Islanders Watch - Tank Commander II

X. Benedict

An NHL season is a marathon, and the isles achilles seems to be their lack of depth. Garth and the boys didn't utilize the fluffers and are shooting their load early. I still believe in Tank II.

Actually they shot their load, went flaccid and appear to be on the rise again, beating Anaheim and LA and finishing off their road trip with a win in Phoenix, allowing three goals in the three games.

FU Garth. You couldn't put a good team together if your life depended on it, but the year we have your 1st round pick, the light has clicked on? :angry:

Yeah, does seem a little *too* typical, doesn't it?

That said, this organisation really can't expect others to do their work for them.

FU Garth. You couldn't put a good team together if your life depended on it, but the year we have your 1st round pick, the light has clicked on? :angry:

Well, they're also about to move to Brooklyn and about to change ownership hands in two years. And they do have an elite center and some good young players starting to contribute. They've been pretty patient with their youth.

Well, let's keep the Islanders early season success in context of their scheduled opponents in that time. It's going to get tougher for them, the easy part of their schedule is about to end. Then they'll be facing a slew of top team opponents all the way until xmas.

Let's see how they roll through this part of their schedule, I think many will find they won't hold up.

Well, let's keep the Islanders early season success in context of their scheduled opponents in that time. It's going to get tougher for them, the easy part of their schedule is about to end. Then they'll be facing a slew of top team opponents all the way until xmas.

Let's see how they roll through this part of their schedule, I think many will find they won't hold up.

Yep. It's the Islanders. They're already just a couple of points away from a lottery spot. Have faith!

Yep. It's the Islanders. They're already just a couple of points away from a lottery spot. Have faith!

Not sure if sarcasm detector is down, but it's a bit early to be playing this game, isn't it? Isles are also four points out of the top spot in the league. And Pens are only a few points from missing the playoffs!

Not sure if sarcasm detector is down, but it's a bit early to be playing this game, isn't it? Isles are also four points out of the top spot in the league. And Pens are only a few points from missing the playoffs!

Of those two teams, which do you usually trust to be playing hockey in late April?

People think the Islanders aren't for real now? They look like a playoff team to me. Which my guess if we are lucky will be drafting 1 or 2, and I'm guessing the other first rounders in the 20's. The only way I see the Islanders start falling if they get riddled by injuries.

Yep. Allowed three goals in four games. Halak is coming around. If the Islanders can get through their normal period of holiday funking, they could have something.

• 5 weeks later...

Just the kind of streak needed for the wheels to come off. 3 awful losses in a row.

Halak has been a disaster for 2 consecutive starts and has a .874 sv % in December. He was .950 in November. He's due for the same disastrous fall back to earth that people envision for Enroth.

In Garth We Trust.

• 3 weeks later...

Big game tonight between Jets and Islanders.

Jets win would pull them even with the Blues and will help bring the Islanders back to the Rangers and Caps (both of whom are playing really well right now). The isles have been shaky over the last month - they;ve lost 3 goal leads 4 times (including game vs Sabres) and have won only 4 of 12 in Regulation.

Still hoping we see at least 2 ping pong balls for the Sabres this spring.

Big game tonight between Jets and Islanders.

Jets win would pull them even with the Blues and will help bring the Islanders back to the Rangers and Caps (both of whom are playing really well right now). The isles have been shaky over the last month - they;ve lost 3 goal leads 4 times (including game vs Sabres) and have won only 4 of 12 in Regulation.

Still hoping we see at least 2 ping pong balls for the Sabres this spring.

Wow I knew the jets were playing well but I didn't realize it was that well.

It'd be sweet if they did a weighted lottery with ping-pong balls. DFL team gets 20% of the ping pong balls and so on.

Wait - is that how they do it? Does KPMG observe?

They do it by computerized RNG, I believe, and it is observed by some accountancy firm, as if that lends value to anything. It's not exactly like providing an audited financial statement to a prospective lender, you know?

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.