Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Bob McKenzie mentioned another small rule tweak proposed that is the type of rule that makes a LOT of sense to promoting offense in a subtle way. Right now the visiting team always has to put the stick down first on the faceoff. The rule change would make it that whatever team has their back closest to the net (defensive team) has to do it. This gives the advantage to the offensive player in the dot and helps promote more scoring chances. Like that. Doubt it gets passed.

Bob McKenzie mentioned another small rule tweak proposed that is the type of rule that makes a LOT of sense to promoting offense in a subtle way. Right now the visiting team always has to put the stick down first on the faceoff. The rule change would make it that whatever team has their back closest to the net (defensive team) has to do it. This gives the advantage to the offensive player in the dot and helps promote more scoring chances. Like that. Doubt it gets passed.

So they'd be going reverse USA Hockey rules? Interesting.

Delay of game penalty for shooting the puck over the glass, an automatic penalty anyway, could be gone. Nine years too late for the Sabres.

Where'd you see that? Haven't seen it reported anywhere. All I've seen is that coaches will be able to challenge it when a penalty is called.

Where'd you see that? Haven't seen it reported anywhere. All I've seen is that coaches will be able to challenge it when a penalty is called.

Third paragraph. It's poorly written and probably where you got the idea that it would be reviewable.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=758474&navid=nhl:topheads

Now I see that in another nhl.com story. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=758484

Ugh, that's terrible. Video review for that is a bad idea. That'll be fun.

Putting it in the hands of the guys in Toronto IS NOT GOOD. At least if its automatic there appears to be fairness to all teams involved. I could see this turning into a real mess.

If it's like for a first-time mortgage, the withholding is just a buffer for the account. They would re-coup at the end of the financial year, whatever that is.

Ok, I see. The league estimates up coming year revenue, sets the salary cap, if they estimate to high they takes funds from the escrowed money and return it to the owners. 

Ok, I see. The league estimates up coming year revenue, sets the salary cap, if they estimate to high they takes funds from the escrowed money and return it to the owners. 

Exactly, so it is like a tax to balance the books when everything is over.  So if the players pay in too much escrow (which they always do) they get money back after the final calculation of league wide revenue for the year. At least that is the way I understood it to work. 

I bet Kadri gets more games than we would expect because McDavid

Nazem Kadri is considered a repeat offender by the NHL following his suspension in November 2013. He faces a discipline hearing today.

If you needed more reason to dislike Jack Edwards, read this article, especially the last paragraph on the first page and the first paragraph on the second page:  http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/highschool/article/Scott-Ericson-Power-of-clicks-New-Canaan-s-6133059.php#page-1

This is one of the worst things I've read and sadly I am not at all surprised.  The proliferation of ignorance in this country is killing me.  The concept that everything has to be bigger, louder, more dramatic to get be important is killing me.

We need to ratchet things down a few thousand notches and just live life and by happy.  Perhaps if some slander lawsuits followed those articles it might stop them from reporting it.  I'd rather people take responsibility on their own but if they are unwilling to do it then perhaps they should face a lawsuit.

Ugh.

Exactly, so it is like a tax to balance the books when everything is over.  So if the players pay in too much escrow (which they always do) they get money back after the final calculation of league wide revenue for the year. At least that is the way I understood it to work. 

I bet Kadri gets more games than we would expect because McDavid

Nazem Kadri is considered a repeat offender by the NHL following his suspension in November 2013. He faces a discipline hearing today.

Four games for Kadri.

I think this might be the only thread that it's safe to post in at the moment.

Holy crap, Sabrespace is having a collective meltdown today.

Guys, pull yourselves together.

having you ever seen hell's kitchen?  this is like that but with hockey an russia

Since Kadri is a repeat offender I think the NHL was more lenient than I would have been.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.