Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Myers' injury issues the last three seasons shouldn't be ignore. Missed 9 games of a 48 game season. Missed 20 last year (if I remember correctly he was a healthy scratch once or twice so maybe 18/19). Eight games so far this year...

Tell me how much worse this team looks without him and you're only furthering the point that they might be better served getting value in a trade.

I'm pretty much on the fence on Myers. I want him here but expect there to be good offers for him. If there's a great offer take it and be done.

Myers' injury issues the last three seasons shouldn't be ignore. Missed 9 games of a 48 game season. Missed 20 last year (if I remember correctly he was a healthy scratch once or twice so maybe 18/19). Eight games so far this year...

Tell me how much worse this team looks without him and you're only furthering the point that they might be better served getting value in a trade.

I'm pretty much on the fence on Myers. I want him here but expect there to be good offers for him. If there's a great offer take it and be done.

Good point regarding injuries. My feeling is I probably want him on the Sabres team I hope to envision in 2-3 years. Problem is trading him for offensive assets is one of the ways to get to that team I want. Regardless of our prospects potential we need players that are proven NHL scorers. Unfortunately that will probably come at the expense of Myers.

This is not a knock on Myers just the reality of what Murray is up against. With McCabe, Pysyk, a player most likely coming back in trade, and probably one first round dman in this coming draft it makes Myers somewhat expendable to get what we need.

Good point regarding injuries. My feeling is I probably want him on the Sabres team I hope to envision in 2-3 years. Problem is trading him for offensive assets is one of the ways to get to that team I want. Regardless of our prospects potential we need players that are proven NHL scorers. Unfortunately that will probably come at the expense of Myers.

This is not a knock on Myers just the reality of what Murray is up against. With McCabe, Pysyk, a player most likely coming back in trade, and probably one first round dman in this coming draft it makes Myers somewhat expendable to get what we need.

Can't argue with that.

It is my hope (and I think Murray's) we acquire the scorer we need by packaging picks and prospects, not one of our few proven young players.

exactly! This team is rotten without Myers right now..

Other than a 12 game or so stretch this year I think it is safe to say they have pretty much sucked with him as well.

You get rid of the clowns known as Balls, Mess, and Weber and you add some quality dmen then you wouldn't notice it as much w/o Myers. This is as much about lack of depth that it is how good Myers is.

I think trading myers for scoring is a good way to get a team that can make the playoffs and not advance. I want a d-corps that is can lose the top 2 guys and still be in the top half of the league. I know it's rolling the dice, waiting for our forward prospects to develop, but between the prospects and the upcoming first rounders, I'm willing to take that chance.

It seems that top talent forwards move as UFAs more often that top pairing defensemen, so maybe we can pick something up in the short term while we have half the team under RFA.

Other than a 12 game or so stretch this year I think it is safe to say they have pretty much sucked with him as well.

You get rid of the clowns known as Balls, Mess, and Weber and you add some quality dmen then you wouldn't notice it as much w/o Myers. This is as much about lack of depth that it is how good Myers is.

has anyone watched the penalty kill recently? Holy Shiit balls

The Mongolians were incredibly tolerant of other cultures.

Leave the man alone. Ink's in good company, Stalin hated the Tartars too.

1. Not the Tatars, they weren't. Conquered the hell out of 'em.

2a. I'll leave Ink alone for now. But he's on notice, and he might be a Tatar.

2b. Stalin hated everybody. The Germans, his allies, his people, his wife, the turnip on his dinner plate, whatever. I know, the Germans screwed him over. Doesn't matter. That man had a weird hatred of everyone and everything.

This is what I've though all along. It is a classic contrast effect. Our other defensemen are so bad that Myers looks like a superstar in comparison. I personally don't see Myers as a top-pair defenseman on most of the better teams in the league. I like Myers' defensive game, but not his offensive/passing game.

I see no reason why our top pair won't be Risto and Zadorov in the future. They're young now so they're making a lot of mistakes, but the talent is clearly there.

I think trading myers for scoring is a good way to get a team that can make the playoffs and not advance. I want a d-corps that is can lose the top 2 guys and still be in the top half of the league. I know it's rolling the dice, waiting for our forward prospects to develop, but between the prospects and the upcoming first rounders, I'm willing to take that chance.

It seems that top talent forwards move as UFAs more often that top pairing defensemen, so maybe we can pick something up in the short term while we have half the team under RFA.

This is where I am.

You can build a Stanley Cup winner around an elite defence.

And we might have the ingredients.

1. Not the Tatars, they weren't. Conquered the hell out of 'em.

2a. I'll leave Ink alone for now. But he's on notice, and he might be a Tatar.

2b. Stalin hated everybody. The Germans, his allies, his people, his wife, the turnip on his dinner plate, whatever. I know, the Germans screwed him over. Doesn't matter. That man had a weird hatred of everyone and everything.

They conquered the ###### out of them, and violently so, but still were incredibly tolerant of culture and religion, even by today's standards.

