Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Since you quoted me for this reply, I'll assume it was directed at me. WTF is this coming from? All I said was that TM claimed he prefers big, puck moving defencemen and that description aptly fits Myers.

Not sure where you are getting some crazy hope from me. In the Karlsson v Myers thread I said Karlsson was the better player. And here all I've said is that Myers fits the description of what Murray said he prefers. Go lecture someone else.

Actually, he just said he prefers puck moving defensemen.

He did say he prefers bigger forwards.

And he did say that Myers could be a very good defensemen with the right people around him.

I charge for lectures......this one is pro bono

Murray was ready to ship him out since day 1? I've never once to this day heard Murray say he's looking to move tyler Myers.

Has he said he was moving anyone but an UFA or a bum who he ended up buying out?

Murray said in his first few months on the job that Myers has the potential to be a really good player if you surround him with the right people. It was talked about in depth on GR how a really good player makes those around him better, you don't expect him to need to hold someone else's hand.

What have we seen the past few years? "Tallinder might get him going!" "Gorges will be good for him!"

People keep hanging on to some crazy hope.....meanwhile, the guy has 1 goal this season and is averaging 25+ minutems.

Here is an article from the top writer at The Hockey News suggesting that Myers should be thought of a buyout candidate in the offseason, written less than a year ago........

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/murray-needs-to-boldy-tear-down-sabres-to-build-them-up/

That entire article is trash. A compliance buyout is 2/3 not 1/3 of the remainder of the contract, and the used Colorado as an example for our rebuild. I don't read THN, if that's the top writer, then I'm making a great decision.

msg-333-0-66749900-1421184370_thumb.jpg

Thanks X.

It looks like the numbers seem to support observations as some of the better defensemen are towards the top, but it also shows a lot of good defensemen on weaker teams. Mix of players on good teams like Shattenkirk and Ehrhoff and some bottom feeders in Giordano/Brodie and Ekblad. I'll take a further look when I have some time to maybe find some more indicators in there.

I can't figure out how to post it. I PM'd you.

i have not said once that Myers is untradeable.......I just am dumbfounded by what people think you could get in return. Along with that, Murray was ready to ship him from almost day 1.

I don't think people think they could get a great return for Myers. I think people are not willing to trade Myers for a so-so return -- which appears to be what's been offered.

And as others have pointed out, the bolded part is completely unsubstantiated and probably should have been preceded by "I think" or something like that.

I'm sorry for the NS comment at you. You just happened to be the 4th in a line of 4 straight posts that didn't get the point a year ago Myers was being talked about as a buyout, and now everyone wants Marilyn Monroe's bronzed lady parts in return for him.....

At your service, sir.

It would be interesting to put any good developing player on the sabres and watch them regress. There are five on Edmonton that might be stars on a competent team. Myers was worse without Nolan . Tough for any team to label their worth

Inflated value is a good thing .

It would be interesting to put any good developing player on the sabres and watch them regress. There are five on Edmonton that might be stars on a competent team. Myers was worse without Nolan . Tough for any team to label their worth

Inflated value is a good thing .

Despite their record recently the youngsters in Edmonton have always produced.

I don't read it. Who is the person there if I missed? His title is Senior Writer and Editor. That's all I know.

And the 2010-2012 Chz and I could turn our sexual tension into a lifetime of soul mate bliss.......

Sometimes things change.....and you need to revalue what you see.....not what you remember.......

Sorry for the delay in response.

He's the 'top man' there, like Garioch is at his Ottawa newspaper or Al Franken was at SNL in his 1st stint. He's the senior writer, but that is simply a title. (According to the masthead he doesn't have any editorial duties, but those things change over time.) There are several better writers there, usually w/ less of an agenda.

Never been remotely impressed w/ his output.

He's the 'top man' there, like Garioch is at his Ottawa newspaper or Al Franken was at SNL in his 1st stint. He's the senior writer, but that is simply a title. (According to the masthead he doesn't have any editorial duties, but those things change over time.) There are several better writers there, usually w/ less of an agenda.

Thank you. That's all i saw was his title.

I'm really not too worried about where Myers ends up. This is the only actual hockey discussion going on that is relevant though! Sad....

Board consensus......Stafford go, Hodgson worthless, Gionta underwhelming, Ennis works hard, Moulson streaky, Gorges good effort, Risto/Zadorov/Girgs hooray, Goalies ok but need better longterm. Other than maybe the expectations of Grigs and Samuel, Myers is really the only debate worth while right now.

Thank you. That's all i saw was his title.

I'm really not too worried about where Myers ends up. This is the only actual hockey discussion going on that is relevant though! Sad....

I agree with you on the discussion part. I really want a trade to be made...maybe not a 'blockbuster', but some move involving a player good enough to be at the NHL level....just to give us something new to talk about or watch when the Sabres play.

I'm at the point where I want a 'trade for the sake of a trade', but it would really be for the sake of SOME entertainment value.

Edited by mjd1001

I agree with you on the discussion part. I really want a trade to be made...maybe not a 'blockbuster', but some move involving a player good enough to be at the NHL level....just to give us something new to talk about or watch when the Sabres play.

I'm at the point where I want a 'trade for the sake of a trade', but it would really be for the sake of SOME entertainment value.

I know. Maybe the only other interesting thing is what we can eventually get for Stewart. Will it be a 1st from a panic team? A 2nd in a deep draft this year? Another Fasching or Bailey we need to wait 5 years on?

Unless we get a freak blockbuster dealing guys we probably actually care about, it's pretty much wake us up in June.

Wild are getting Devan Dubnyk from Phoenix for a third round pick.

Not much for him. But make no mistake, Darcy sees the value in Dubnyk's subtraction over what they're getting back for him. Addition by subtraction if you will. Sort of like cutting Myers in return for McEichel.

Not much for him. But make no mistake, Darcy sees the value in Dubnyk's subtraction over what they're getting back for him. Addition by subtraction if you will. Sort of like cutting Myers in return for McEichel.

I think that's fair market value for him. Especially when you consider the goalies who have cleared waivers this year. That being said, definitely a smart move by Darcy. Going to the Desert to finish what he started here?

Our budding superstar GMTM was outmaneuvered for Boychuk and Leddy by none other than the much-maligned Garth. they are leading that team out of the mud while the hero team Sabres continue to fossilize in hockey's version of the La Brea tarpits.

Garrioch is hockey's version of Rip Taylor.

Our budding superstar GMTM was outmaneuvered for Boychuk and Leddy by none other than the much-maligned Garth. they are leading that team out of the mud while the hero team Sabres continue to fossilize in hockey's version of the La Brea tarpits.

What? There was never any notion that he wanted either Leddy or Boychuk. Why would he?

Agreed, but that =/= GMTM getting outmaneuvered. We got the Mess for next to nothing and signed Balls for free. I know Garth traded for Boychuck, not sure about Leddy.

It helps that they have a number 1 guy in Tavares... Sabres still need one so who cares only in that the Isle actually got some players that make them legit instead of tanking along with the Sabres and giving them an extra shot at McEichel.

msg-333-0-66749900-1421184370_thumb.jpg

Thanks X.

It looks like the numbers seem to support observations as some of the better defensemen are towards the top, but it also shows a lot of good defensemen on weaker teams. Mix of players on good teams like Shattenkirk and Ehrhoff and some bottom feeders in Giordano/Brodie and Ekblad. I'll take a further look when I have some time to maybe find some more indicators in there.

I clicked on the thumbnail and got a message saying that I don't have permission to view the attachment. Did anyone else run into this problem?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.