to Pegula was "People died in that storm... That's not funny". That's it, that's the only quote we have seen. Does that really sound like an outrageous response from him? Those are some pretty tame words right there. The twitter post from the Miami writer used the word upset which is also a fairly tame wording. It's the prohockeytalk person who throws the word incensed out there as a headline grabber, attempting to draw mouse clicks. I'm not so sure why we're hanging on the words of a story compiler.

edit: Oh yeah, it's PA, who always love to jump all over one single word.

Exactly. Media guy needs to break out the phone and record next time if it's really him snapping.

"Residents of Buffalo NY....". That phrase has been heard a bunch in national media over past 3 weeks followed by praise, empathy, and admiration. Now some joker digital media intern decides he's gonna use it in his weak intro...blah. And the mascot playing street hockey is supposed to make us jelly? Duh. No, we're actually frustrated it hasn't been cold enough to flood our backyard rinks yet.

This country is getting soft............. (That probably hurt somebody's feelings)

Statements like this continue to have no meaning. Ever consider the country has remained the same, but due to technology (particularly social media) we're just more aware of things to be mad about, are able to express those feelings instantaneously, and as a consequence are more aware when people do get offended by something? Of course not, that wouldn't fit with your macho narrative.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.