Would you...

IvanPutski

rather have (McDavid or Eichel) OR (Johansen AND Ryan?)? We have assets and and the cap space to rock the NHL's world. Now, I'm still keeping either the Islander or our #1 pick from the next draft but adding 2 the Ryans would sure speed up the rebuild.

Ivan

Love the name and the pic.

I'd take Johansen and Ryan any day and everyday. High level established NHL talent is always the better play.

Love the name and the pic.

I'd take Johansen and Ryan any day and everyday. High level established NHL talent is always the better play.

Free agent spending has always been a 100% sure fire way to win cups. Look at the Flyers and Rangers lately. Dynasties.

Free agent spending has always been a 100% sure fire way to win cups. Look at the Flyers and Rangers lately. Dynasties.

The OP mentioned assets and cap space. That leads me to think he was thinking trade and not free agency.

Anyway, I would trade any Sabre player, prospect and / or draft pick to land those two players. I would rather have them then a chance at McDavid, or Eichel. I think I would make the trades needed even if we were somehow guaranteed either McDavid, or Eichel.

How many of the Flyers and Rangers free agent signings were 22 year old 30 goal scorers? Step away from the rhetoric and take a good look at the players involved.

"High level established ... Is always the better play."

That's the main part I was disagreeing with. Getting Bobby Ryan is a move for a team that's close and wants him to contribute to an already successful locker room. That's not in Buffalo.

Would I love to have him? Yes, but not if we're giving up McEichel (which won't happen since he's an upcoming UFA we could try to get for "free").

Johansen is my favorite young kid in the game. He's been fantastic beyond just last year. He was one of the better defensive forwards before being given a shot on the top line last season. Columbus is stupid for messing around. They can't afford to mess this up with the momentum and talent they've gathered.

But I'm still not giving up McEichel for either.

Edited by Tankalicious

That's the main part I was disagreeing with. Getting Bobby Ryan is a move for a team that's close and wants him to contribute to an already successful locker room. That's not in Buffalo.

Would I love to have him? Yes, but not if we're giving up McEichel (which won't happen since he's an upcoming UFA we could try to get for "free").

Johansen is my favorite young kid in the game. He's been fantastic beyond just last year. He was one of the better defensive forwards before being given a shot on the top line last season. Columbus is stupid for messing around. They can't afford to mess this up with the momentum and talent they've gathered.

I like this post. You made the point.

The beauty of message boards is the differing of opinions. You are far more sure about the top kids in next years draft than I am. I'm always going to doubt a player until he gets it done in he NHL, which is why I would put the higher premium on the proven NHL talent.

If Columbus does put Johansen on the market, I would be pissed if didn't end up being a Sabre.

The beauty of message boards is the differing of opinions. You are far more sure about the top kids in next years draft than I am. I'm always going to doubt a player until he gets it done in he NHL, which is why I would put the higher premium on the proven NHL talent.

If Columbus does put Johansen on the market, I would be pissed if didn't end up being a Sabre.

I would love to have RJ. But I wouldn't trade McEichel for him.

What do we think it would take to get him? Would have to include a major current piece or two, no?

Ennis (or Hodgson) + Stafford (or Stewart) + Grigorenko and a first? I'd do that yesterday.

I think it'd take a better piece for right now, though.

Edited by Tankalicious

I would love to have RJ. But I wouldn't trade McEichel for him.

What do we think it would take to get him? Would have to include a major current piece or two, no?

Ennis (or Hodgson) + Stafford (or Stewart) + Grigorenko and a first? I'd do that yesterday.

I think it'd take a better piece for right now, though.

I have a higher opinion of Hodgdon , Stafford and Stewart then most on this board and if I were Columbus I wouldn't take all five of the players you mentioned plus a number 1.

Edited by tom webster

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.