Sabres sign Luke Adam to eternal one-year, two-way deal

Hoss

Surely this is the year that everyone else in the league will be looking to acquire Luke Adam at the trade deadline? He's a top prospect right? bring on the trade offers!

.... .... .... :wallbash:

Save your wall-bashing for things that warrant it. Signing Adam to lead the Roc is a solid move.

Save your wall-bashing for things that warrant it. Signing Adam to lead the Roc is a solid move.

Totally agree that Adam in Rochester is a solid move to give them a vet winger.

I was wall bashing the inevitable trade deadline proposals of including Adam as a prospect that has any value to other teams. Y'know, the Ennis + Adam for Patrick Kane type offers.

Surely this is the year that everyone else in the league will be looking to acquire Luke Adam at the trade deadline? He's a top prospect right? bring on the trade offers!

.... .... .... :wallbash:

Don't give the wookie any ideas.

Edited by shrader

I find it interesting that on the same message board that is willing to lose year after year after year in order to get good, we can view this deal, to someone who only just turned 24, as "eternal".

Edited for grammar. Not much better, but you know what I mean.

Edited by SwampD

I, personally, think this is his last shot to prove himself, hence the 1-year deal.

He was drafted by a different regime, so Murray owes him nothing...and there will be prospects coming up next year who will need spots in Rochester, including Luke's spot.

If he doesn't crack the lineup in Buffalo this year, or at the very least have his best season yet in Rochester...he will no longer be a part of this system come next summer.

I could see him being an add-on in a trade down the road too...I just do not see him in this organization for much longer than this year.

I, personally, think this is his last shot to prove himself, hence the 1-year deal.

He was drafted by a different regime, so Murray owes him nothing...and there will be prospects coming up next year who will need spots in Rochester, including Luke's spot.

If he doesn't crack the lineup in Buffalo this year, or at the very least have his best season yet in Rochester...he will no longer be a part of this system come next summer.

I could see him being an add-on in a trade down the road too...I just do not see him in this organization for much longer than this year.

He is a very good AHLer. Having him around in Ra-cha-cha can take a lot of pressure off the kids. I don't see him with this organization until he retires/bolts for Europe, but do see him here until he wants to see if there are greener pastures elsewhere. He's what you look for to stock the farm club.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.