Darcy's New Gig?

MILFHUNTER#518

"Regier and coach Ron Rolston were fired lasat November when Buffalo got off to a 4-15-1 start, the start in franchise history and just short of tying the NHL record."

The rest of the article is reasonably well written, I wonder what the hell happened here.

From the article:

The Islanders' International Hockey League affiliate (the IHL used to be the NHL's main feeder) won back-to-back championships -- the Denver Grizzlies in 1994-95 and Utah Grizzlies in 1995-96).

Wait. What?

I agree. It would be interesting though to see what he does with the 'yotes if he does indeed get the gig...

The team will get smaller. They won't be able to compete in the playoffs. DR will overvalue mediocre wingers and he won't draft a center but once every 5-7 years.

The team will get smaller. They won't be able to compete in the playoffs. DR will overvalue mediocre wingers and he won't draft a center but once every 5-7 years.

I would bet on the opposite. He learned how flawed his teams were without good center play and how size is important.

I would bet on the opposite. He learned how flawed his teams were without good center play and how size is important.

Darcy is an old dog you can't teach new tricks. Devine IMPO is the reason for the Sabres change in drafting philosophy. You could be right by I doubt it.

That's just incomplete (and therefore incorrect); the IHL stood side-by-side with the AHL as a top farm league for a period of time.

I know the IHL tried very hard over a few years to make themselves a peer of the 'A' but thought they were considered a half-step behind in terms of overall skill and lacked the prestige of the 'A.'

And I didn't realize anybody considered the 'I' to be the primary feeder league. My own personal bias at work, I suppose.

EDIT: In somewhat related news, former 'Yotes CEO Mike Neely will now be the director of the Fiesta Bowl. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/05/05/nealy-tabbed-as-fiesta-bowl-executive-director/8722863/

Edited by Campy

I know the IHL tried very hard over a few years to make themselves a peer of the 'A' but thought they were considered a half-step behind in terms of overall skill and lacked the prestige of the 'A.'

And I didn't realize anybody considered the 'I' to be the primary feeder league. My own personal bias at work, I suppose.

The I was seriously trying to figure out how to compete w/ the NHL in the early '90's. They didn't have the vet player maxes that the A had, and still has.

Douggie Moss was at the helm when it went tits up.

If you don't want to care about Darcy Regier, why would you click on a thread entitled, "Darcy's New Gig?"

No need to get pointlessly hostile. I already knew what the news was in this thread. My comment wasn't an insult or anything. Just a general comment that we should stop caring about this guy.

Can we just not care about him anymore?

I'm interested in where he goes. There was much speculation here whether or not he would ever get another GM gig or not.

This might be pretty close to it.

Darcy could build a winning team. He just couldn't seem to think boldly enough to build a cup winner.

No need to get pointlessly hostile. I already knew what the news was in this thread. My comment wasn't an insult or anything. Just a general comment that we should stop caring about this guy.

Yeah, I was practically foaming at the mouth there.

I'm interested in where he goes. There was much speculation here whether or not he would ever get another GM gig or not.

This might be pretty close to it.

Darcy could build a winning team. He just couldn't seem to think boldly enough to build a cup winner.

He will land somewhere.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.