Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

And Hall could be our Kane. Would you rather have Keith or Kane? I'm sure many will say Keith (I might, too, fwiw) but preferring Kane isn't exactly an indefensible position.

I'm actually kinda of hoping that Zemgus is our Toews and Samson our Kane, albeit a different type of Kane.

I would love Hall and eventually know there will be a need for a sniper , maybe Evander speaking of another Kane

I'm actually kinda of hoping that Zemgus is our Toews and Samson our Kane, albeit a different type of Kane.

I would love Hall and eventually know there will be a need for a sniper , maybe Evander speaking of another Kane

Samson is no Kane. More likely that we have two Toews.

Edited by Tank

Kane's essentially a 25-50-75 guy with a penchant for scoring big goals. I will be disappointed if Samson doesn't come close to those numbers.

They may contribute similar numbers at some point but in completely different ways. The playing style is what I was getting at.

No clue why I didn't think of this earlier: the best comparable for a Taylor Hall trade is the Tyler Seguin trade...

Boston got Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith, Joe Morrow, Matt Fraser for Seguin and Peverly.

Eriksson was a proven scorer with top six talent. Smith was a NHL-ready forward, Morrow would be Pysyk essentially and Fraser is a middling forward prospect.

We could replace Eriksson with Myers, Smith with Grigorenko, Morrow with Pysyk and then cut out Fraser since we're not getting the extra body like Peverly.

Myers, Grigorenko, Pysyk. Or Myers, Grigorenko and one of our late firsts. I would do either deal.

No clue why I didn't think of this earlier: the best comparable for a Taylor Hall trade is the Tyler Seguin trade...

Boston got Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith, Joe Morrow, Matt Fraser for Seguin and Peverly.

Eriksson was a proven scorer with top six talent. Smith was a NHL-ready forward, Morrow would be Pysyk essentially and Fraser is a middling forward prospect.

We could replace Eriksson with Myers, Smith with Grigorenko, Morrow with Pysyk and then cut out Fraser since we're not getting the extra body like Peverly.

Myers, Grigorenko, Pysyk. Or Myers, Grigorenko and one of our late firsts. I would do either deal.

Which one of those teams won the cup after that trade?

I don't think Hall is damaged goods or incapable of producing in Buffalo. I just am not sure this would be the correct move for Buffalo at this time given the price that will probably be involved.

Seguin got traded for Loui Eriksson and Reilly Smith with the additions of Matt Fraser and Joe Morrow. So if Buffalo were trading for a similar thing you are probably talking Myers and maybe Hodgson if they believe in him (doubtful) or someone like Zemgus plus Luke Adam and Pysyk or McCabe. That would be in the rough ball park of a deal we see. I think that just might be too much.

I DON"T KNOW!

But yea, it is a very comparable trade and we should ask if that is a price we should be paying.

Neither?

I DON"T KNOW!

But yea, it is a very comparable trade and we should ask if that is a price we should be paying.

My bad. Didn't see your post.

I don't know. The players involved haven't retired or died yet.

If being willing to trade what looks like a stud defenseman for what is an elite forward is going full retard, then refusing to trade what looks like a stud defenseman for what is an elite forward is the full Regier. D4rk has gone full Regier on us. Nobody goes full Regier.

(I'm thinking the Myers-Getzlaf thing from a few years ago)

Yes, it took me hours to come up with that. No, I'm not ashamed, because I think it fits.

If being willing to trade what looks like a stud defenseman for what is an elite forward is going full retard, then refusing to trade what looks like a stud defenseman for what is an elite forward is the full Regier. D4rk has gone full Regier on us. Nobody goes full Regier.

Yes, it took me hours to come up with that. No, I'm not ashamed, because I think it fits.

:lol:

I'm offended.

Dammit. Which one is more likely to. Or a better question, did one side win that trade or did they both win it?

At the moment I would say Dallas won that trade. I think the price being asked for Hall currently is a little higher. If you could do something like Myers, Hodgson, Schaller, late 1st round pick (NYI/STL) I probably do that.

well played.

Dammit. Which one is more likely to. Or a better question, did one side win that trade or did they both win it?

The Stars won it. They got a superstar. The Bruins got a good young player in Smith and a guy who has been underachieving in Eriksson. Even if Eriksson was playing at a high level I would say Dallas.

Dallas is struggling defensively... But they didnt give up defense in this deal so it's not because of that.

We have been building from the wings in for around 8 years now. I'm not moving any high value package unless it returns a center.

Fair point. But we have center depth we never had then.

For those who don't know there will be a trade freeze from December 19th to the 27th. Last year there was a lot of talk leading up to it that something would happen and nothing did. This year there appears to be less talk. Doubt we see anything. Hoping we do.

Edited by Tank

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.