Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

Well he could be a Center in Juniors as the best players are but if his style of play suits wing more he could end up an NHL winger. If both are true centers, then there's debate, but if Matthews ends up a winger, no debate IMO

Matthews is a center. He's on Eichel's level.

It's settled then we tank on for one more season!!

Ducks for cover

No reason to tank next year.  With the changes in the lottery and the likelihood that the Sabres miss the playoffs, the Sabres finish just out of the playoffs and then win the lottery.  Edmonton finishes dead last again and ends up picking 4th.  Best case scenario if the Sabres can't make the playoffs.

Yes we will...... Because we're going to acquire somebody's lottery pick using Cody Hodgson.

Let me guess, your visiting Colorado or Washington state and still felt compelled to post.

Arizona has 3 picks in the top 32 and 6 total in the first 3 rounds. I know they are rebuilding, so would it help if we offered a nice package for the 3rd overall pick?? Would you rather go for the 3rd overall pick or O'Reilly?  I would offer our late 1st, a good D prospect, Hodgson and and a 3rd for the 3rd overall pick which would probably be Strome. If I was Arizona I would try and get 2-3 solid players who are nhl ready and can make an impact for the next 10 years

Is this good?

13th overall and a 4th plus Richards (1.5M retained) for the islanders pick[/size]

Depends on how desperate teams get, but that is one bad contract from a team that's in a lot of trouble.

If we could move into the high teens by taking on a bad contract, I'd be ecstatic.

Maybe the falling cap means this is finally the year the cap dump fantasy becomes reality.

Arizona has 3 picks in the top 32 and 6 total in the first 3 rounds. I know they are rebuilding, so would it help if we offered a nice package for the 3rd overall pick?? Would you rather go for the 3rd overall pick or O'Reilly?  I would offer our late 1st, a good D prospect, Hodgson and and a 3rd for the 3rd overall pick which would probably be Strome. If I was Arizona I would try and get 2-3 solid players who are nhl ready and can make an impact for the next 10 years

You're going to need more than that to get the 3rd pick, and if we acquire the 3rd pick I want Hanifin.

I would deal, Zadorov, grigorenko/larson, the Isles pick, the Isles 2nd for #3. Sweetener woulx be Ennis or Foligno. But Inwould want Strome or Marner. Otherwise, I would like to move up to get Provorov. Eichel/Provorov would be a perfect draft for me.

I would deal, Zadorov, grigorenko/larson, the Isles pick, the Isles 2nd for #3. Sweetener woulx be Ennis or Foligno. But Inwould want Strome or Marner. Otherwise, I would like to move up to get Provorov. Eichel/Provorov would be a perfect draft for me.

Eichel, Reinhart, Girgensons, Grigorenko or Larsson, yet you still trade all that for Strome?

I'd sacrifice one of my seconds and the NYI pick to move up and nab a left Dman with PPP potential.

Ideally one falls to us and we get a power winger at 31.

Provorov/Eichel/Boeser or something similar would be a great draft.

Edited by dudacek

Eichel, Reinhart, Girgensons, Grigorenko or Larsson, yet you still trade all that for Strome?

I'd sacrifice one of my seconds and the NYI pick to move up and nab a left Dman with PPP potential.

Eichel and Boeser in the 1st round would blow me away.

Eichel and Provorov is way too much to ever hope for.

Yes. Whether we need him or not he is the nextmost valuable asset. The possibilities are mind numbing. I repeat asset.

Question regarding drafted NCAA players: how much communication are they permitted with their NHL club as an amateur college athlete? Can their NHL team call them up and say "hey you need to work on this" or "hey here's a tip on how to get around the defender?" In college football and basketball that's taboo and risks a player losing their amateur status... How is hockey different, if it is?

I am a Bittner fan as well

Question regarding drafted NCAA players: how much communication are they permitted with their NHL club as an amateur college athlete? Can their NHL team call them up and say "hey you need to work on this" or "hey here's a tip on how to get around the defender?" In college football and basketball that's taboo and risks a player losing their amateur status... How is hockey different, if it is?

Basketball and football players dont play after being drafted. Hockey is like baseball. They work through the schools program. Its not the same

I am a Bittner fan as well

Basketball and football players dont play after being drafted. Hockey is like baseball. They work through the schools program. Its not the same

Sooooo are you saying they can communicate or can't?