GDT: 10/28/14 Sabres vs Leafs 7:30 P.M.

Wyldnwoody44

Heard a rumor today that Toronto is all in for Babcock next year. Whoever was spinning it was saying they clearly see him re joining with Shanahan.

Personally I cant get used to former player Shanahan becoming Shanaban becoming the guy in T.O. but I see the connection. I also think it might get GMTM or EL PEGUAL'S attention as well.

My only question is would Babcock and GMTM personalities mesh? Both seem extremely strong willed and unbending at times.

Then again the chance to come to a team with young talent and a boat load of salary cap space might be attractive to him.

Toronto is right at the salary cap and unless they land half of McEichel I can't see him joining. But then again who knows

Smallest game day thread ever? Why am I watching this? Buying tickets even??? If we don't get one of the McEichel I am going to haunt every tanker here.

last season some didn't make it to page 3 :P

thank god i was at work , so i wouldn't be tempted to stay up untill 04.00 am for this one.

Edited by Heimdall

May be one of the worst Sabres games ever. I worked on paperwork for work while watching it; it was so boring.... There was almost nothing to watch except the goals by the Leafs. And it was amazing we kept them from scoring as long as we did; the puck seemed to spend almost the entire game in the Buffalo zone.

Tank or not, there are some teams I don't want to lose to - Bruins, Leafs, Philly...... Looks like it's gonna be a long season. :(

I miss Lindy Ruff. Yeah. I went there.

Since the their inception, the Sabres have hired two coaches who had previously won a Stanley Cup, Punch Imlach and Scotty Bowman. Would it kill the Sabres to finally hire another cup winning coach? Geez.

Edited by 716

The Sabres are record setting.

Since the their inception, the Sabres have hired two coaches who had previously won a Stanley Cup, Punch Imlach and Scotty Bowman. Would it kill the Sabres to finally hire another cup winning coach? Geez.

You mean like Bryan Trottier?

Josh Gorges, Leader of Men, Playing with Boys.

"Until we have 25 guys that are willing to buy in and compete, we have nothing."

"Our goalie was outstanding for us"

"I don't know who we think we are... we haven't done nothing to be out there playing a cute game."

When asked how much was a fatigue a factor, "Not a factor at all, that's an excuse."

"And until we figure out that we have to work, and scratch, and claw, and grind, and dig in order to give ourselves a chance every night to win, then we are going to have nights like this."

http://media.wgr550....xKpQqSo.twitter

Edited by LGR4GM

I gotta give it to Gorges, no hope in the world and the guy continues to catch rubber to help out his tender.

Have to feel for the guy. His heart and soul was in Montreal. Came here and has been nothing but the ultimate professional. He is giving this team far more than they are giving him. You want to see how bad organizations ruin good players keep watching.

Have to feel for the guy. His heart and soul was in Montreal. Came here and has been nothing but the ultimate professional. He is giving this team far more than they are giving him. You want to see how bad organizations ruin good players keep watching.

He's an all-guts player, no doubt. And he's getting paid $3,900,000.00 per year so let's not act like he's in Buffalo doing charity work.

And given his character, I'm pretty sure he'll play a role in bringing the Sabres up, not the other way around (unless GMTM gets a trade offer he can't refuse).

It's hard for me to believe that anyone playing on this team for all or most of the season won't be ruined by the experience.

So how will we un-tank next season? How did Chicago do it? Were they able to shake good players out of the tank funk and recycle them into Champions?

It's hard for me to believe that anyone playing on this team for all or most of the season won't be ruined by the experience.

So how will we un-tank next season? How did Chicago do it? Were they able to shake good players out of the tank funk and recycle them into Champions?

Chicago realized players aren't pre-programmed robots. They understood good players will be part of the solution while bad ones will be replaced by young guys with more skill.

He's an all-guts player, no doubt. And he's getting paid $3,900,000.00 per year so let's not act like he's in Buffalo doing charity work.

And given his character, I'm pretty sure he'll play a role in bringing the Sabres up, not the other way around (unless GMTM gets a trade offer he can't refuse).

And how much is Meszarous getting paid???? What Gorges is getting paid is not the point.

Josh Gorges, Leader of Men, Playing with Boys.

"Until we have 25 guys that are willing to buy in and compete, we have nothing."

"Our goalie was outstanding for us"

"I don't know who we think we are... we haven't done nothing to be out there playing a cute game."

When asked how much was a fatigue a factor, "Not a factor at all, that's an excuse."

"And until we figure out that we have to work, and scratch, and claw, and grind, and dig in order to give ourselves a chance every night to win, then we are going to have nights like this."

http://media.wgr550....xKpQqSo.twitter

That's a shot across Marcus's and Stafford's bows if I've ever heard one.

I think the whole "ruined by losing" mantra is overblown. Keith and Seabrook played on bad teams for their first couple of years in Chicago. And, it didn't "ruin" them. I'm not sure I get the whole "keep them in Rochester because losing in Buffalo will hurt their development" argument. In life we learn more in defeat than we do in victory. If these guys have such fragile psyches that they'll be ruined forever by a bad season then they shouldn't be professional athletes. And, if these kids in Rochester are better than the veterans ahead of them, they should be up with the big club. If they aren't ready for the NHL, fine... but a guy like Larsson is ready for a shot. So is Pysyk. Perhaps others as well.

Edited by Potato

I think the whole "ruined by losing" mantra is overblown. Keith and Seabrook played on bad teams for their first couple of years in Chicago. And, it didn't "ruin" them. I'm not sure I get the whole "keep them in Rochester because losing in Buffalo will hurt their development" argument. In life we learn more in defeat than we do in victory. If these guys have such fragile psyches that they'll be ruined forever by a bad season then they shouldn't be professional athletes. And, if these kids in Rochester are better than the veterans ahead of them, they should be up with the big club. If they aren't ready for the NHL, fine... but a guy like Larsson is ready for a shot. So is Pysyk. Perhaps others as well.

THIS!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Lord! I am not alone in the universe!!!! I saw the change in Chicago. Two words.Marian Hossa. He brought a professionalism and work ethic that set the standard. Everyone bought in. At the end of the day the players you want are the ones who motivate themselves to be better. Edited by 3putt

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.