Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Well I guess that answers my question:

http://forums.sabres...240#entry643031

:P (Just teasing, Brawndo... the article you found was better, and I'd debated whether to post in the ATL or CHL thread.)

We're good Bio! The post had implications for both ATL and CHL.

This is going to be a stressful few months. As I've said many times, I think we'll be fine with or without McDavid or Eichel, but obviously I want to finish 30th to ensure at least one of them. The possibility of getting a player of their caliber is too attractive for me and we're in a perfect position to do just that. We just need to outlast the Coyotes and Oilers. I think, unless the Canes start selling the Staals, it will be a 3-horse race. Buckle up, these next few months could very well have an enormous effect on the next decade of our franchise.

I think the Canes will stand pat on the Staals, the Yotes are now the biggest threat.

some motivational quotes on our quest for The Shart...

"Our greatest strength lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is never to try just one more time." - Thomas Edison

"The will to lose, the desire to fail, the indifference to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal success." - Confucius

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play worse than anyone else." - Albert Einstein

"If you can dream it, you can't do it." - Walt Disney

"In order to fail, we must first believe that we can't." - Nikos Kazantzakis

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to succeed." - Benjamin Franklin

"You don't have to be terrible to start, but you have to start to be terrible." - Zig Zagler

and finally....

"If you can fly, then run

If you can run, then walk

If you can walk, then crawl

but whatever you do

you have to stop moving forward."

MLK

Current standings through games played 1/15.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS - MPP

Edmonton 45 26 10 9 61 135

Buffalo 45 28 14 3 59 133

Carolina 43 24 14 5 53 131

New Jersey 45 21 16 8 50 124

Arizona 43 23 16 4 50 128

Philadelphia 45 21 17 7 49 123

Colorado 45 17 19 9 43 117

Minnesota 43 19 19 5 43 121

Columbus 41 20 18 3 43 125

Ottawa 43 17 18 8 42 120

Sabres doing all they can to catch the juggernauts since the 1st of the year. Pulling off feats of futility such as giving Dubnyk a SO could demoralize the competition. (Let's hope.)

The 3 teams that were idle last night are the only 3 in action tonight.

Ottawa 43 17 18 8 42 120

Sabres doing all they can to catch the juggernauts since the 1st of the year. Pulling off feats of futility such as giving Dubnyk a SO could demoralize the competition. (Let's hope.)

We're starting to approach the point last year where we reached goaltender hell (oops, by CHL standards I guess it was goaltender heaven). Another case of that sure would help in the CHL stretch run.

Ottawa 43 17 18 8 42 120

Thanks for putting this together and keeping it up to date.

Even with a 9 game winning streak we're still 2 pts behind Edmonton. Have to wonder just how bad they are and can you imagine being a fan.

There was a story from the First Persian Gulf War, US Air Force Planners where determining theit next bombing targets. A General wanted to hit a target for the third time, his staff said " Sir, the target has been reduced to rubble." His response " Bounce the rubble".

This got me thinking, even though the Sabres are in the driver's seat to obtain the CHL Championship, should the Sabres "bounce the rubble". Meaning should they consider sending any player with AHL Eligibility(can be sent down without waivers) to Rochester. Namely Zemgus and Risto. Send Zadorov down once London is out of the OHL Playoffs. Make the trades of the UFAs and bring up replacements from the ECHL or bring in AHL Journeyman. (Keep pace with The Yotes.)

This won't happen and probably does not need to happen, but I am a firm believer in doing what is necessary to almost guarantee a result.

Even with a 9 game winning streak we're still 2 pts behind Edmonton. Have to wonder just how bad they are and can you imagine being a fan.

Western Conference. That has to be a 10 point edge for the Eulers and Yotes. I don't know if we can make that up. The stretch in March will be key. 6 home games with 3 EC teams.

BRAWNDO, i think sending the highest vote getter for the all star game down might be too much even for the NHL, although i am all for it.

Besides, just keep sending Meszaros out there and give him #1 minutes...tank assured

Especially if they pair him back up w/ Benoit.

You're welcome.

Hopefully Tank can keep this up to date over the weekend as I expect I'll have limited internet access for the next couple of days.

It's amazing to me that we've won 9 straight games and are still 2 points behind the Oilers, who actually looked decent last night!

The Oilers are playing better, they'll get some wins eventually, but might not be for a while as they're currently on a tough stretch. March is when the magic will happen. Buffalo has only 4 home games and Edmonton has a 6 game homestand against some CHL contenders. Post trade deadline (March 2nd), BUF will be gutted of veterans, playing on the road virtually the entire month. And I just don't see the Oilers unloading any of their young talent, so they're not going to get any worse this season.

BRAWNDO, i think sending the highest vote getter for the all star game down might be too much even for the NHL, although i am all for it.

Besides, just keep sending Meszaros out there and give him #1 minutes...tank assured

I know, it's just the fact that if the Yotes can bypass two AHL Goalies who have been playing well and call up a fifth stringer, the Sabres should respond in kind