6/12/14 - WGR Staff Interviews Tim Murray

26CornerBlitz

Must have dropped in on this thread too many times recently. :lol:

@NicholsOnHockey

Bryan Murray says Tim Murray joked with him about only being on the job for #Sabres a few months and already being stressed. #Sens

[obligatory slam on pegula's meddlesome ways]

being a workaholic curmudgeon GM of the league's worst team. sounds like a recipe for stress. i do hope GM TM works out for an hour a day. needs to burn some of that off.

[obligatory slam on pegula's meddlesome ways]

being a workaholic curmudgeon GM of the league's worst team. sounds like a recipe for stress. i do hope GM TM works out for an hour a day. needs to burn some of that off.

You can tell from the press conference that Murray is forced to do hot yoga with Battista to relax. Terry's orders.

That's just good forward looking planning for when the Buffalo water system ends up contaminated by the PA fracking waters.

If Frank Lloyd Wright was still alive, I'd totally have him design "Frackingwaters" for my family to live in. :)

Link to BufNews with audio of 6.19.14 Timmy press conference with Buffalo media

http://blogs.buffalo...-cap-floor.html

Pretty good presser. Lots of affirmation there of things we already knew or suspected.

• If Ekblad doesn't go #1 and we don't trade down, we take him. We're taking the best player available.
  • No issues with drafting a player and then trading him to better suit needs of team.
  • No big drop off after Ekblad, Reinhart, and Bennett- Draisaitl is up there with them.
  • Would have liked to have won the lottery to see what the trade offers would have been for Ekblad. Possibility he would've traded down from there, depending on offers. (side note: this is potentially relevant if Ekblad drops out of #1; we may entertain offers to trade down)
  • Not worried about the floor, "it's easy to spend money." Concerns about the floor are a distraction.

Other bits:

• Ted and GMTM still working out coaches.
  • Kaleta entering final year of contract, will be at camp. Will be evaluated on the ice.
  • No Spezza talks.
  • Joe Sacco accepted reassignment to pro scout.

Still enjoying GMTM's fresh, blunt matter-of-factness.

The GoDD riffs on GM TM's sartorial stylings are very amusing.

I really like that this guy appears to give zero fukcs about anything other than building a great hockey club.

I'm also not kidding when I worry just a bit about him -- his (heart) health, specifically. He's early 50s, workaholic, who travels a lot and probably has a fairly crap diet. He doesn't appear overly heavy, though. So he's got that going for him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.