Jets at Sabres 11-26-2014 7pm

bcsaberks

So Rasmus Ristolainen and Nikita Zadorov, what's their ceiling? Last night there were a couple mistakes from them but then there was a metric ton of flash, pop, and skill. Ones 19 and one just turned 20. That game was just impressive from their end. They had 22 and 23 minutes of ice time. Two basically rookies anchored our defense yet again. When do people start to believe these guys are the real deal?

It is far too early but out of the 2013 draft class, Seth Jones is the only other defender logging regular NHL minutes. Also I like how the Sabres had the balls or brains or luck to not send Zadorov back to London and then on to Russia or wherever he would have ended up. He's like a 6'5" nuclear deterrent.

Go easy liger. Just don't mention the word "Norris" in the discussion. Just remember how quickly some regress after their rookie seasons...<cough> <cough> Mysie <cough> <cough>.

Edited by LabattBlue

Go easy liger. Just don't mention the word "Norris" in the discussion. Just remember how quickly some regress after their rookie seasons...<cough> <cough> Mysie <cough> <cough>.

Both Risto and Zadarov have an edge to them. Even during his Calder season Myers was soft. One thing seperates those two from Myers and that is toughness. Myers will never have it. They both play with more attitude and balls than Myers could only dream of.

Both Risto and Zadarov have an edge to them. Even during his Calder season Myers was soft. One thing seperates those two from Myers and that is toughness. Myers will never have it. They both play with more attitude and balls than Myers could only dream of.

I don't care how tough they are, I am just talking about reigning in expectations based on a handful of games as pros, and how as young players they can regress(i.e. Mysie) just as easily as turning into all-stars.

I don't care how tough they are, I am just talking about reigning in expectations based on a handful of games as pros, and how as young players they can regress(i.e. Mysie) just as easily as turning into all-stars.

Agreed. I think Risto is almost a lock for a long solid career. Z on the other worries me a little because of the weight issue but that could be just immaturity.

So Rasmus Ristolainen and Nikita Zadorov, what's their ceiling? Last night there were a couple mistakes from them but then there was a metric ton of flash, pop, and skill. Ones 19 and one just turned 20. That game was just impressive from their end. They had 22 and 23 minutes of ice time. Two basically rookies anchored our defense yet again. When do people start to believe these guys are the real deal?

It is far too early but out of the 2013 draft class, Seth Jones is the only other defender logging regular NHL minutes. Also I like how the Sabres had the balls or brains or luck to not send Zadorov back to London and then on to Russia or wherever he would have ended up. He's like a 6'5" nuclear deterrent.

for me watching Risto and zadorov are worth the admission ....a few nice card tricks from Ennis helped... Special teams are brutal to watch, though.

Can I just enjoy what I see right now? It's the one thing I enjoy, is them on the ice.

As for Myers, he lacks hockey IQ and Risto definitely does not and Zadorov's got swagger.

Was at the game and watched Risto closely all night. IMO, he's the best player on our team. Nobody plays his position better on the squad. That says something really good and something really bad at the same time. Zadorov benefits from playing alongside him for sure.

GO SABRES!!!

Would a 6'3 Myers have won the Calder?

Yes. He lead all rookie defenders in scoring and was something like 4th in rookie scoring. Tyler Myers has a tremendous amount of talent but he doesn't think the game fast enough. So when his talent alone can save him, he is fine, when he needs to calculate the play after the one he is about to make, usually not quick enough.

Was at the game and watched Risto closely all night. IMO, he's the best player on our team. Nobody plays his position better on the squad. That says something really good and something really bad at the same time. Zadorov benefits from playing alongside him for sure.

GO SABRES!!!

Zadorov is the hammer, Ristolainen is the anvil.

Rasmus and Nikita give us hope. Without them, I think we're looking for defense and forwards. With them, I think we can, for now, look primarily for forwards, and pick defensemen in the late first/second and let them develop the traditional way.

winning>hope>>despair

at least on the blue line, we're not in despair mode.

Rasmus and Nikita give us hope. Without them, I think we're looking for defense and forwards. With them, I think we can, for now, look primarily for forwards, and pick defensemen in the late first/second and let them develop the traditional way.

winning>hope>>despair

at least on the blue line, we're not in despair mode.

LT this team isn't in despair mode across the board (Neuvirth/Markov 'should' be reasonable). Which is why I'm opposed to giving up Myers for a puck bag.

First offence, no suspension history, yada yada. The fact that he's a rookie so its hard for him to have a history is lost on the discipline dudes over at the N.H.L. league offices. Its a perfect time to instil a little tough love on the rookie but they missed it.

The fact that everyone NOT from WNY hates Kaleta lowered the suspension and was expected; but it still would have been nice to see a 6 game hit get 2-3.

I don't want Kaleta to die on the ice. What's the backup plan? I'm saying he should go to every school in the area and teach floor hockey, and we'll get our kicks para-sailing on Lake Erie, and snowmobiling across the lake on paddle-tracked snowmobiles. It's getting near the end, and we need to take action, imo. He's definitely our home-town boy, and he is our responsibility as well.

I don't want Kaleta to die on the ice. What's the backup plan? I'm saying he should go to every school in the area and teach floor hockey, and we'll get our kicks para-sailing on Lake Erie, and snowmobiling across the lake on paddle-tracked snowmobiles. It's getting near the end, and we need to take action, imo. He's definitely our home-town boy, and he is our responsibility as well.

I think this is fair. At what point do you have to protect him from the league that doesn't care about him?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.