If you've got 10 minutes:

They conquered the ###### out of them, and violently so, but still were incredibly tolerant of culture and religion, even by today's standards.

If you've got 10 minutes:

Dude talks way too fast; in the first minute, did he really claim that the Mongols created Russia? Was something else going on? Can someone substitute his Red Bull with cream soda or something?

I'm really only partly kidding. He is incredibly difficult to follow, and the Mongols did not create Russia.

More Myers to Wings Talk

Their speculation is Myers for Tatar/Kindl/and a 2nd. (Not enough)

Joe Yerdon from NHL.com says Detroit must be driving the interest on Myers, as he has heard nothing from Buffalo's End.

http://www.freep.com...wings/21253723/

That's a joke of an offer. If there's no Larkin/Mantha/ or some other legitimate prospect with any deal involving Detroit, I keep Myers. Maybe Detroit saw how impressive Larkin was in the WJC and pulled him from the table, I guess we'll never know.

I doubt we'd even keep talking to them if the offer is that bad. Chalk that up to optimistic speculation from the Wings reporters, I think.

Let's hope.

Dude talks way too fast; in the first minute, did he really claim that the Mongols created Russia? Was something else going on? Can someone substitute his Red Bull with cream soda or something?

I'm really only partly kidding. He is incredibly difficult to follow, and the Mongols did not create Russia.

In Soviet Russia, everyone knows Russia created Russia.

He says that some historians claim that they helped create the modern russian state. He's referring to the breakup of the Kieven Rus.

He does talk fast, and there is a lot in the first 16 episodes that leads up to this one, so there might be some loss there. But if you can get the hang of it, I think you'd like the entire Crash Course World History series. He looks at a lot of the subtleties of history, and tries to focus more on the influence of peoples rather than the influence of a single great person (the mogols are the exception, they are the exception to a lot of things).

In Soviet Russia, everyone knows Russia created Russia.

And in real life, everyone knows Kievan Rus created Russia!

This is the book you want to read: http://www.amazon.com/Russia-1000-Year-Chronicle-Wild-East/dp/1468305018/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1420427728&sr=1-2

It's really good.

He says that some historians claim that they helped create the modern russian state. He's referring to the breakup of the Kieven Rus.

He does talk fast, and there is a lot in the first 16 episodes that leads up to this one, so there might be some loss there. But if you can get the hang of it, I think you'd like the entire Crash Course World History series. He looks at a lot of the subtleties of history, and tries to focus more on the influence of peoples rather than the influence of a single great person (the mogols are the exception, they are the exception to a lot of things).

I'm sure that if I read what he said, I'd be all over it, but good Lord, he needs to calm down if I'm going to listen to him. I process well and still can't keep up.

Ugh, I have to be up at 5. Goodnight everyone.

My opinion is, Timmeh doesn't need to be very active at the trade deadline.

out of our UFA's, stafford / enroth are our best guys who might get us 1st rounders in return.

stewart won't net more than a 2nd rounder, doubt anyone wants meszaros or benoit or neuvirth.

He should wait what pick we get at the draft, if its for cojack, you don't trade myers, if you end up having to pick hanifin, myers should be traded for an elite winger.

out of our UFA's, stafford / enroth are our best guys who might get us 1st rounders in return.

stewart won't net more than a 2nd rounder, doubt anyone wants meszaros or benoit or neuvirth.

He should wait what pick we get at the draft, if its for cojack, you don't trade myers, if you end up having to pick hanifin, myers should be traded for an elite winger.

I think the return for Stafford and Stewart should be flipped. Stewart has shown to be as good a goal scorer as Stafford and brings WAY more to the table.

Do you trade Myers or the 3rd pick for that elite winger if possible? Or do you attempt to trade down to 4th or 5th and pick the next best forward? Is Hanifin that much of a sure thing that he is taken over the 3rd best forward in the draft, a much bigger need for the Sabres? Or trading Myers and plugging Hanifin in his place? Just wondering as I don't really know.

Edited by respk

Do you trade Myers or the 3rd pick for that elite winger if possible? Or do you attempt to trade down to 4th or 5th and pick the next best forward? Is Hanifin that much of a sure thing that he is taken over the 3rd best forward in the draft, a much bigger need for the Sabres? Or trading Myers and plugging Hanifin in his place? Just wondering as I don't really know.

I'd much rather just draft Hanifin or make a team lay a decent price to go from 4 to 3 to get Hanifin. Hanifin's potential puts him on a whole other level than Myers.

Well if NJ drafted 4th and considering their defense minded way of playing it is possible a team would want to trade up a spot to get Hanafin. It is unlikely though that a trade within that top 5 occurs. What is more likely to happen is that NJ and Philly (this is if the draft happened next week mind you) would wait to see who the Sabres take and worry about filling a spot later. Murray could conceivably pass on Hanafin and take a Strome/Marner and no one would really bat an eye. Like in 2013 when Jones slid to Nashville, they were more than happy to draft him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.