Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Ryan Miller and Noureen Dewulf welcome their first child, Bodhi...

Bodhi is a term meaning enlightenment.

Hahaha that's my dogs name!

patrick_swayze_bodhi_point_break.jpg

And he's named after this, exact man.

Edited by ubkev

The dude's in-laws are from India....would Darsh, Sandeep, Krishna or Ahmed made you happier?

Don't make me out to be some kind of xenophobe. These are middling celebrities. He takes pictures of the lake and stares at the ice before games in a moment of Zen. She's a so-so actress. If anyone in our respective families would have pulled this name out, for this reason, we'd all be rolling our eyes. They didn't produce some genetic gift to the world, she plopped out a crotch turd, another future terrible human like the rest of us.

Edited by @fakegorbyportwinestain

Don't make me out to be some kind of xenophobe. These are middling celebrities. He takes pictures of the lake and stares at the ice before games in a moment of Zen. She's a so-so actress. If anyone in our respective families would have pulled this name out, for this reason, we'd all be rolling our eyes. They didn't produce some genetic gift to the world, she plopped out a crotch turd, another future terrible human like the rest of us.

Umm yeah, your issue with Miller was never personal.

I don't know what to make out of you.

All goalies are nuts.....but you might hold a trump card of your own.

So basically they pick the strains of influenza that go into the shot each season. Some seasons the get it wrong. I just looked up this seasons stats which usually come out at the end of February or early March when the flu season begins to end.

"When VE against all influenza viruses was combined, the overall VE estimate was 19% (95% CI: 7%– 29%). In practical terms, this means the flu vaccine reduced a person’s risk of having to seek medical care at a doctor’s office for flu illness by 19%."

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/news/updated-vaccine-effectiveness-2014-15.htm

If you got the vaccine it reduced the likelihood of you having to go to the doctor because of fl by 19%. Most years it is much higher but this year they got it wrong. It was the worst year since 2005.

This year the predominant strain in circulation was a H3N2, and yes the vaccine was not a good antigenic match. Still, although the vaccine was less effective at preventing infection as in previous years, having received the vaccine will diminish the duration and severity of symptoms. The CDC and doctors I feel do a poor job of delivering this message.

I don't know what to make out of you.

All goalies are nuts.....but you might hold a trump card of your own.

I'm creepy-crazy. And you're not going to change me. Better shrinks than you have tried. Oh, they tried it all. They finally let me out, and this is the only place that would take me in. You think I'm bad? You should meet my son Zakar-Baal, it means "One with great wisdom and appeal, but he won't score much."

They are middling celebrities.  Why should that affect their choice of name?  If they were true A-listers, would the name be ok?  If he were a welder and she owned an Indian restaurant, would the name be ok?

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.