Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

I guess I should have included Myers in my list of young NHLers.

If Murray trades Myers-plus for Kane I will definitely have a hard time choking that down.

But I agree with D4rk on the substance of the quote.

Edited by dudacek

Zadorov is fine.  I can't remember the last time I watched a 19yr old kid play the minutes he does and make the mistakes he does and just continually improve and bounce back. He learns from every mistake and he never hangs his head.  Zadorov is going to be what we all want Myers to be... Physical, Point Producing, Beast Defender, just have patients for another couple years while he grows into that.  His offensive game is already much accelerated his assist on the Zemgus goal last week was impressive to say the least, he held that puck until the hole opened and he put it right on Zemgus' stick.  Have faith that Zadorov can handle it and have faith that Risto too will get better. 

You're right, Dudacek, it's starting.

And d4rk, you crazy.  Nikita is 3rd pairing on most NHL teams right now.  

I'm sure the Seahawks are just devastated they have locker room obliterator Lynch :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I care that his teammates hate him, but the negative reference to Lynch is absurd.

Don't need another Buffalo hater... no way this guy thinks Buffalo is worthy of his arrogant talent. Find someone else.

Wow, it's like Zadarov is a big ball of suck. I'm not seeing it, and I'm one of the few here who watch every game.

I find it funny that stats are being tossed aside in this instance to justify an opinion. Since when was that valid?

Wow, it's like Zadarov is a big ball of suck. I'm not seeing it, and I'm one of the few here who watch every game.

I find it funny that stats are being tossed aside in this instance to justify an opinion. Since when was that valid?

He makes mistakes but apparently because he's not on a team that can cover for him he's not worthy. He'd look like Bobby Orr if he was on the Bruins. Shoot he's got almost the same numbers as Chara.

He makes mistakes but apparently because he's not on a team that can cover for him he's not worthy. He'd look like Bobby Orr if he was on the Bruins. Shoot he's got almost the same numbers as Chara.

You might need some detachment here.  He's *going to be* good, maybe great.  He's not good right now.  He's a kid.  Let it go.

More from McKenzie, per LeBrun the NYR are looking for goaltending help, backup for Talbot

Which means bargain bin shopping. Maybe Neuvirth but definitely not going to pay for Enroth.

David Pagnotta: Me thinks OTT/BUF game is pretty popular... Among team reps in attendance: NAS Asst GM, MTL Asst GM, CGY Asst GM & WPG Dir of Pro Scouting

I could see all of those teams having interest in Stafford/Stewart. Montreal reportedly interested in Myers, as well.

Edited by Tank

The following is cut-and-pasted from reddit.  If it is determined to be proprietary material, someone please notify me, spndnchz, SDS, or nfreeman to remove it.

ESPN Trade Recommendations for teams (Sabres Players mentioned) (

Here are the Sabres players mentioned thus far.

Winnipeg Jets The Jets are better than you think. Playing in the Central Division is a bear, but Winnipeg has sustained a playoff spot, and the underlying numbers that suggest they are a serious contender. They rank sixth in the NHL in Fenwick close, only 0.5 percent behind the Blackhawks, and are second in the NHL in goals allowed at 5-on-5. A recent slide has raised some questions about their forward depth, especially with Evander Kane now out with shoulder surgery.

Winnipeg's problem:They must trade Kane

Off-ice issues with Kane have put him in the center of the hottest trade rumors going as we approach the deadline. It would be a surprise if any fewer than 20 teams put phone calls into the Jets regarding the former fourth overall pick. With so many bidders at the table, Winnipeg has a chance to fill the hole left by Kane's injury and gain more building blocks for their up-and-coming club.

Solution: Marcus Foligno, F, Buffalo Sabres, along with prospects and picks

The Sabres are the best trade partner for Kane, simply because they can offer more than any other team in picks and prospects. They have a top-ranked prospect pool and three first-round draft selections this summer (their own plus the Islanders' and Blues' picks). Foligno would fill the spot left by Kane, a position requiring size and power. While the brother of Nick Foligno has not yet lived up to the Sabres' hopes, he is 23 years old and has shown the capability to be an impact player. The jam-up may come on which prospects Buffalo would be willing to give up, considering last year's No. 2 overall pick Sam Reinhart and the previous season's top selection, Rasmus Ristolainen, are likely untouchable.

Dallas Stars After an ugly start to the season, Lindy Ruff got the Stars headed in the right direction with enough time remaining in the season to make a playoff push. Behind superstar Tyler Seguin and several improvements on defense -- such as the addition of John Klingberg and Jason Demers -- Dallas went from the bottom of the Central to currently five points out of the second wild card.

Dallas' problem: Goaltending

Hockey can be cruel sometimes, as the Stars are probably a better team this season than last, but they have received awful goaltending from Kari Lehtonen & Co. They are 26th in the NHL in even-strength save percentage, an unexpected outcome given Lehtonen's past performance (and contract).

Solution: Jhonas Enroth, G, Buffalo Sabres

Looking at save percentages, it does not seem Enroth would be a huge upgrade, as the Swede has a .903 mark, compared to Lehtonen's .905. The Sabres' netminder, however, is playing on the worst team in the NHL, and looking into his past, that may be dragging down his numbers. Enroth has a solid .910 career save percentage, and an exceptional .924 career save percentage at even strength. Goalies are always a roll of the dice, but if Enroth started a handful of games instead of Anders Lindback -- who sports an .875 save percentage -- it would be worth a middle-round pick.

