ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

Hoss

So is it bucket of ice water or donate? I've read about the increase in donations to ALS but it seems like every yahoo I know on Facebook is just dumping water on themselves and saying nana nana boo boo and not donating ######.

#hashbrown #photobomb

Edited by inkman

So is it bucket of ice water or donate? I've read about the increase in donations to ALS but it seems like every yahoo I know on Facebook is just dumping water on themselves and saying nana nana boo boo and not donating ######.

#hashbrown #photobomb

That's the basis of it, but I assume that many are doing both. One of my friends did a video announcing that he would donate and then nominated others. It's definitely producing HUGE donations.

#hashbrown #photobomb

Yeah was thinking the same earlier, cheap bastards :P

I'd posted this one in the Thursday thread originally (in response to d4rk's complaint), but Paul Bissonnette of the Coyotes went all-out with his:

He also made a donation. Most celebrities are doing the videos and then donating.

I made my video today after being nominated by my brother. Nominated my girlfriend, three friends and OJ Simpson. Also nominated one of my friends who is being a royal douche about the whole video thing. Said that I would do a donation if he makes a video.

#hashbrown #photobomb

The way i think it works and how i've done it was i pledged $20 when i got nominated. I did the challenge and nominated 3 people, when they do it, i will put in $20 per person who does it, if one of them bails, they owe $100.

The way i think it works and how i've done it was i pledged $20 when i got nominated. I did the challenge and nominated 3 people, when they do it, i will put in $20 per person who does it, if one of them bails, they owe $100.

I like it.

I'm okay with saying no and that you don't believe in the cause. I disagree, but I respect it. I'm okay with quietly donating or pledging to the cause.

I can't stand those who feel like they're above it, and those who are insulting the ones participating. Those people are just losers sitting back doing nothing and scoffing at those having fun doing something.

I do not give one ###### if it's an internet fad. If an internet fad can raise $6 million and make hundreds -- THOUSANDS (maybe even millions) -- more aware of such a horrible thing then ###### those who feel the need to insult it in any way.

I'm okay with saying no and that you don't believe in the cause. I disagree, but I respect it. I'm okay with quietly donating or pledging to the cause.

I can't stand those who feel like they're above it, and those who are insulting the ones participating. Those people are just losers sitting back doing nothing and scoffing at those having fun doing something.

I do not give one ###### if it's an internet fad. If an internet fad can raise $6 million and make hundreds -- THOUSANDS (maybe even millions) -- more aware of such a horrible thing then ###### those who feel the need to insult it in any way.

I have no problems with this fad, but I also don't like people pressuring people into donating.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.