Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

I'll consider it. Let me send this over to my staff. It'll have to go to legal and corporate as well. I keep all "Terry Pegula"s, right?

Not being snarky. I know my reputation precedes me. But has the bolded been your position all along? If so, good for you. Not many have espoused this. Maybe it has been sitting there all along and no one wanted to read the tea leaves right. Rob has been one of the few to interpret Gorges-Gionta-Moulson as actually trying to win vs. trying to keep up appearances. I've wondered why Ted Nolan if you're trying to tank.

The one head-scratcher remains the Otters game in Buffalo. It came off as, "Yeah, you're suffering, fans. But here is why." Is there any other plausible reason that game was held in Buffalo?

Has it been my position that the Sabres aren't interested in tanking? Not before I read Harrington's tweet, which I think is interesting and may well be insightful. (I figured Gionta was here to help the young 'uns mature and that Gorges and Moulson are here for 2016-17.) Have I ever been in favor of tanking? Also no--I think my posts will back that up, even though I realize that Eichel and McDavid are special players.

Edited by Eleven

This thread should be put in a capsule and shot into space and allowed to orbit for all time with the rest of the garbage up there.
As long as it includes every post you have ever made, and every post you will make, involving the names "Terry, Pegula, and Battista" then I'm all in favor.

kelso-burn.jpg

The one head-scratcher remains the Otters game in Buffalo. It came off as, "Yeah, you're suffering, fans. But here is why." Is there any other plausible reason that game was held in Buffalo?

It was just strange, wasn't it? My guess: The business side of the house set up that visit at a time when the team was at an historic low in the standings and otherwise. The business side's vision may not be entirely consistent with the hockey side's, and, even if the two sides were totally in concert, the team may simply be out-performing expectations.

Shaping to be a pretty decent night for the Sabres in the CHL

Certainly.

Blue Jackets lose in a SO against Detroit. Caps and Panthers currently in the 10th round of the shootout. Round 11. Both teams have scored on their last two tries in the shootout.

There's the icing on the cake. Looking like a big win tonight for the Sabres.

Huge one in Arizona with Edmonton and the Yotes tied midway through the second. One-point game there would be major.

Caps Cats to the 14th round.

Edited by Tank

17th round.

Brooks Orpik scores. Panthers come right back... Onto the 18th. Both Orpik and Dylan Olsen had never had a shootout attempt. Both scored.

Like Brian McKnight -- back at one. All guys have been used. 19th round.

Edited by Tank

Certainly.

Blue Jackets lose in a SO against Detroit. Caps and Panthers currently in the 10th round of the shootout. Round 11. Both teams have scored on their last two tries in the shootout.

There's the icing on the cake. Looking like a big win tonight for the Sabres.

Huge one in Arizona with Edmonton and the Yotes tied midway through the second. One-point game there would be major.

Caps Cats to the 14th round.

Now that the Sabres won, are you going to stop being so cranky? You've been kind of a whiny b###h every since the Sabres started losing.

EDIT: for the appropriate thread.

Edited by SwampD

No one should be cranky until mid-March. This thing can go either way, still. I firmly believe Pegula wants a McEichel, which explains the Otters game played here. I don't think Murray cares either way, all he wants is to ice a team that will contend, so it's a matter of how to get there.

Current standings through games played 12/16.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Edmonton 32 19 7 6 44

Carolina 30 19 8 3 41

Arizona 31 16 11 4 36

Buffalo 32 17 13 2 36

New Jersey 32 15 11 6 36

Colorado 30 13 10 7 33

Philadelphia 30 14 11 5 33

Columbus 30 15 13 2 32

Dallas 29 13 11 5 31

Ottawa 30 12 12 6 30

For today's action we have a potential one point game as Ottawa heads to New Jersey.

Only other team in action is Dallas who heads to Vancouver.

A New Jersey loss (especially in OT) would be good for Buffalo.

17th round.

Brooks Orpik scores. Panthers come right back... Onto the 18th. Both Orpik and Dylan Olsen had never had a shootout attempt. Both scored.

Like Brian McKnight -- back at one. All guys have been used. 19th round.

They should really make the backup GTs take a run at it. If you've gone 18 rounds, why not?

I really hate the shoot out. If they really want to give the fans closure, they should have the trainers battle it out in those inflatable sumo suits. The winner gets atta boy points redeemable with the office of player safety to buy down suspension time or something. There should be no effect on the standings for the skills competition. I know this ship has sailed, but i really hate shootouts.

Current standings through games played 12/17.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Edmonton 32 19 7 6 44

Carolina 30 19 8 3 41

New Jersey 33 16 11 6 38

Arizona 31 16 11 4 36

Buffalo 32 17 13 2 36

Colorado 30 13 10 7 33

Philadelphia 30 14 11 5 33

Columbus 30 15 13 2 32

Dallas 30 13 12 5 31

Ottawa 31 12 13 6 30

5 teams in action tonight, no potential 1 pointers. The 2 teams at the top are both playing tonight; if both play nice and take goose eggs, things could start to tighten back up.

Pretty good night in the CHL. The overtones/shootouts didn't go as preferred but still good none the less.

Columbus beats the Caps in OT for one point while the Caps get none (on the fringe of the CHL at some points).

Colorado wins in OT over the Pens for one point.

The Hurricants get blown out by the Maple Laughs for zero points.