Pegula incensed with Florida Panthers

papazoid

Florida general manager Dale Tallon apologized to Buffalo owner Terry Pegula and general manager Tim Murray for the team’s pregame video on Saturday night.

The video interspersed scenes from Buffalo’s recent major snowstorm with those of the Panthers’ mascot fishing and doing other activities outside in the South Florida sun.

Pegula, who lives in Palm Beach County and recently purchased the Bills, was incensed as he spoke with Tallon about the video.

Over a dozen deaths were blamed on the massive snowstorm that crippled parts of the Buffalo area last month.

“People died in that storm,” Pegula was overheard saying to Tallon. “That’s not funny.”

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/06/report-panthers-gm-apologizes-to-sabres-owner-for-pre-game-snowstorm-video/

"Incensed"? Not just "miffed," "irked" or "disgruntled"? What evidence is there that he was "incensed"? Did a vein pop out on his head? Did he shake? Did Kim pull him back at any point and stroke his head? Offer a cool washcloth like the mother in A Christmas Story?

Yes, let's be incensed. No one from the north has ever prodded a Floridian during a hurricane, all of which inevitably kill someone. My God, you dimwit, no one from the Panthers was making light of deaths from the storm. It was just snow footage. Terry will get another key to the city for being so apoplectic, but I just think he's a bigger pod than ever. Thin-skinned and sensitive and fragile... that'll win in the sport of hockey every time.

"Incensed"? Not just "miffed," "irked" or "disgruntled"? What evidence is there that he was "incensed"? Did a vein pop out on his head? Did he shake? Did Kim pull him back at any point and stroke his head? Offer a cool washcloth like the mother in A Christmas Story?

Yes, let's be incensed. No one from the north has ever prodded a Floridian during a hurricane, all of which inevitably kill someone. My God, you dimwit, no one from the Panthers was making light of deaths from the storm. It was just snow footage. Terry will get another key to the city for being so apoplectic, but I just think he's a bigger pod than ever. Thin-skinned and sensitive and fragile... that'll win in the sport of hockey every time.

It must have been a tough couple of weeks for you. Two Bills wins, the Sabres had won six of seven, the Bills got out of that Toronto contract, etc. I'm glad you found something to express your poutrage at. I was worried.

Edited by Eleven

It must have been a tough couple of weeks for you. Two Bills wins, the Sabres had won six of seven, the Bills got out of that Toronto contract, etc. I'm glad you found something to express your poutrage at. I was worried.

No, you're right. Without his outrage, my tank was empty. Terry is the gift that keeps on giving.

To the point, though, does the idea of the video offend you? (Or the video itself; I haven't seen it, and I don't think many people have.) Was it snow footage that clearly referred to the recent event (i.e., snow piled up eight feet high)? Or just generic Buffalo snow?

No, you're right. Without his outrage, my tank was empty. Terry is the gift that keeps on giving.

To the point, though, does the idea of the video offend you? (Or the video itself; I haven't seen it, and I don't think many people have.) Was it snow footage that clearly referred to the recent event (i.e., snow piled up eight feet high)? Or just generic Buffalo snow?

Clearly pointed to the recent snowstorm.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205503990181481&set=vb.1303201299&type=2&theater Here's the video, the fan at the game caught it on their phone.

This is idiotic. Why shouldn't Florida highlight the difference between their weather and ours? When Hurricane Karma rolls through, Buffalo can reciprocate.

Florida is where snow birds go every year and Sabres dads too. I don't see Terry loading the plane up for the winter trip to Minny.

This is up there with OSP's note to the Sabres' principal about the mean, old bully from the Ottawa neighborhood.

Poor, poor, downtrodden, victimized Buffalo.

Great illustration, the epitome really, of the opposite of what I dreamt Pegula to be in the long runup to that first presser.

....and the crusade continues....

Thank god. These are the true bread and circuses of these pos seasons.

In Pegula's defense, though, he has to say something like that, no matter what he might really think. As I found out, there are fans of his team that are just as touchy about the topic.

Thank god. These are the true bread and circuses of these pos seasons.

In Pegula's defense, though, he has to say something like that, no matter what he might really think. As I found out, there are fans of his team that are just as touchy about the topic.

I'm glad you continue to treat death and significant economic losses as a laughing matter.

This isn't really worth discussing. It'll just be the "people are too sensitive these days" vs those they're calling sensitive.

Not worth discussing, except for you to tell us what to discuss. Got it.

I'm glad you continue to treat death and significant economic losses as a laughing matter.

Oh FFS.

This is idiotic. Why shouldn't Florida highlight the difference between their weather and ours? When Hurricane Karma rolls through, Buffalo can reciprocate.

Florida is where snow birds go every year and Sabres dads too. I don't see Terry loading the plane up for the winter trip to Minny.

Buffalo highlights this difference too. Next time you're at the airport, take a look at all the "BuffaSnow" postcards, t-shirts, mugs, etc. on sale. We're really proud of our winter culture....right up until we're not, I guess.

I saw Matthew Coller, Lindy Ruff's Tie, and some others on Twitter going off about this last night and by the time someone posted the video, I was expecting something really nasty and snarky. It was just a silly video. The funniest part (going by crowd reaction) was when the "residents" of Buffalo turned out to be penguins.

I hate the relatively new movement where people feel empowered when they're demanding apologies from people they've never met. This is a gigantic glob of nothing.

Oh, brother. Do we even know if the net loss of life wasn't actually less because of the significantly less miles driven and therefore less traffic deaths?

Never thought I'd see the day where I could be from Buffalo and not revel in snow. What a world.

Not sure the reason for the outrage. I watched the video and it wasn't making light of any deaths. During the winter months the news feed out here on the best coast often make light of our weather as opposed to Toronto and highlight the fact that we're quite often still golfing while they're digging out. All in good fun . Perhaps TPegs is too sensitive ?

A good way to hit back at the Panthers org. is to highlight on the jumbotron the sabres full capacity crowd as compared to the empty seats in Florida and make light of that next time they play in Buffalo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.