Calgary Flames It seems every season there is a team that goes from drafting high to being a legitimate contender. In 2013-14, it was the Colorado Avalanche; this time around, it's Calgary. The Flames have been one of the worst possession teams in the league, ranking only above the Avs and lowly Buffalo Sabres in Fenwick close.

They have been kept afloat by strong goaltending and exceptional play by their top defensive pairing of T.J. Brodie and Mark Giordano. Combined with surprising rookie production from Johnny Gaudreau, the Flames have held on to a playoff spot and should be looking to buy at the deadline -- though they will not be interested in selling off future parts.

Calgary's problem: shortage of quality wingers

The Flames do not have a star center, but Sean Monahan and a finally healthy Mikael Backlund are surprisingly effective against the studs of the Western Conference. Outside of Jiri Hudler and Gaudreau, Calgary's centers are lacking in quality wingers to set up. The next-best producer at wing is Curtis Glencross, who has just eight goals.

Solution: Drew Stafford, W, Buffalo Sabres

On the worst team in the NHL, the long-time Sabre has managed 1.7 points per 60 minutes at even strength, which leads the team. His solid scoring rate is no fluke. Going back to 2009-10, Stafford has 1.8 points per 60 at 5-on-5. While he won't offer much to the possession-struggling Flames, the veteran winger won't be asked to face top lines as he has for the past two seasons in Buffalo. He will go back to being a role player, as was the case when he posted back-to-back 50-plus-point seasons in 2010-11 and 2011-12. The Sabres will want draft picks or prospects, but the lack of buzz around Stafford may mean the price will be manageable for Calgary.

Edited by Eleven

You think he beats out Pysyk next year in training camp? I don't.

Zadorov is still only 19. He's playing OK because he can keep up physically, but his game is mistake prone and lackadaisical at times. He'll be much better off having a longer leash in the AHL, playing 30min a game, PP and PK, instead of getting 15-20min/game in the NHL. Pysyk will be well seasoned and I expect him to have a big role with the Sabres next season. I expect McCabe to be more NHL ready by then as well... maybe even Ruhwedel.

That said, with all the wheeling and dealing that's around the corner and probably at draft time, all bets are off!

Ruhwedel should only be competing for a seat not near the piss hole on the Amerks bus. Why people mention him as a possible Sabre. He's tiny. His offence better be Brian Campbell like if he's going to play in the NHL...and it's not.

Mckenzie says the Sabres have significant interest in Kane and could use Myers as part of a deal...

(NEW) McKenzie: "#Sabres have considerable interest in Evander Kane." Tyler Myers could be part of it. #NHLJets http://t.co/ax28XvGZyR

I hope to God we don't give them Myers + for Kane, I'll likely have a stroke caused by my pent up anger.

I'll take Bogosian and Kane + a 3rd for Myers + a 2nd 

Chevy would ask for Myers, Foligno, probably Bailey or Baptiste and a first for this deal

That's a gross overpayment in my view.

Myers for Kane is probably a fair deal on its own, but not one I would do.

I would I think the first is a given, Grigorenko or Armia the likely second element, the question is what we are willing to give up as the actual player.

Chevy would ask for Myers, Foligno, probably Bailey or Baptiste and a first for this deal

We have no clue what he would ask considering he has never made a player for player deal.

Eight more games until the trade deadline. Here's where my heads at for trades:

Stewart for a second and a mid-level prospect (somebody who looks to have a certain NHL future in at least some capacity)

Stafford, Enroth and Neuvirth for as a high a pick as we can get straight up for each.

Myers for a roster player and a high-end prospect or a mid-level prospect and a pick.

Edited by Tank

Arizona:
Zbynek Michalek
Michael Stone

Carolina: 

Ron Hainsey

John-Michael Liles

Chicago:
Niklas Hjalmarsson, D
Johnny Oduya, D

Colorado:
Brad Stuart, D
Jan Hejda, D

Columbus:

David Savard, D

Fedor Tyutin, D

Detroit:

Jonathan Ericsson, D

Kyle Quincey, D

Edmonton:
Oscar Klefbom, D
Andrew Ference, D

Assuming the second 2/3 of the alphabet works out about the same, Nikita is definitely a 3/4 on the majority of teams.

Arizona:

Zbynek Michalek

Michael Stone

Carolina:

Ron Hainsey

John-Michael Liles

Chicago:

Niklas Hjalmarsson, D

Johnny Oduya, D

Colorado:

Brad Stuart, D

Jan Hejda, D

Columbus:

David Savard, D

Fedor Tyutin, D

Detroit:

Jonathan Ericsson, D

Kyle Quincey, D

Edmonton:

Oscar Klefbom, D

Andrew Ference, D

Assuming the second 2/3 of the alphabet works out about the same, Nikita is definitely a 3/4 on the majority of teams.

Hjalmarsson is almost a perfect match. Nice.

We have no clue what he would ask considering he has never made a player for player deal.

Name of Thread Trade Speculation 2014-15 

Definition of Speculation per Merriam-Webster: 

ideas or guesses about something that is not known

Hence the speculation on what Chevy would ask for.    

I don't think point production is a good measure of defensemen, and I've said as much in other discussions such as with Myers. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.