Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

I don't understand why we would include Ennis. He is a good player, brings it every shift and locked up at a good price. I think people want O'Reilly because he will bring us that with more defense and potentially a much shorter term.

If we land McEichel Grigorenko is suddenly expendable. Grigorenko and a 1st for O'Reilly and a future pick if he doesn't resign is fair.

I definitely think that Grigorenko is more on the table than we think. With McEichel, Reinhart and Girgensens holding down the middle for the next few years, There doesn't seem to be a good landing spot for Grigorenko, especially since he is out of options. However, I also want to be sure we have our centers before trading them away, you can never have too many.

That's not even close. Seriously people. Come on. You're not getting a guy who is just entering his prime and is one of the best defensive forwards in the league while contributing well on offense for a "meh" prospect who may never make the league on a consistent basis and a late first rounder...

You don't know that.  None of us do.  I see the offers upthread trying to give away half the team for a good-but-not-great player who won't re-sign where he is at as just as off base.

If the Winnipeg post-trade press conference is an indication, Murray isn't interested in moving Girgs, Foligno, Risto, Zadorov or other young guys who can play a "heavy" game.  Assuming Eichel, Reinhart, and Girgs stay at center, we already have a future top-3 centers.  Picking up O'Reilly would give us 4, so someone presumably would move to wing (Girgs or maybe Reinhart).

I definitely think that Grigorenko is more on the table than we think. With McEichel, Reinhart and Girgensens holding down the middle for the next few years, There doesn't seem to be a good landing spot for Grigorenko, especially since he is out of options. However, I also want to be sure we have our centers before trading them away, you can never have too many.

Roy was Grigorenko's coach in Juniors, so it seems to make sense to move him assuming the Avs have an interest.

That's not even close. Seriously people. Come on. You're not getting a guy who is just entering his prime and is one of the best defensive forwards in the league while contributing well on offense for a "meh" prospect who may never make the league on a consistent basis and a late first rounder...

A prospect that still projects to be a second line winger and is reunited with his former coach plus a first round pick for a good player that in all likelihood may end up being a one year rental.

That seems fair. I think people here have soured on Grigorenko because he hasn't lived up to the hype. He is only 20.

You can add conditions to the trade as well depending on if he signs.

Patrick Sharp is rumored to be available in the offseason. Would anyone want him? What about a young RFA from LA or Tampa Bay? There will be options at the draft to fill out the team. Kris Versteeg, Patrick Berglund, TJ Oshie were all rumored this past year. These teams have cap issues and solid players to ship out. We can focus on any one or two of these players for some of the packages proposed for O'Reilly. He is good not great and he comes with risk.

A prospect that still projects to be a second line winger and is reunited with his former coach plus a first round pick for a good player that in all likelihood may end up being a one year rental.

That seems fair. I think people here have soured on Grigorenko because he hasn't lived up to the hype. He is only 20.

You can add conditions to the trade as well depending on if he signs.

I'm not knocking Grigorenko, but he doesn't "project" to anything right now. Hes a questionable prospect for sure.

Well, in theory you are right but in reality I think ROR probably isn't inclined to zero in on one team in the same way that Staal was -- and that Colorado knows this.

I agree that GMTM is probably working the situation behind the scenes already.

Let's just indulge ourselves for a moment:

Kane-Reinhart-Ennis

Moulson-Eichel-ROR

Foligno-Zemgus-Gionta

Deslauriers-Larsson-Flynn/Kaleta

Bogo-Gorges

Risto-good new vet defenseman

Nikita-Weber

Hodgson, Griggy, Pysyk and a #1 traded for ROR and a #2, with the Sabres keeping half of Hodgson's salary.

Holy mackerel would I be psyched for opening night

O'Reilly plays left wing not right wing and I'd rather buy out Hodgson than pay half his salary and take half his cap hit for the next 4 or 5 years. Teams usually only retain salaries on expiring contracts for that reason.

Plus you can only retain salaries on 2 players at any given time so retaining half of Hodgson's contract would impede our ability to make deadline trades with cap challenged teams for the rest of the decade. No thanks on that.

According to John Vogl we don't have anybody at the Boston-St. Louis game but have two at Vancouver-New Jersey. Vancouver could be one to watch on Stewart.

The return of Zach? Just kidding! 

Other than the Sabres 1st pick, is there enough quality assets, combined with Stewart, to get the Canucks to even consider moving Horvat? 

For his sake I hope it goes better than Subban's :lol:

Was it Miller that cried after his first start? 

If you were TM, who would you target realistically? I've gotten the feeling that Murray would prefer NHL ready prospects over more picks. 

With Stewart he isn't going to get any high-level prospects. Ryan Spooner and a pick sounds like where Boston is at. For Vancouver it'd be something like Brendan Gaunce or Cole Cassels and a second.

Maybe we could try to dip into their goalie depth: Eddie Lack, Jacob Markstrom or Thatcher Demko.

Does Stewart and the Sabres 1st 2nd round pick for the Canucks 1st round pick get it done? 

No way. I don't think they'll move their first. If they fall out of the playoffs they're looking at a mid-teens lottery pick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.