World Cup 2014

Sabres Fan in NS

Ok, they could have drawn if the referee weren't an idiot and if the fix weren't in, then. Because they certainly played well enough.

Mexico just got screwed out of a goal, but it wasn't a blatant bad decision.

Croatia is a good side. Good enough to make it look as if the fix was not in.

I prefer watching the US Women's Team. Those ladies are the toughest in the game of soccer. They don't dive and they don't milk injuries because they don't want to look weak. It really makes the men's soccer shenanigans look ridiculous.

I'm guessing this is all on cable, right? ANything on broadcast TV?

EDIT: ah, there are a few games on weekend afternoons that are on ABC. Which my antenna doesn't pick up (and I'm not going to carve out time from my weekend to watch somewhere else). Ah well.

Edited by MattPie

I'm guessing this is all on cable, right? ANything on broadcast TV?

CBC.ca is streaming every match LIVE and televising every match LIVE, on the national network.

I think TSN in Canada.

ESPN has all matches and ABC will have weekend matches, I think.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I play an indoor men's league at the Sports Garden in Henrietta, in my opinion the diving/acting is the worst part of the professional/world game.

Just look on YouTube for videos of players getting hit in the arm (or not at all) and reeling back clutching their face in a death throe or ragdolling limbs every which way clutching their shins on a fair challange only to pop up after the whistle.

Don't even get me started on the magical healing properties of the "sports spray," slide tackle apparently broke an ankle? Good thing we have this magical canister of spray so this guy can pop up after a few minutes of trainer attention and a drink of water ready to take the PK that he was just awarded for his Oscar winning performance.

I broke a toe on a awkward save (I play goal, ball came off the back boards awkwardly and already down I stuck out my foot last ditch to get in the way of the shot and toe'd the ball the same time as a full shot by the attacker) played the rest of the half ~15min and only realized it was worse than a sprain/jammed toe when I fell going to refil my water bottle at half. Couldn't put any weight on it, and it was already the size of a kiwi and purple. No screaming and acting like I just witnessed my family murdered with a machete just a "sorry guys" and a walking boot for a couple weeks.

2010 World Cup final rematch time

Football just isn't hockey. I really want to like it more but it just lacks the pace of hockey. Plus sometimes it's nice to watch someone use power to muscle passed an opponent - this just can't happen in football

Edited by ThirtyEight

It was the slightest touch. Didn't warrant a penalty. ESPECIALLY in the box. The Dutch player didn't go out of his way to impede his scoring chance.

I guess it falls under the annoying category of soccer players who would rather fall down and draw a penalty than actually try to play through and score on their own.

Van Persie. Who else?

It was the slightest touch. Didn't warrant a penalty. ESPECIALLY in the box. The Dutch player didn't go out of his way to impede his scoring chance.

I guess it falls under the annoying category of soccer players who would rather fall down and draw a penalty than actually try to play through and score on their own.

If you don't want a penalty, stay off the floor and don't tangle your legs with your opponents' legs. It's a foul anywhere on the field.

What a beauty by RVP!

I am just amazed by the presence of mind not to trap that ball and kick it, but rather to flick it up. Brilliant.

Rarely do you see a goal tender get so fooled that he simply watches it go in without moving

Here come the Dutch!