Do they cancel the Sabres/Sharks tomorrow? Nope.

Ghost of Dwight Drane

As this is the unofficial blizzard thread, I'll add this: http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/stuck-30-hours-on-thruway-he-just-feels-abandoned-20141119

Honestly, it's a nightmare of mine, and I can hardly believe it. I've been on the thruway when it's been close to closing- it's pretty easy to find yourself on your own. You can't imagine the plows won't come out to look for you at least.

Seems a lot of people underestimated the situation as they were coming from areas with less/no snow. Some are irresponsible, others merely unlucky.

I'm a little surprised there weren't more snowmobilers out helping.

This is why I keep emergency rations/handwarmers in my car and a full tank of gas any time it says snow in the forecast....

Damn,

Never seen that much snow in my lifetime, aren't you guys afraid the roof might collapse on the weight of the snow ?

I was talking to my mom last night. She said she heard creaking after a heavy snow 4 or 5 years ago and had a contractor come out and put in extra bracing. No creaking this time, so far.

Amazing. I'm only 50 miles from Buffalo - and we received virtually no snow over the last two days - just the slightest dusting.

From the photos of the wall cloud in Buffalo - it looks like one could walk 1000 ft from bare ground and be in 2 ft of snow on the ground.

When it comes out that the five people who died from this storm were 60-100 pounds overweight and never exercised, and had heart attacks while taking a cigarette break from shoveling thousands of pounds of snow, can I stop being so PC, feigning concern, and go back to thinking this storm is awesome and wishing I was stuck in it?

Edited by SwampD

I want to be in the storm.

From what I'm seeing, no, you don't.

UB has the balls to cancel the football game but not classes. I'm ready to hulk out.

I don't agree with what UB did with classes today. But since no one really cares about UB vs Kent State, that, at least, was smart.

From what I'm seeing, no, you don't.

I don't agree with what UB did with classes today. But since no one really cares about UB vs Kent State, that, at least, was smart.

There was no one in my chemistry lab today. It was a joke.

Absolutely zero respect shown for the large commuter population that pays good money to go to this school. I guess it didn't occur to them that perhaps there are more important things, like helping your family in the biggest snowstorm since the 1980s?

City of Good Neighbors my a**.

There was no one in my chemistry lab today. It was a joke.

Absolutely zero respect shown for the large commuter population that pays good money to go to this school. I guess it didn't occur to them that perhaps there are more important things, like helping your family in the biggest snowstorm since the 1980s?

City of Good Neighbors my a**.

Please don't ever confuse UB with Buffalo. Very different.

If Hamburg is Buffalo then Amherst is Buffalo.

But UB is not. It is its own, umm, thing? I'm an alum. I'd love to say great things. But over and over, just bad decisions.

It is not controlled by Buffalonians and is not responsible to the community.

So UB != Buffalo, ok?

I somehow got in last night around 1am, the last flight to come into or leave buffalo, with quite a rough landing.... I was then forced to spend the night in the airport, after freezing my balls off at 7am I walked across the street and got a room, my car is parked off of William Street and buried and anyone that can potentially give me a ride was stuck..... I also am not making it back home to springville anytime soon., I missed my shifts today and tomorrow already and we'll have to see about Friday, all I know is this sucks.... I wish I woulda pushed my flight back and enjoyed South Florida a little more instead of being stranded in my home city

I somehow got in last night around 1am, the last flight to come into or leave buffalo, with quite a rough landing.... I was then forced to spend the night in the airport, after freezing my balls off at 7am I walked across the street and got a room, my car is parked off of William Street and buried and anyone that can potentially give me a ride was stuck..... I also am not making it back home to springville anytime soon., I missed my shifts today and tomorrow already and we'll have to see about Friday, all I know is this sucks.... I wish I woulda pushed my flight back and enjoyed South Florida a little more instead of being stranded in my home city

Now this, this sux.

Sorry, man. At least you got a room. Enjoy the froot loops and orange juice tomorrow? I guess?

This is from 2010 and not Buffalo.

We all know that. No one from Buffalo is going to drink crappy caffeinated alcopops.

But UB is not. It is its own, umm, thing? I'm an alum. I'd love to say great things. But over and over, just bad decisions.

It is not controlled by Buffalonians and is not responsible to the community.

So UB != Buffalo, ok?

If a learning institution doesn't think it has a responsibility to the community then that learning institution is f*cked.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.