Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

He's young enough this off-season to qualify for a 1/3 cost buyout. Been told (haven't confirmed but believe it to be true) that he moves into the standard 2/3 cost buyout next year. So he only counts 1/6th against the cap if he gets bought out this off-season.

This is where I really miss Cap Geek. IIRC he would count a million per year towards the salary cap until 2022 or 23. I am not a 100% percent about that though

He looks like Villie Leino out on the ice, just less injury prone.

That was one big positive to Lameo.  At least when he was hurt, he didn't *hurt* the team, in fact, the team was better off without him on the roster.  

Hodgson however, is dependable and healthy dead weight, like a millstone hung reliably about the Sabres' collective neck.  

Edited by Jsixspd

My take on Hodson is he is un-coachable.

Good stuff.

I am firmly, irretrievably, possibly in some measure irrationally (but not unfairly) set against Hodgson (or, *for* him, for the purposes of this thread).

He obviously has a decent skill set and could probably be a good player in the right situation. I just have no interest in seeing that happen here because I resent the sh!t out of him for being incapable of more.

Good stuff.

I am firmly, irretrievably, possibly in some measure irrationally (but not unfairly) set against Hodgson (or, *for* him, for the purposes of this thread).

He obviously has a decent skill set and could probably be a good player in the right situation. I just have no interest in seeing that happen here because I resent the sh!t out of him for being incapable of more.

At least you know it's not entirely logical :p

The way I try to look at it is comparing to Roy and Connolly. I think a large share of the fan base resented them because they weren't true #1s, or maybe simply because they weren't Briere/Drury. But the team unquestionably got worse without them. We were trapped in hating what they weren't, rather than appreciating what they were.

Jettisoning otherwise useful players because they're not at the level we want them to be is almost always the wrong approach. Find the right missing pieces so those guys can thrive as what they are--that's what we should want to do.

At least you know it's not entirely logical :P

The way I try to look at it is comparing to Roy and Connolly. I think a large share of the fan base resented them because they weren't true #1s, or maybe simply because they weren't Briere/Drury. But the team unquestionably got worse without them. We were trapped in hating what they weren't, rather than appreciating what they were.

Jettisoning otherwise useful players because they're not at the level we want them to be is almost always the wrong approach. Find the right missing pieces so those guys can thrive as what they are--that's what we should want to do.

Agreed. If we keep getting rid of players because they have flaws, then we won't have many players left on the roster. Eventually you have to start building with what you have and compensate for player weakness or the team will be rebuilding forever. It's impossible to have a team full of Crosby clones - and even then that team would be to soft for some of you. :nana:

Current standings through games played into 1/26.Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS - MPPBuffalo 47 30 14 3 63 133Edmonton 47 26 12 9 61 131Carolina 46 25 16 5 55 127Arizona 46 25 16 5 55 127New Jersey 47 22 17 8 52 122Philadelphia 48 22 19 7 51 119Columbus 45 22 20 3 47 121Ottawa 46 19 18 9 47 119Colorado 48 18 20 10 46 114Minnesota 46 20 20 6 46 118MPP = Maximum Possible Points(No clue why that formatted improperly and I'm not taking the time to fix it. Good luck, Taro. New format may have messed this up).That's what we have going into the home stretch. The Sabres control their own destiny.Fun fact: Every single Carrion team plays at least one other Carrion team in their first five games after break. We should have a lot of movement early.1/27's slate includes three potential one-pointers:Buffalo Daggers visit the Candles in CalgaryMini-soda visits the Saudi OilersSeattle Yotes head to the Philly GroundersAnd the rest:Carolina Light Drizzles head to Tampa to face the LightningColamebus Black&Blue Jackets host the CapitalsColorado Snowballs head to SmashvilleDallas Twinkles host the Canadiens

Have a couple of ideas how to (pretty much) fix the formatting but won't be able to implement them until this weekend at the earliest or more likely middle of next week.

So, the stats will be updated in the near term, but they'll be in large part unreadable. :oops:

Darn that SDS and his fancy improvements. :lol:

Have a couple of ideas how to (pretty much) fix the formatting but won't be able to implement them until this weekend at the earliest or more likely middle of next week.

So, the stats will be updated in the near term, but they'll be in large part unreadable. :oops:

Darn that SDS and his fancy improvements. :lol:

Swanky.

Current standings through games played into 1/27.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS - MPP
Buffalo      48    31  14    3      65     133
Edmonton 48    27  12    9      63     131
Arizona     47    25  16    6      56     126
Carolina    47    25  17    5      55     125
New Jersey 47  22  17    8      52     122
Philadelphia49  22   20   7      51     117
Columbus  46   22   21   3      47     119
Ottawa       46  19   18    9      47     119
Colorado    49  18   20  11      47     113
Minnesota  47  20   21    6      46     116

MPP = Maximum Possible Points

Just one game for 1/28:

Old Jersey hosts Carrion Wannabe Toronto.

Edited by Tank

Current standings through games played into 1/27.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS - MPP

Buffalo      48 31 14 3 65 133

Edmonton 48 27 12 9 63 131

Arizona 47 25 16 6 56 126

Carolina 47 25 17 5 55 125

New Jersey 47 22 17 8 52 122

Philadelphia49 22 20 7 51 117

Columbus 46 22 21 3 47 119

Ottawa 46 19 18 9 47 119

Colorado 49 18 20 11 47 113

Minnesota 47 20 21 6 46 116

MPP = Maximum Possible Points

Expect that I'll avoid the GDT like the plague for this next one, because there is no way the Sabres can't take 2 in reguation. I'm good w/ 0 or 1 in Van-city, but they HAVE to create some space. The tank NEEDS to be strong in Edmonton; it was when the Eulers came to Buffalo; it HAS to stand up now. This and the 2 Yotes games ARE the #### ing tank.