2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

To take that a step further, our number 30 prospect, Tim Schaller, has a decent shot of getting some at action in the NHL this year. Our number 21 prospect, Deslauriers, will probably be an NHL regular.

Maybe I'm totally wrong but I'd be shocked if Schaller saw NHL duty...ever. It would definitely be an indictment of the other AHL prospects who are supposed to be vastly more talented (Armia, Grigs).

Maybe I'm totally wrong but I'd be shocked if Schaller saw NHL duty...ever. It would definitely be an indictment of the other AHL prospects who are supposed to be vastly more talented (Armia, Grigs).

You've seen Schaller more than I have, but I liked his play down the stretch and in the playoffs a lot. He's got size and edge and defensive awareness.

He will never be more than a guy at the bottom edges of a roster, but I can see him having a Matt Ellis type career.

And I think he gets a taste this year over Ellis when McCormick goes down with his inevitable injury.

Armia and Grigs aren't going to get the call to get fourth-line minutes.

Never get enough of reading about how stocked the Sabre's cupboards are :beer:

Old Mother Hubbard

Went to the cupboard,

To give the poor dog a bone;

When she came there,

The cupboard was bare,

And so the poor dog had none.

She went to the baker's

To buy him some bread;

When she came back

The dog was dead!

Old Mother Hubbard

Went to the cupboard,

To give the poor dog a bone;

When she came there,

The cupboard was bare,

And so the poor dog had none.

She went to the baker's

To buy him some bread;

When she came back

The dog was dead!

Great! Now I'm ready for work this Monday morning.

[/size][/font][/color]

As for me, I think Carrier is the bust-out guy from that 11-15 pool. I think he might just have it.

Baker also notes that the farm is starting to get light on D. I don't want Murray to pull a "reverse Darcy." I hope to see some balance.

It's crazy how cyclical the drafting game is, isn't it? We're actually in the middle of an odd stretch where you can actually bulk up the O and the D at the same time thanks to all the picks. That pretty much never happens with the standard set of 7 draft picks... unless you hit a home run or two in the late rounds.

I think we're set up now where we can pretty much take BPA next draft. I really hope we pick 1 or 2 next year but if we end up with say third, right now the third and fourth ranked prospects are D. I don't want to have to take the next best forward just because we are short up front. I like our balance right now.

I think we're set up now where we can pretty much take BPA next draft. I really hope we pick 1 or 2 next year but if we end up with say third, right now the third and fourth ranked prospects are D. I don't want to have to take the next best forward just because we are short up front. I like our balance right now.

Noah Hanifin would be the guy, probably.

Surprise development of the year:

Grigorenko gets it, earning praise for his effort, dedication and coachability in Rochester

Zadorov pouts after not making the big club, gets criticized for being undisciplined and going through the motions in junior, and whispers start about him wanting a trade, or heading to the KHL.

Grigorenko gets it, earning praise for his effort, dedication and coachability in Rochester

Zadorov pouts after not making the big club, gets criticized for being undisciplined and going through the motions in junior, and whispers start about him wanting a trade, or heading to the KHL.

Is this a prediction?

All that can happen if we can land McDavid. But in all honesty lets not go there.

The 2013 draft may go down as day that turned the Buffalo Sabres around.

In the first round it looks like we got two NHL defencemen each of which has first-pairing upside.

In Carrier, Fasching, Compher and Baptiste, we got four guys who are very likely to play in the NHL.

Bailey and Hurley are not sure things, but they have middle-six skill sets.

Possler, Peterson, Florentino and Malone are longshots but each has outplayed where he was drafted.

Most drafts are successful if you get two NHLers. It's hard to say where any of these players top out, but we could end up with a third of a team.

Edited by dudacek

I could see Carrier passing Armia but I will be very disappointed if McCabe passes Risto.

Sometimes it is all about development

If McCabe makes the show, it might only mean he is closer to his ceiling and won't benefit as much from AHL ice time. The nice thing about the reboot is nobody needs to be rushed.

I could see Carrier passing Armia but I will be very disappointed if McCabe passes Risto.

I'll be really surprised. Risto looked like a young Rob Blake in the A last year. He controlled play throughout. If McCabe is better than Risto, the Sabres are looking at a vast improvement in wins.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.