World Cup 2014

Sabres Fan in NS

:(

The Bosnians deserved a better result against Argentina.

An own goal, due to nerves, in the first 3 minutes of your first match in such a huge tournament was the difference.

I do think that their manager made a tactical error in changing his formation to a more traditional look. He needed to go with what got them there ... a 4 - 3 - 2 formation. They won their qualifying group on a huge goal differential. The Bosnians scored 30 odd goals in qualifying, with their 2 strikers having around 10 each.

I understand that he did not want Messi to beat them, but it's as if the Bills destroyed the Raiders in the AFC Championship game and then abandoned the no huddle attack in the SB against the Giants. Well, news flash, arguably, the best player on the planet will get his chances. Wherever Messi was a marker was right there. He was a non-factor for the first half and when the guard slipped just for a second ... a beautiful goal for Messi.

Once Messi scored that goal to make it 2 - 0 the Bosnians changed up their formation and their second striker, who may be better than their #1, scored. So, the difference was the own goal. The Bosnians controlled the play and had better chances, IMO.

They played for a draw, at least initially, and lost that gamble, but then again it almost worked, except for that damn own goal early.

Anyway, if you are a fan of relentless attacking football, you should watch the next 2 Bosnian matches. Neither Iran, nor Nigeria, have a Messi type player. So, it should be all out attack mode.

I predict two high scoring wins for the Dragons.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

:(

The Bosnians deserved a better result against Argentina.

An own goal, due to nerves, in the first 3 minutes of your first match in such a huge tournament was the difference.

I do think that their manager made a tactical error in changing his formation to a more traditional look. He needed to go with what got them there ... a 4 - 3 - 2 formation. They won their qualifying group on a huge goal differential. The Bosnians scored 30 odd goals in qualifying, with their 2 strikers having around 10 each.

I understand that he did not want Messi to beat them, but it's as if the Bills destroyed the Raiders in the AFC Championship game and then abandoned the no huddle attack in the SB against the Giants. Well, news flash, arguably, the best player on the planet will get his chances. Wherever Messi was a marker was right there. He was a non-factor for the first half and when the guard slipped just for a second ... a beautiful goal for Messi.

Once Messi scored that goal to make it 2 - 0 the Bosnians changed up their formation and their second striker, who may be better than their #1, scored. So, the difference was the own goal. The Bosnians controlled the play and had better chances, IMO.

They played for a draw, at least initially, and lost that gamble, but then again it almost worked, except for that damn own goal early.

Anyway, if you are a fan of relentless attacking football, you should watch the next 2 Bosnian matches. Neither Iran, nor Nigeria, have a Messi type player. So, it should be all out attack mode.

I predict two high scoring wins for the Dragons.

Relentless attacking football was exactly my criticism while watching the game with friends last night. Sometimes two or three Bosnians on the same ball. That's not going to work at this level. They need to spread the field more and learn how to pass back. I don't think I saw one pass back the entire second half.

Ronaldo is such a crybaby. Yes, I'm completely ignorant on all things soccer, but he's been whining seemingly this entire game. Is this usual for him?

Yea. He had a legitimate gripe on that last freak out but he went too far. Was a definite penalty in the box.

He's been mediocre today considering his skill. Teammates aren't helping, at all.

Ronaldo is such a crybaby. Yes, I'm completely ignorant on all things soccer, but he's been whining seemingly this entire game. Is this usual for him?

World footballer of the year.

And, yes this is the usual for him, when things don't go absolutely his way.

Total meltdown. And we really could have used a draw here.

A strong win against the Black Stars today, and it will come down to drawing Portugal and not getting killed by a German team that will have already clinched the group.

This could work out well.