World Cup 2014

Sabres Fan in NS

The NHL doesn't build 12 arenas that will essentially be abandoned one month after they are used.

They'll get some use, but I definitely see your point.

Olympics are an even bigger waste in that regard.

Not to mention the fact that they just swept the homeless masses under the carpet ... shameful.

I hate all the corruption and waste, but I love football.

GO BiH!!

On corruption: Have you seen the latest from Sepp? Now anyone who is questioning the Qatar process is a racist.

My annual attempt to enjoy watching soccer is set to begin! Even after playing it in a rec league (great fun), it's just not a sport I get much out of on TV.

That said, I hope the games are great for the rest of you, and go USA!

Edited by TrueBluePhD

quite right. the whole piece was pitch perfect.

i just llllllloooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the world cup.

but FIFA needs to fall, and fall hard.

I absolutely love this guy. That's "huge for Jesus" line was awesome.

Guest Sloth

When it comes to soccer, I've never been a fan of Brazil. Hope they don't make the round of 16. Pulling for Croatia today!

Landon Donovan will be an analyst for ESPN at the World Cup. This will be mighty interesting when Team USA is the topic.

They'll get some use, but I definitely see your point.

Olympics are an even bigger waste in that regard.

On corruption: Have you seen the latest from Sepp? Now anyone who is questioning the Qatar process is a racist.

Doesn't Brazil have the Olympics soon too? So, they will be able to use the stadiums for that, maybe?

As for Sepp ... I avoid him like the plague, but I did hear something about that. Not only would any detractors be racist, but also anti-Islam. A two for one deal, right there.

=====

When it comes to soccer, I've never been a fan of Brazil. Hope they don't make the round of 16. Pulling for Croatia today!

I am no fan of Brazil, but I hope they beat up on the Croatians today.

On the other hand a BiH - HR final would be awesome.

Too lazy / at work to look up if that final match-up would even be possible.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

So, Brazil survives an own goal in the first 12 minutes. What were the odds of that.

The Croats had no chance.

Neymar is a keeper, for sure.

They could have drawn if the referee weren't an idiot.

Guest Sloth

They could have drawn if the referee weren't an idiot.

Agreed. Brazil played terrible. The ref gave them the w. If Brazil continues to play the way they did yesterday, they will not go far. And let's give Croatia some credit. They played a good game.

Agreed. Brazil played terrible. The ref gave them the w. If Brazil continues to play the way they did yesterday, they will not go far. And let's give Croatia some credit. They played a good game.

Why the hell would the Refs be giving the game to Brazil??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2357453/Brazilian-referee-beheaded-Angry-fans-head-stake-stabbing-player.html

...oh.

:ph34r:

\

It was an inartful, defensive game, but it was enough to deserve the draw.

Nope. Was never going to happen, even if the ref was not an idiot.

FIFA wants / needs Brazil to be in the final 4, at least.

Mexico - Cameroon underway.

Ok, they could have drawn if the referee weren't an idiot and if the fix weren't in, then. Because they certainly played well enough.

Mexico just got screwed out of a goal, but it wasn't a blatant bad decision.

Edited by Eleven