Kaleta

Marvelo

Kaleta is true native blood Buffalo born guy and I always enjoyed watching him represent the team with his guts and edgy play. But his antics grew thin in the league and they started hounding him, he started compromising as a player, then he had a horrific bunch of injuries, capped off by getting hit in the face with a shot. He isn't a young guy anymore and has a lot of miles and enemies. Just retire please before he gets injured badly again.

This guy is what this team needs now. I have seen inspire the whole team a time or too, to play harder and with more hart. He may not show it on the score card but it definitely shows on the ice. So please he is one player that does not need to retire. If I know Ted Nolan, he is itching to see Pat back on the ice. If you want to talk about retiring players I can name a few on this roster that needs to retire.

We need Kaleta back in the worst way. This team is way too easy to play against. Kaleta at the very least makes the opposing team keep their heads on a swivel.

We need him and 2-3 more guys like him, although hopefully with more scoring ability. Brendan Lemieux seems like he'll fit the bill nicely but he won't be ready for the big club for at least 2-3 more years I would think.

Edited by Drunkard

I think Kaleta is a fine piece for this year's team and I wouldn't be pissed if he gets a one-year deal to move around between the press box, 4th line and Rochester next year. Beyond that? No thank you.

I dissagree on this, he is an excellent 4th liner and Penalty killer on a good team.

He has the speed to put up between 10 - 15 points on a good team.

Patty has worked his tail off and done everything asked of him by the league and Sabres, he deserves a chance this year to show his worth to this team. His pure effort and heart alone will lead the way and I think with McCormick n Deslaurier they will form a thumping fourth line wrecking crew.

As much as I dislike Kaleta and the hometown crush that seems to keep him here for most fans I do believe he deserves another chance. At least he lays it all out there and sacrifices his body for this team which is less than can be said for most of the players. If you can find value for him later this year or next in a trade do it. I don't believe he is part of the future moving forward. These players are a dime a dozen.

I don't believe Kaleta will be anything special coming back. He's a local product, and we should support him based upon that. He's living his dream, there is no harm in each of us living it through him by supporting him for this season.

Will he turn us around? No

Is it something that we, as fans, will be interested in, meaning his come back story line?, Yes

Let's just have fun this season with what little we can. It couldn't do any harm, and I don't see Patrick Kaleta as a long term member of this team unless his transformation is complete to the new NHL philosophy on his style of play.

I don't believe Kaleta will be anything special coming back. He's a local product, and we should support him based upon that. He's living his dream, there is no harm in each of us living it through him by supporting him for this season.

Will he turn us around? No

Is it something that we, as fans, will be interested in, meaning his come back story line?, Yes

Let's just have fun this season with what little we can. It couldn't do any harm, and I don't see Patrick Kaleta as a long term member of this team unless his transformation is complete to the new NHL philosophy on his style of play.

I respect and appreciate and even agree with your post. But the Patty Kaleta I saw in the pre season game for the first time coming back from injury tells me clearly, He is who he is. He will be injured or suspended within ten games on his return.

I would love for him to fulfill his role on this team, in this league forever. I think he will show he is just not capable of all of that. I love him but can't see him surviving without rule changes or self changes. And I see neither happening.

We forget that Kaleta is a fast skater, defensively sound, eager to go to the net and get dirty in the corners, an ideal pest, an excellent PK man, and has enough skill to score goals. There are not very many players like this on the roster, when the team actually needs more of this type.

He is a prototypical Ted Nolan player, and a loyal warrior for his team mates and, perhaps most importantly, the fans.

He's also reckless and prone to mental lapses. His body has suffered from his game.

I wish he stays around long enough to pass on his passion to the new guys as they come up. I just don't see that happening right now.

Edited by sizzlemeister

• 2 weeks later...

He's playing tomorrow.

That's cool. Road game, old friends. I suspect he will play a toned down game. Somewhat. But if I'm betting, Saturday night at home against Toronto, injured or suspension coming.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.