Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Pretty easy to see what he is doing.

Trying to set the record straight on the persistent rumours in response to a direct question?

Murray seems to be honest and direct to a fault. I'm not sure why you guys think he would tell a reporter what he told this reporter in order to start a bidding war. Why wouldn't he just tell Kenny Holland what Bob Murray has on the table?

Trying to set the record straight on the persistent rumours in response to a direct question?

Murray seems to be honest and direct to a fault. I'm not sure why you guys think he would tell a reporter what he told this reporter in order to start a bidding war. Why wouldn't he just tell Kenny Holland what Bob Murray has on the table?

I like my theory better. It's jucier!! And this season needs some juice. The trade deadline can't get here fast enough.

When he is directly quoted saying stuff like this he doesn't need to call anyone. He just told 30 GM'S I am willing to listen without having to pick up the phone. Then through the media he trys telling everyone how valuable Myers is. If I am another GM I look at this as an inexperienced move on Murray's part.

Myers rumors have floated for a year. This is the first time he has spoken up on Myers behalf. Pretty easy to see what he is doing.

He made similar comments regarding Myers around a month ago on WGR.

I never understood the "Myers is not a GMTM kind of player" chatter that got play here. Murray was very vocal about his preference for big puck moving defensemen. Myers is that in spades.

Murray said in his first few months on the job that Myers has the potential to be a really good player if you surround him with the right people. It was talked about in depth on GR how a really good player makes those around him better, you don't expect him to need to hold someone else's hand.

What have we seen the past few years? "Tallinder might get him going!" "Gorges will be good for him!"

People keep hanging on to some crazy hope.....meanwhile, the guy has 1 goal this season and is averaging 25+ minutes.

Here is an article from the top writer at The Hockey News suggesting that Myers should be thought of a buyout candidate in the offseason, written less than a year ago........

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/murray-needs-to-boldy-tear-down-sabres-to-build-them-up/

Murray said in his first few months on the job that Myers has the potential to be a really good player if you surround him with the right people. It was talked about in depth on GR how a really good player makes those around him better, you don't expect him to need to hold someone else's hand.

What have we seen the past few years? "Tallinder might get him going!" "Gorges will be good for him!"

People keep hanging on to some crazy hope.....meanwhile, the guy has 1 goal this season and is averaging 25+ minutes.

Here is an article from the top writer at The Hockey News suggesting that Myers should be thought of a buyout candidate in the offseason, written less than a year ago........

http://www.thehockey...-build-them-up/

lol no

a buyout candidate...

post-2716-0-12665300-1421174429_thumb.gif

Edited by LGR4GM

There is zero possibility of this happening.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/murray-needs-to-boldy-tear-down-sabres-to-build-them-up/

Drane quoting Ken Campbell as an authority?

What did they do to you during the ban man?

We're here for you. You can overcome this.

The buyout piece was written A YEAR AGO!!!

He called Ehrhoff as a buyout.......Leino was a no brainer, but I'm sure January last year a lot of people would laugh at Ehrhoff getting bought out.

That's the point....

Everyone is treating Myers as some Santa Claus, mythical figure, when in reality he has been dogsh!t most of his career with a flash here and there. You either pray to get a decent player and a 2nd for him....or you are going to ride this Enron of a player down to zero.....

The buyout piece was written A YEAR AGO!!!

He called Ehrhoff as a buyout.......Leino was a no brainer, but I'm sure January last year a lot of people would laugh at Ehrhoff getting bought out.

That's the point....

Everyone is treating Myers as some Santa Claus, mythical figure, when in reality he has been dogsh!t most of his career with a flash here and there. You either pray to get a decent player and a 2nd for him....or you are going to ride this Enron of a player down to zero.....

Ehrhoff got bought out because of a massive overhaul in cap calculation versus contract, most of us new it was coming.

I have no problem with trading Myers and I have already spoken of his limits but the notion that we should buy him out is laughable especially when I can show you article after article and source after source discussing teams who are actively trying to trade for him.

Drane quoting Ken Campbell as an authority?

What did they do to you during the ban man?

We're here for you. You can overcome this.

I was looking for Murray's quotes about how Myers needs to be surrounded by good players to make him good. He said it point blank.

I'm not doing more than 30 seconds of research on this POS team anymore. Let God sort'em out....

Ehrhoff got bought out because of a massive overhaul in cap calculation versus contract, most of us new it was coming.

I have no problem with trading Myers and I have already spoken of his limits but the notion that we should buy him out is laughable especially when I can show you article after article and source after source discussing teams who are actively trying to trade for him.

No SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I'm not saying he should be bought out. I'm saying that everyone with a 1 goal, 25+ minute defenseman's Shaft in their mouth, waiting for Mike Bossy and 2 1st round picks in return for this guy only need to look back a year as to what people were saying before Ted Nolan got here.

Please find me another "#1 defenseman" in the league who has 1 goal, single digit points, and plays 25 minutes+ per game.

If Myers played like Scott Stevens, I could understand. He plays like Shadow Stevens........ (look it up, millenials).....

I didn't call him a number one.

His play is more of a 2/3. Maybe one day he'll be a number one, maybe not. But a young right handed second pairing defenseman has value to any team.

Anyone who thinks he hasn't played good this, then I'll agree to disagree

Please find me another "#1 defenseman" in the league who has 1 goal, single digit points, and plays 25 minutes+ per game.

If Myers played like Scott Stevens, I could understand. He plays like Shadow Stevens........ (look it up, millenials).....

Why does Myers have to be a #1? All of us had hopes it'd turn out that way, but it doesn't look like it'll happen. But I think you'd have a hard time disputing that Myers is good enough to play 2/3/4 D any team in the NHL. He's very likely good enough to play 2/3/4 D on a contender in the NHL. Until a couple of the kids down on the farm can prove they'll displace him there's no reason to run him out of town.

The Sabres, right now, don't have a #1 anything on the whole damn team. No legit top line forward, D or goalie. This is what happens when you are rebuilding/tanking. Like others have said Myers is a legit #3 D in this league, both on this tire fire of a team and for a contender. He won't be moved unless a team overpays for him, and I'm fine with that.

Ehrhoff was a #2/3 Dman with 2x the point output, making $4 million a year......

I'm just trying to comprehend the way people cling to and elevate Myers. Maybe I should just accept it, like I accept passing by the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum in Canada, while hundreds a day pay $20 to go in. Hey....they're probably tourists...why not?

Your frustration makes sense if there were a lot of people claiming Myers was a one, but I just don't see that anywhere.

I think most of us thought/hoped Myers would be a number one during his first two seasons, wondered if he was total bust in the next two, and have settled on him as being a useful 2/3 like he has shown under Ted.

Personally, the way Murray describes him in the article upthread matches how I see him.

I don't expect him to get two firsts and Mike Bossy. I just don't want to trade him unless there is a better player than him coming back - and I'm not talking about a potentially better player. ###### another trade for more futures.

We have a lot of futures already; we don't have many real NHL players.

Myers is one of them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.