2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

@NickBaptiste

Very proud to announce that I have signed an entry level contract with the @BuffaloSabres, excited to be apart of such a great organization!

@SabresPR

The #Sabres have signed 2013 3rd-rd pick Nick Baptiste. His 45 goals in 2013-14 tied him for fourth-best among all OHL skaters.

SABRES SIGN BAPTISTE TO ENTRY-LEVEL DEAL

2013 third-round pick had 45 goals with the OHL's Sudbury Wolves this season

The Buffalo Sabres today announced that the team has signed forward Nicholas Baptiste to a three-year, entry-level contract.

Baptiste (6'1", 196 lbs., 8/4/95), the Sabres’ third-round (69th overall) selection in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for the Sudbury Wolves in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) since 2011.

In 2013-14, Baptiste registered career highs in goals (45), points (89) and assists (44) in 65 games played. His goal and point totals led the Wolves and his 45 goals tied him for fourth-best among all OHL skaters. Through three seasons with the Wolves, Baptiste has played in 195 games and recorded 164 points (74+90). The Ottawa native also earned a gold medal while playing with Team Canada at the 2013 U18 World Junior Championship in Sochi, Russia.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Think Moe-ray-all might be regretting that Gomez trade right about now?What a beast of a pairing McDonagh and PK would have been.

That's right. But I feel like we are in a time warp! McDounagh is great, but that was 7 years ago! This rebuild is going to be a long process! I'm willing to wait, but it's going to be at least 4 years, I guess

Watch some of Linus Ullmark's games. The way he moves is effortless. I have high hopes for him but time will tell.

Linus Ullmark is 6'3" 198lbs which is also a great size for a GT these days.

This is a good place to put the "Linus Ullmark can dance" video that Kris Baker posted earlier this week:

http://youtu.be/nr0WNmdg0uw

Plus I hear he can do pull-ups.

Edited by Robviously

King Henrik begs to differ. :huh:

Good and Henrik are different.

To me, the style of play a team in front of a goalie is what matters with few exceptions. Defensive teams will have good goalies. Aggressive offensive teams will have bad ones.

The word is that Sam Bennett couldn't even do one pull-up at the combine. That's

downright pathetic. I'm an old geezer, desk-jockey, recovering from a car accident,

and I can still do a few. I said it before, the Sabres must not draft this kid. Ekblad or

Reinhart are the best options.

2 years ago at the draft there were rumors that Grigo was lazy and didn't compete

hard. We should have listened then. If Tim Murray repeats that kind of mistake,

then it's deja vu all over again and the Sabres ain't going nowhere.

Just saying.

The word is that Sam Bennett couldn't even do one pull-up at the combine. That's

downright pathetic. I'm an old geezer, desk-jockey, recovering from a car accident,

and I can still do a few. I said it before, the Sabres must not draft this kid. Ekblad or

Reinhart are the best options.

2 years ago at the draft there were rumors that Grigo was lazy and didn't compete

hard. We should have listened then. If Tim Murray repeats that kind of mistake,

then it's deja vu all over again and the Sabres ain't going nowhere.

Just saying.

Horrible assessment of Bennett. :doh: Equating the on ice ability of a prospect to the number of pullups performed is just plain asinine.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Horrible assessment of Bennett. :doh: Equating the on ice ability of a prospect to the number of pullups performed is just plain asinine.

If he was the next Wayne Gretzky and couldn't do a pull-up, I wouldn't care.

But this is the next Doug "Killer" Gilmour. Can you imagine the chirping?

Hey Sam, good to see you, we thought you drown....couldn't pull yourself out of a swimming pool.

Dude. Pull-ups are easy. If he can't do any then he's not an athlete.

This is a good place to put the "Linus Ullmark can dance" video that Kris Baker posted earlier this week:

http://youtu.be/nr0WNmdg0uw

Plus I hear he can do pull-ups.

He's no Norm Maracle

Kane could barely lift the barbell in his draft year. Should he have been passed on too?

Bennetts's game is built on speed and compete. You don't need pull-up ability for that. The muscles used in a pull-up (primarily lats) are pretty much not used in ice hockey

Lack of ability to do a pull up only tells me that he's going to need a year of strength training before he's NHL ready. I really don't see where it indicates anything else.

I would say at least one year and possibly 2 years before he is NHL ready. He simply does not have an NHL body yet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.