Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

And people tell me I'm crotchety.

:lol:

No one is more crotchety than Swamp is when he thinks about the tank.

And yet he finds his way into a thread dedicated solely to the tracking and promotion of said tank.

I believe this to be the Enroth Strain of the Stockholm Syndrome.

I'm not going to make 32 games. I'm just not.

Incredible game from Roy! Even Nail showing some life as the Oilers lose a point late in the 3rd.

I wish the Oilers were a more likable team and Alberta a more likable place. This would be a good season to get attached to a Western Conference squad. I can see it now 20 years down the line: Why are you cheering for the Oilers here in Stanley Cup 2035? "They did me a favor a long time ago". 

The Oilers have hit the goalpost on their last two chances to lose in the shootout... For as much as they are talent they are garbage in this shootout.

The shootout is still the stupidest thing in the world. They need to note limit shooters. Make rules for penalty shots if you really feel like it but not shootouts. It's a skills competition... Let it be that.

Oilers lose! In the 13th round. Rob Klinkhammer. Acquiring him is the worst trade in history! (Just kidding)

Edited by Tank

Carrion Standings through 2/3...

Team -----   GP L  W OT PTS MPP
Buffalo      50 33 14 3 69 133 
Edmonton     51 28 14 9 65 127 
Carolina     49 26 17 6 58 124

Arizona      50 26 18 6 58 122  
New Jersey   50 22 19 9 53 117 

Columbus     48 24 21 3 51 119
Philadelphia 51 22 22 7 51 113 

Ottawa       48 19 20 9 47 115  
Colorado     50 18 21 11 47 111 
Minnesota    49 20 23 6 46 112 

MPP = Maximum Points Possible

Today's slate ranked:

1. Arizona at Columbus, 7 p.m.

2. Ottawa at New Jersey, 7 p.m.

3. Colorado at Dallas, 8:30 p.m.

4. Chicago at Minnesota, 8 p.m.

5. Buffalo at Montreal, 7 p.m. 

6. Toronto at Nashville, 8 p.m.

7. Carolina at Anaheim, 10 p.m. 

Not yet. Have to win the game in hand.

Exactly. The Sabres actually have to win. Buffalo has been playing terrible hockey. And that may be considered an understatement. Not going to beat the Habs in Montreal. 

Edited by thanes16

Exactly. The Sabres actually have to win. Buffalo has been playing terrible hockey. And that may be considered an understatement. Not going to beat the Habs in Montreal. 

Price coming off B2B shutouts and Sabres on a slope of -14x.  My guess is Sabres chase Price in a "where has that been all season" game.

The Sabres have to win (CHL) = Loose in NHL

Buffalo has been playing terrible hockey (CHL) = Good hockey in NHL

May be considered an understatement (in CHL means they should have lost when they won) = In the NHL means they should have won when they lost

Not going to beat Habs in Montreal (Loose in CHL) = win in NHL

The Tank is not for the weak, I'm starting to loose it, or are we are all going mad ???

Imagine where we would be without the December Losing Streak!

We're on our way there.   If anybody thinks this is bad, wait until after the trade deadline passes and they play 9 of 13 on the road in March.   

There are some lose-able games in Feb (PHI twice, NJD, CBJ, OTT).    March is when the magic will happen... two games against ARI late in the month will be epic... assuming we're all still relatively sane at that point.  

Edited by pi2000

You're talking get yourself in circles! It's okay though, I think the CHL language has tripped us all at some point :)

The Sabres have to win (CHL) = Loose in NHL

Buffalo has been playing terrible hockey (CHL) = Good hockey in NHL

May be considered an understatement (in CHL means they should have lost when they won) = In the NHL means they should have won when they lost

Not going to beat Habs in Montreal (Loose in CHL) = win in NHL

The Tank is not for the weak, I'm starting to loose it, or are we are all going mad ???

So complicated. :(  By the time I get used to this talk the Sabres will actually be winning...losing...or whatever games.