GDT: Buffalo at Boston 4-12-14 at 12:30 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

What would be the rationale? Completely clean check with Paille having just played the puck.

He was still playing the puck. McCabe just.... separated him from it. Really, watch the way the puck goes and which way Paille was leaning when he got hit. Good clean hockey play right there.

They called it interference. I just don't see it.

At the moment of impact, Paille still thought he had control of the puck.

Disgusting response, the man talks about passion, yet he refuses to show any, no matter what injustices are done to his team.

Maybe he's trying to end the ridiculous excuse-making this team and its fans have been doing for years. Not having a whining, sniveling jooooke behind the bench is pretty refreshing.

Edited by PASabreFan

Maybe he's trying to end the ridiculous excuse-making this team and its fans have been doing for years. Not having a whining, sniveling jooooke behind the bench is pretty refreshing.

Having a Dick Jauron clone is not. Maybe if Nolan would stick up for his players once in a while, I'd feel different.

Edited by kishoph

Refreshing? The team is beyond window dressing. There is nothing to embellish.

I'm starting to wonder if Teddy gets any respect from the officials either, the players certainly don't.

Not that rookies ever get the benefit of many calls.

I thought Mark McGuire was the face of the steroid era, or Barry Bonds.

I can buy that but Arod and not to mention Clemens and Giambi, are at the very least their wingmen. No team is innocent in this (?) era. Players on every team took stuff to gain an advantage. No Yankee fan should ever acuse Red Sox of steroid use. I'm fully aware Manny and Ortiz are not innocent but they haven't been proven guilty as Red Sox either.

Edited by inkman

I don't think Nolan has any reason to say anything to the media. I'll be happy with his comments to the players in the locker room. You can bet those are more thoughtful than what he is going to feed us in this mess of a season.

Edited by d4rksabre

Is there even a rule in the book that allows a five minute major for interference?

WTF.

Yes there is

56.4 Major Penalty - The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a major penalty, based on the degree of violence, to a player guilty of interfering with an opponent (see 56.5).

Only it wasn't interference.

This game was a steaming turd by the refs. I think they've quit on the season as well.

I don't think Nolan has any reason to say anything to the media. I'll be happy with his comments to the players in the locker room. You can bet those are more thoughtful than what he is going to feed us in this mess of a season.

I'm not one to usually glean much from a presser with a coach. Sure they can shed light on injuries in a binary way. But most of what they have to say is said with shift time, line changes, and systems.

But having said that, Nolan really can't say much with the roster he's given; Scott gets a semi-regular shift. That pretty much says it all.

I'm not one to usually glean much from a presser with a coach. Sure they can shed light on injuries in a binary way. But most of what they have to say is said with shift time, line changes, and systems.

But having said that, Nolan really can't say much with the roster he's given; Scott gets a semi-regular shift. That pretty much says it all.

Yup. He's just trying to finish the season without looking like a dick around the league. He obviously wants to be taken seriously as a coach.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.