Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Pretty good night in the CHL. The overtones/shootouts didn't go as preferred but still good none the less.

Columbus beats the Caps in OT for one point while the Caps get none (on the fringe of the CHL at some points).

Colorado wins in OT over the Pens for one point.

The Hurricants get blown out by the Maple Laughs for zero points.

Indeed - an excellent night for the Sabres in the CHL!

Stupid Oilers. Having said that, a very good night overall except for their win. We just need to take care of business tomorrow against Colorado.

They close out the month vs. COL, then @BOS, @DET, vs NYI, @ OTT, vs. TBL. Hoping for at least 8 out 12 possible points seems reasonable.

EDM has DAL and ARI at home, then @CGY, LA, CGY. Possible they only pickup 4 points during that stretch. Could see BUF get within 6 points by the end of the year.

Edited by pi2000

They close out the month vs. COL, then @BOS, @DET, vs NYI, @ OTT, vs. TBL. Hoping for at least 8 out 12 possible points seems reasonable.

EDM has DAL and ARI at home, then @CGY, LA, CGY. Possible they only pickup 4 points during that stretch. Could see BUF get within 6 points by the end of the year.

Good point. However, predicting wins and losses based on strength of schedule is often folly. Happens all the time in football and the results are rarely as predicted.

Heck, the sabres started their winning streak beating Montreal and Tampa Bay who are two top teams in the East.

Another good night in the CHL.

New Jersey loses in the shootout to Tampa for no points.

Ottawa gets blown out 6-2 by Anaheim for no points.

Winnipeg likely takes themselves out of the CHL (for now) with a 2-1 loss to Boston.

Dallas loses to Calgary 2-1. Calgary looking ready for re-entry very soon

Edited by Tank

Current standings through games played 12/19.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Edmonton 33 20 7 6 46

Carolina 31 19 9 3 41

New Jersey 34 16 12 6 38

Arizona 31 16 11 4 36

Buffalo 32 17 13 2 36

Colorado 31 13 10 8 34

Philadelphia 31 14 11 6 34

Columbus 31 15 13 3 33

Dallas 31 13 13 5 31

Ottawa 32 12 14 6 30

Big night tonight with a huge matchup between Buffalo and Colorado.

Arizona heads to LA.

Philly heads to Toronto.

Ottawa is in Montreal.

Washington continues their campaign for entry as CHL member New Jersey hosts.

Carolina hosts the Rags.

Columbus faces off against the hot Blackhawks.

The only teams not in action is superstar city Edmonton and the Dallas Twinkles.

Current standings through games played 12/18.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Edmonton 33 20 7 6 46

Carolina 32 19 9 4 42

New Jersey 35 17 12 6 40

Arizona 32 17 11 4 38

Buffalo 33 18 13 2 38

Colorado 32 13 11 8 34

Philadelphia 32 14 12 6 34

Columbus 32 15 14 3 33

Dallas 31 13 13 5 31

Ottawa 33 13 14 6 32

6 teams in action on Sunday. 1 potential 1 pointer - No Stars @ Eulers. Illness depleted Sabres in Beanown. Avs continue roadtrip in the Bankrupt City. Candy Canes @ the Rags. And Phlyers visit Losipeg.

What's the point of posting this, if you wanted to tactfully let Taro know about it you could have pm'd him. Instead you chose this public outing I told you so method.

No. It was a minor note. No big deal. Taro and I get along. I've posted the standings with a few errors before and he corrected them publicly without issue. I have absolutely no reason to "out" him in any way.

It's okay. I'm allowed to operate among the general population like a civilian sometimes, too. Mommy says so.

Edited by Tank

Dallas should be at the bottom of the league (31 points vs 32 for Ottawa)

They should. But they have 2 games in hand and very likely will pick up at least a point and can't say I felt like retyping their stats only to redo it as soon as the No Stars play another game. ;)

It was a conscious decision to not alter that order. And it isn't a problem that you pointed it out. But Inky, thanks for the backup. :beer:

They should. But they have 2 games in hand and very likely will pick up at least a point and can't say I felt like retyping their stats only to redo it as soon as the No Stars play another game. ;)

It was a conscious decision to not alter that order. And it isn't a problem that you pointed it out. But Inky, thanks for the backup. :beer:

Change it, change it now!!!