World Cup 2014

Sabres Fan in NS

Germany has alot of injuries, Neuer one of the best goalies in the world won't make it, no Mario gomez who has been their go to man in the attack for several years.

Also no Schweinsteiger and possibly without their best defenseman lahm.

Germany is loaded at keeper, and Neuer is ready to go, Lahm is good to go and Schweiny is in training……..Gomez is a loss but this could lead to interesting talent replacing in a different manner…….Going with Goetze or Ozil as a false 9 with Klose coming in as a super sub……..Kevin Volland has also been lining up at striker and he is a young player coming off a great season……..Podolski might also fill the roll of ST/false 9 and Reus playing LW

Roman Weidenfeller is ready to be Germany's No1 at the FIFA World Cup™ this summer if Manuel Neuer fails to recover from a shoulder injury. Doubts persist about Neuer's fitness after he joined the national team with his arm in a sling last week. It is not yet known when or if the Bayern Munich custodian will be able to start training.

Same goes for lahm and schweinsteiger, injured and clearly not ready to go :D

I should have just said "American football" or "gridiron football" in my post; I think it's the same thing to non-Americans.

I'm beginning to find college football boring. It now has nearly as many stoppages as the pro game, it has controversy everywhere, there are usually only one or two nationally televised games each weekend that are interesting, etc.

Rugby is a better game. (I'm not saying better athletes, just a better game).

Don't think so, Neuer would surpise me, all i hear is he won't make it, Lahm and schweinsteiger are possible though.

All of them back with the team practising…….Neuer was running and keeping in shape……Arm unwrapped…….Still has over 2 weeks before their first game……Just watched a video of them back at work.

Fwiw, the US is ranked 14th in the world, Ghana is ranked 38th.

If Klinsman feels the team is better off without Donovan due to chemistry or whatever reasons he has I trust his judgement. His job is not to field the best 23 players, but the 23 players he feels gives them the best chance to win based on his vision and the direction he wants to take the team.

This team has talent. Bradley may not be top ten in the world, but there are very few line-ups he wouldn't be able to crack. Same with Dempsey. Howard is solid in goal. Cameron is a damn good defender. Altidore can score if he's on his game. Jones is very under rated due to injuries and most peoples lack of knowledge/interest in the German league.

This team has talent, just not depth.

Maybe my nationalistic pride is getting the better of me, but I see them beating Ghana 2 nil, scoreless draw with Portugal, losing to Germany 1 nil and advancing on tie breaker. Beating Russia in the round of 16 and losing to Argentina in the round of eight.

USA! USA! USA!

Just a few more sleeps until it all starts up.

Many star players are out, or questionable.

And now we know the answer to the most important question, at least for some teams ...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/brazil2014/world-cup-sex-managers-state-preferred-positions-1.2667830

Fwiw, the US is ranked 14th in the world, Ghana is ranked 38th.

If Klinsman feels the team is better off without Donovan due to chemistry or whatever reasons he has I trust his judgement. His job is not to field the best 23 players, but the 23 players he feels gives them the best chance to win based on his vision and the direction he wants to take the team.

This team has talent. Bradley may not be top ten in the world, but there are very few line-ups he wouldn't be able to crack. Same with Dempsey. Howard is solid in goal. Cameron is a damn good defender. Altidore can score if he's on his game. Jones is very under rated due to injuries and most peoples lack of knowledge/interest in the German league.

This team has talent, just not depth.

Maybe my nationalistic pride is getting the better of me, but I see them beating Ghana 2 nil, scoreless draw with Portugal, losing to Germany 1 nil and advancing on tie breaker. Beating Russia in the round of 16 and losing to Argentina in the round of eight.

USA! USA! USA!

I'd be happy with that.

Maybe, just maybe, now that corporate money is involved: http://www.bbc.com/s...otball/27751265

This is the beauty of the Internet and Corporate Capitalism.

We all find out about these things, and it scares the pants off the CEO's of associated Corporations. It's so easy for a negative social media campaign to pop up, and it's every PR/Marketing Manager's nightmare.

glad for Hank's take on the chances for USA to advance out of a group of death. my realistic hope is that we take 2 points in the opening round, and keep germany to a 1-goal game. i will be over the moon if we advance.

as for FIFA's being exposed in re the bidding process, this is long overdue. i think that FIFA boasts the world's largest discrepancy between its ostensible mission and how it actually operates. the whole apparatus needs to be de-centralized.

2 more sleeps.

Ramadan starts at the end of June. I wonder how this might effect observant Muslim players on many teams. I know BiH has many observant players, as well as France and many other Euro sides. Not to mention Iran ...

I imagine it won't? Can't you just delay Ramadan if you have a good reason? I thought the London Olympics were over ramadan too and the British athletes just delayed it by a month

I imagine it won't? Can't you just delay Ramadan if you have a good reason? I thought the London Olympics were over ramadan too and the British athletes just delayed it by a month

You are correct, but the key is with good reason.

Bottom line it is between you and Allah.

Let's get it started. Let all the world see the colossial waste, fraud and abuse in the name of the world's most popular sport. 11.5B dollars down the proverbial drain to play 64 games. Ludicrous.

Let's get it started. Let all the world see the colossial waste, fraud and abuse in the name of the world's most popular sport. 11.5B dollars down the proverbial drain to play 64 games. Ludicrous.

2B in salaries for players alone in the NHL, every year. I'll bet total expenses get to 11B.

Entertainment is expensive.

2B in salaries for players alone in the NHL, every year. I'll bet total expenses get to 11B.

Entertainment is expensive.

The NHL doesn't build 12 arenas that will essentially be abandoned one month after they are used.

The NHL doesn't build 12 arenas that will essentially be abandoned one month after they are used.

Yeah, yeah - yadda yadda.

Ole' Ole'!

(The FIFA/Brazil combination has been repugnant in terms of waste and poor resource management. But. Whatever. World Cup, baby!)

Edited by That Aud Smell

Yeah, yeah - yadda yadda.

Ole' Ole'!

(The FIFA/Brazil combination has been repugnant in terms of waste and poor resource management. But. Whatever. World Cup, baby!)

Edited by wjag