Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

If Murray makes this trade, I'll lose a little faith in him as a GM.  Take out Armia & Lemieux, with them in it I'm not sure we are any better after this trade long term.  I have a hard time understanding Myers in a trade for Kane but Myers, Stafford and a 2nd or even a first would be palatable.  I still think its an overpayment though.  I'd prefer taking out Myers and inserting Stewart or even Ennis.

Although GMTM has mentioned that he has identified the few prospects in the system he thinks will make it nd be players in the NHL, so the ones he doesn't think will make it may be some surprise names included in trades to get NHL roster players. The prospects that GMTM likes can be very different than the ones that we think are our top prospects.

This is fun.

We NEED some Sabres fun.

It is. Even if we give up Myers, there's kinda a general acceptance around the place that nobody would really be bothered if he went.

And the prospect of having Kane firing on a line with McEichel next year is just mouthwateringly frightening.

SabresBuzz ‏@SabresBuzz 18m18 minutes ago

I would love to see Murray get Trouba and Kane for Myers,Stewart and STL 1st rounder. Trouba-McCabe Team USA reunion

...Trouba and Kane sounds more realistic than Bogosian and Kane.

There is not a chance in hell the Jets trade Trouba, as he's insanely better than Bogosian at the minute. Peggers don't rate Bogosian very high, and he certainly isn't better than Trouba.

Deals that large almost never happen.

That said, Bogosian fills Myers spot in the lineup.

After that, it's essentially Kane and a mid-first for four late firsts/early seconds

Correct.

The 1st and 2nd are a wash, basically.

So, Myers for Bogosian.   Stafford, Lemieux and Armia for Kane.

I'd do it immediately, before the Peg guy changes his mind.

There is not a chance in hell the Jets trade Trouba, as he's insanely better than Bogosian at the minute. Peggers don't rate Bogosian very high, and he certainly isn't better than Trouba.

Bogosian is more of what we already have.  A big hammer on the back-end.  We need more offense back there IMHO (unless Murray thinks McCabe and/or Pysyk will provide that).

BTW - I'll be watching the Jets play here in Nashville tomorrow night.  Would be cool to see a current Sabres in a Jets uniform tomorrow!

SabresBuzz @SabresBuzz 18m18 minutes ago

I would love to see Murray get Trouba and Kane for Myers,Stewart and STL 1st rounder. Trouba-McCabe Team USA reunion

...Trouba and Kane sounds more realistic than Bogosian and Kane.

I would do that trade. Gives us two top of the draft prospects that have demonstrated NHL level skill. Losing Myers hurts, and Stewart gives them a player to fill Kane's role pre-IR. Seems fair.

I'm not high on Bogosian either FWIW. Rather have Myers.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 49s49 seconds ago

Huge deal. Hearing Myers Stafford Armia and Lemieux plus a first for Kane and Bogosian as principles of deal getting close btwn Buf + Wpg.

Wow.

Holy moly. If those are the key pieces, I think we may be giving up too much (I'm not the biggest Bogosian fan)...but hot damn I'll take some excitement in this season!

Edit: Even if it's "too much" I think we should all keep in mind most of us wanted an aggressive GM :)

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 49s49 seconds ago

Huge deal. Hearing Myers Stafford Armia and Lemieux plus a first for Kane and Bogosian as principles of deal getting close btwn Buf + Wpg.

Wow.

Ugh.. that seems too much.  I'm also not particularly high on Bogosian.

Cap hits: http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/WPG?year=2015

Kane 5.25M for three more years (2018)

Bogosian 5.143M for four more years (2019)

GMTM apparently shares my opinion of Myers.   :nana:

Kane has never played with a top center.  This year he was on the third line this year and the last couple of years he had Olli Jokinen.  Put him with McEichel and he'll score 30+.  Kid has hands.  ...Hopefully he'll leave all of his track suits in Winnipeg.

I mean, it could end up being an overpayment on Buffalo's part. I don't know much about Lemieux, but Armia is supposedly very good, and Stafford is good (and if they can get him to re-sign then even better), and Myers is better than Bogosian, WITH the first-round pick?

BUF are basically hoping that Kane starts firing on all cylinders, and Bogo somehow turns it around.

I mean, it could end up being an overpayment on Buffalo's part. I don't know much about Lemieux, but Armia is supposedly very good, and Stafford is good (and if they can get him to re-sign then even better), and Myers is better than Bogosian, WITH the first-round pick?

BUF are basically hoping that Kane starts firing on all cylinders, and Bogo somehow turns it around.

Stafford is good for what?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.