Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

As usual, GCoE with the explanation.

Freaking know-it-all.

(Kidding. Thanks.)

I only know that because I often find myself looking at +/- and asking myself the same exact question before wasting precious minutes worrying about it and then ultimately slapping myself in the forehead and saying, "oh, right."

Current standings through games played 1/9.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS - MPP

Edmonton 42 23 10 9 55 135

Buffalo 43 26 14 3 55 133

Carolina 41 24 13 4 52 134

New Jersey 44 21 15 8 50 126

Arizona 40 20 16 4 44 128

Philadelphia 41 18 16 7 43 125

Colorado 41 16 17 8 40 122

Ottawa 40 16 16 8 40 124

Columbus 39 18 18 3 39 125

Dallas 39 15 18 7 37 121

MPP = Maximum Possible Points

Sabres back in a tie w/ the Eulers. Eulers have game in hand. Candy Canes w/ 2 games in hand.

Everybody but Buffalo, Eulers, and Joisey in action tomorrow. 2 potential 1 pointers: No Stars in Cowawado and Otters in Zona.

Edited by Taro T

EDM played a solid game. CHI coming off a difficult back to back, but the Oil played a desperate game and it paid off. They could be getting on a roll here... they're overdue.

Next 3 for EDM:

FLA,@STL,@TBL

BUF:

DET,MIN,PHI

Some tough games for EDM.

So far this week: Sabres 0-3, 0 points, lose to Carolina and NJ, Edmonton beats the Black Hawks. If it's race to the bottom that's a great week. At this point, those 4 teams are the legit contenders for #30.

27 shots in 1 period? And Neuvrith stopped them all? And they still lost? Amazing...

Nice of Derek Roy to have a good game for the Sabres - he had a goal and 2 assists vs. Black Hawks for Oilers last night. Maybe he's the spark they needed.

I'm still not feeling great, though. It's likely my pessimism. Our schedule is pretty soft at the end of the season which scared me. We don't have as much talent to sell off as some of these other teams.

It's going to be a brawl to the finish.

I'm still not feeling great, though. It's likely my pessimism. Our schedule is pretty soft at the end of the season which scared me. We don't have as much talent to sell off as some of these other teams.

No doubt it will be. Nobody said winning the Shart is easy, we're going to need to be at the top of our CHL game and have some bounces to go our way to win it. I believe and trust in GMTM, even if it takes some of the most brazen tank roster manipulation we have yet seen.

Which is why picking up points now is key. If they don't let their foot on the gas now, they'll hopefully be able to weather the storm when others go into full fledged downhill coast mode.

And amazingly, the "they've turned a corner and are really building something" crowd seems to have gone into witness protection. Funny that.

At your service ...

Kindly take note of a post of mine a page, or so, ago in this thread.

And I still hate the fact that the Sabres stink.

And amazingly, the "they've turned a corner and are really building something" crowd seems to have gone into witness protection. Funny that.

Speaking only for myself, I've been pretty busy the last couple weeks, and I'd also just say that while those 13 games where we won a lot were definitely not sustainable, I also think these seven straight losses where enroth has now been under .900 pretty consistently seem to be a swing in the other direction; I think we're a bit better than we have been the last few. Especially when it's no longer flu season. And I still think this can be part of a corner turning, mainly with Girgs and Risto and Zad, I think we'll be really pleased come April when we look at where they were at the beginning of the season. :) Edited by Randall Flagg

Now we've closed to within 2 points of Edmonton, and 1 point of Carolina. And Edmonton has played 1 fewer games this season, and Carolina 2 games fewer. Another loss, and one win each by Carolina and Edmonton, we'll be back in the cellar where we belong.

Sorry NS and FormerlyNumark, I should have had an emoticon in my post. Just having a little fun with the back and forth, not meant as a serious call out :)

:cry: True doesn't remember who I actually am :P (Arcsabresfan, that college kid who rarely knows what he's talking about)

I get ya, but more than once this week I got around to thinking that it probably looks bad that we haven't posted much with regards to how they're playing :P So this was a nice way to put out what I was thinking. I finish up work soon to head back to school, so I get to see the rest of the ###### show, won't miss anymore games, woohoo!

I also plan to stop any anti-tank stuff at this point other than to poke fun maybe, cause we're close enough to the end now that I can manage, especially cause I seem to remember real hockey games being present on NBC and the like a lot more often once the new year turns.

:cry: True doesn't remember who I actually am :P (Arcsabresfan, that college kid who rarely knows what he's talking about)

I get ya, but more than once this week I got around to thinking that it probably looks bad that we haven't posted much with regards to how they're playing :P So this was a nice way to put out what I was thinking. I finish up work soon to head back to school, so I get to see the rest of the ###### show, won't miss anymore games, woohoo!

I also plan to stop any anti-tank stuff at this point other than to poke fun maybe, cause we're close enough to the end now that I can manage, especially cause I seem to remember real hockey games being present on NBC and the like a lot more often once the new year turns.

Wow. I'm sorry, I could've sworn you were Numark.

Unrelated, but there's this:Check out @D_Jedamski's Tweet: