GDT: Buffalo at Chicago, 8:30pm

WildCard

and that lack of response is why Shaw felt comfortable standing in the crease the whole game. and why Chicago forwards had no fear of skating the puck through the slot the whole game.

we're still soft in the back end

Actually, Chicago is just better than us. by a lot

qwksndmonster fun fact: I could rap Jump Around in its entirety when I was 3 years old.

Hopefully Connor McDavid and the other guy everyone is on the nuts of both turn out to have awful careers.

Teams shouldn't be rewarded for being disasters. Ever.

You cannot foster a winning culture by encouraging and celebrating a losing one.

Of course, I shouldn't expect anything else from Buffalo sports fans.

Edited by TheMatrix31

I'm curious about the people who think Jonas had a good game. He did not. He was lucky early and I think it was obvious with multiple posts and, the final score. I guess if you're a tanker, Jonas had a good game. The rest of us want to tell you he looked shaky and nervous and should have been pulled.

Different strokes for different folks here

Hopefully Connor McDavid and the other guy everyone is on the nuts of both turn out to have awful careers.

Teams shouldn't be rewarded for being disasters. Ever.

You cannot foster a winning culture by encouraging and celebrating a losing one.

Of course, I shouldn't expect anything else from Buffalo sports fans.

Jeez, can we get off the subject of nuts. It's Sunday.

What happened: Myers gets a sack tap. Myers punches the ###### out of Shaw. Shaw is down for a bit because he got the ###### punched out of him. Myers goes to the box.

What game over wanted: Shaw sack taps Myers. Myers slits Shaw's throat, uses his blood as lube to destroy his ass and then makes a blood angel on the ice. Then McCormick visits Shaw in the hospital and cuts off his oxygen.

I like Angry Tank.

What game over wanted: Shaw sack taps Myers. Myers slits Shaw's throat, uses his blood as lube to destroy his ass and then makes a blood angel on the ice. Then McCormick visits Shaw in the hospital and cuts off his oxygen.

That is some seriously disturbing/disturbed imagery.

Nolan has a roster of more proven NHL talent. Rolston had a roster of rookies. The results are the same. ergo Nolan = Rolston

Apparently Nolan is a motivator and not a teacher. This team needs instruction on how to play in their own end and how to get out also. Get used to the 40+ shots against.

Even if this team lands McDavid, there's no way he lifts them from the basement, on his own.

We have no goaltending anymore, our defense is suspect, and the less said of our so-called PP, the better. In other words, business as usual ;)

What I'm really curious about, is how TM is going to approach improving the team, I doubt he's content with "improving through the draft", as a certain idiot GM so eloquently put it.

I'm curious about the people who think Jonas had a good game. He did not. He was lucky early and I think it was obvious with multiple posts and, the final score. I guess if you're a tanker, Jonas had a good game. The rest of us want to tell you he looked shaky and nervous and should have been pulled.

Different strokes for different folks here

I'm curious what you think a good game would look like when the team's Corsi number is *-46* for the game. Like maybe he could have made a couple more insane, point-blank saves against wide-open Blackhawks and we could have lost just 4-0?

Enroth kept it close for 2 periods. No goalie on earth would have saved us in the 3rd period.

I'm curious what you think a good game would look like when the team's Corsi number is *-46* for the game. Like maybe he could have made a couple more insane, point-blank saves against wide-open Blackhawks and we could have lost just 4-0?

Enroth kept it close for 2 periods. No goalie on earth would have saved us in the 3rd period.

Usually you hope a goaltender gives you a chance to win. It is hard to expect more.

In Enroths case vs. Chicago he gave Buffalo a legit chance to earn a point. It was tied 45 minutes in. And the Sabres give up 19 third-period shots.

Holy crap.19.

Edited by X. Benedict

Oh, dear, do we have a vendetta/agenda/narrative brewing on a Sunday morning? Cue the percolating coffee music.

Just having some fun.

After all, there's science to puck possession - but it ain't like it's rocket science.

That his "system" worked a lot better when he had Hasek.

D'oh!

And I see robviously has nightly #fancystat numbers. Where from?

P.s. would be interesting to see the Nolan era Sabres #fancystats

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.