Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

Do you have a link for this. Because Garth from Hockeybuzz (I know I know) is freaking out as to why Eichel won't be there lol

No. There was a tweet from Hamilton a few days ago that I'm too lazy to dig up right now.

http://www.tsn.ca/mcdavid-strome-prepared-for-all-lottery-outcomes-1.260030

"If the 18-year-old McDavid, who is between playoff series in the Ontario Hockey League (Erie knocked off London earlier in the week and don't face Sault Ste. Marie until next week) was anxious or nervous, he certainly didn't sound it.

"It should be fun," McDavid said. "I'm really looking forward to it."

As much as it's a big deal for the NHL franchise that gets him, it's just as big a deal for McDavid, and his family (father Brian, mother Kelly and brother Cameron), to find out where he's going to start his highly-anticipated NHL career.

"It is amazing that such a big part of your life is in the fate of some ping pong balls," McDavid said. "Right now, all the balls are in the air. Then these four little numbers come out and it could have a pretty big impact on your life, where you're living, where you're playing hockey, a lot of things. That's exciting.""

my only concern is that Murray is so enamoured with McDavid is that he gives up the farm in order to move up to #1. Im content with just adding Eichel to the long list of prospects the Sabres already have and battling with whichever team is lucky enough to win the lottery tonight.

This thought has crept into my head as well but moreso because the owner is such a superfan.

my only concern is that Murray is so enamoured with McDavid is that he gives up the farm in order to move up to #1. Im content with just adding Eichel to the long list of prospects the Sabres already have and battling with whichever team is lucky enough to win the lottery tonight.

I don't get the impression Murray would be anything more than just disappointed at not winning. I think he knows he probably won't win the lottery. 

From Hoppe's piece this morning:

General manager Tim Murray expects the Sabres will land Eichel.

“I don’t think about the draft lottery. I just assume we’re going to lose, so it’s just another day,” Murray, who wouldn’t talk to reporters this week, told the team’s Web site. “We’ve got an 80 percent chance of losing the lottery. So if I spent my days worrying about that, I’d be a basket case by Saturday. It’s just another day in the process.”

yes, that would be fanastic but I wont be surprised when the next "trade for McDavid" arguement infiltrates this Thread.

It better not.  Keep that bs out of here. 

We have talked a lot about this particular player so here is a detailed write up

Draft Prospect #18: Oliver Kylington

"An outstanding skater, Oliver Kylington can rush the puck and get back into position defensively. He has an excellent stride, which gives him great speed and acceleration in both directions. Excellent agility, edge work, and pivots give him the mobility to cover all areas of the ice and to walk the line on the powerplay in order to open up passing and shooting lanes.  Kylington must add lower body strength and improve his balance, as he can get knocked around in battles for the puck in the corners and while fighting for position front of the net.  He seems a bit skinny out there on the ice at times."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=764207

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=764205

Top four match in both:

1. Edmonton - McDavid

2. Buffalo - Eichel

3. Arizona - Hanifin

4. Toronto - Strome

The top two are obvious. The next two are, as well, but I think the order of the two will be interesting. I think it'll be Hanifin and Strome either way, but I could see Arizona taking Strome.

My best guess at the top 14 picks in the 2015 NHL entry draft

1. Edmonton - McDavid
  2. Buffalo - Eichel
  3. Phoenix - Marner
  4. Toronto - Strome
  5. Carolina - Hanifin
  6. New Jersey - Rantanen
  7. Philadelphia - Crouse
  8. San Jose - Provorov
  9. Columbus - Zacha
  10. Colorado - Werenski
  11. Florida - Meier
  12. Dallas - Roy
  13. Los Angeles - Barzal
  14. Boston - Carlo

I pray to god that this kid slides to round 2 or is available with that 2nd 1st rounder we have.  There is almost nothing about his game I don't like.  He is going to be a very good NHL player one day.

Evgeny Svechnikov - 204lb LW

"Evgeny Svechnikov has good size at 6’3″ and shows off an outstanding wrist shot and release. He also has an impressive snap shot and a very hard one-timer.  When it comes to his shooting arsenal, Svechnikov has pro-ready skills.  However, he is not just a one-trick pony as Svechnikov also has excellent vision and passing ability."

Edited by LGR4GM

Carolina would their pants if Hanifin slid to them.

Could happen though if Arizona takes Marner because I think the Leafs would take Strome over Hanifin.

I think the Coyotes are more likely to take Strome.

Edited by dudacek

Carolina would ###### their pants if Hanifin slid to them.

Could happen though if Arizona takes Marner because I think the Leafs would take Strome over Hanifin.

I think the Coyotes are more likely to take Strome.

I agree with this.  Listening a bit to the Fan 590 yesterday and they had Strome on and the media sure as hell wants him.  I just can't see Marner going 3rd.  I think Strome goes to Arizona as you pointed out and then it's a tough call between Hanifin and Marner for the leafs.

Marner and Domi have played together in London. Domi is a Phoenix prospect.

Philadelphia has drafted left handed defenders in both of the last 2 drafts and I think they won't be able to resist Crouse.

Toronto is definitely taking Strome if he is there at 4.

I should add that Buffalo should keep their 2nd 1st rounder and draft LHD Jakub Zboril with it.  This kid is exactly the type of player you want in your system. 

"Jakub Zboril is a smart, fleet-footed two-way defenseman that plays to his strengths in all three areas of the ice. While he doesn't aim to impress, he does all of the little things right and plays with an edge. The neutral zone is his launching pad: he is able to take off into the offensive end, or backcheck quickly into his own end. Very sound positionally. Smooth skater with lots of energy to burn. Not afraid to lay the body, or take a hit to make the play; can and will stand up for teammates. Possesses good hands and awareness on the ice, as well as a hard shot that is quite accurate. All-in-all, a complete defenseman that is relied upon to offset any oncoming attacks, as well as create chances in the opposing end. (Curtis Joe, EP 2015) - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=112379#sthash.xHDaqVb9.dpuf"

I know they played together in London but I don't think that means much.  I wouldn't want two of my teams top prospects to be under 6' wingers.  Then again, I guess Darcy is with them now so I can see why he would be enamored with that.

I like the sound of Zboril.