Jake McCabe signs 3 Year ELC with Sabres

26CornerBlitz

!ZOMG!TOOSOON! :rolleyes:

Someone better go check on Glass Case of Emotion.

And as for not going after any of the college UFAs, I don't think those are the kind of guys they're interested in right now. We don't need more low ceiling prospects. That's pretty much what these guys are.

I'm one who always jumps on these numbers going out too soon but I have no problem here. Guys who are very good but not great and do a lot for the team/community deserve a year off. Pommer was gone over a year ago so this is fine with me.

I'm one who always jumps on these numbers going out too soon but I have no problem here. Guys who are very good but not great and do a lot for the team/community deserve a year off. Pommer was gone over a year ago so this is fine with me.

He's still on the payroll.

We should remember the kid is still a prospect. These games at the end of the season can be important if the Sabres want to use McCabe in a trade. It gives teams interested in a young defenseman some game tape at the NHL level to review.

I would agree with this except it would run counter to Murray's philosophy. He keeps saying he wants young NHL ready prospects, which is exactly what Jake McCabe is. I don't think they have any intention of trading him.

We should remember the kid is still a prospect. These games at the end of the season can be important if the Sabres want to use McCabe in a trade. It gives teams interested in a young defenseman some game tape at the NHL level to review.

They got the kid to turn pro early just to trade him? Not buying it. I think he'll be a top four Sabres' defenseman for many years to come.

Beauty.

Actually I want to rescind that suggestion; Weber already owns that name. I think Weber is on his way out; he doesn't seem to be a Murray type player. He's got okay skills but doesn't have the Hockey IQ that Murray seems to value- makes the "safe" play, like rimming the puck around the boards to get it out of a hot area, but seems like he'll miss an option that would lead to a clean breakout and instead sends it to the point where the opposition intercepts it.... that kind of thing. Sometimes rimming it is the right thing, but sometimes not and he doesn't take the situation in before he does it.

McCabe played fine last night. He was no worse that the rest of the Dmen out there for us, and better than some. He did get jumped by the speed of the game a few times but it wasn't too bad.

I would agree with this except it would run counter to Murray's philosophy. He keeps saying he wants young NHL ready prospects, which is exactly what Jake McCabe is. I don't think they have any intention of trading him.

McNabb says, "hello". However, I don't see him being traded in the relative future. I didn't watch the game but between Paul Hamilton and Nolans praise it seems like he's an upgrade over almost anyone not named Ehrhoff, Myers, Ristolainen and possibly Pysyk. That would also vary on if someone pays an abnormal high price. But, again unlikely.

I really thought Folin was a nice idea, but for whatever reason it wasn't in the cards. Good for Minnesota.

Edited by TheCerebral1

Actually I want to rescind that suggestion; Weber already owns that name. I think Weber is on his way out; he doesn't seem to be a Murray type player. He's got okay skills but doesn't have the Hockey IQ that Murray seems to value- makes the "safe" play, like rimming the puck around the boards to get it out of a hot area, but seems like he'll miss an option that would lead to a clean breakout and instead sends it to the point where the opposition intercepts it.... that kind of thing. Sometimes rimming it is the right thing, but sometimes not and he doesn't take the situation in before he does it.

McCabe played fine last night. He was no worse that the rest of the Dmen out there for us, and better than some. He did get jumped by the speed of the game a few times but it wasn't too bad.

No.. I figured the point was that we wouldn't be able to tell him apart by his nickname. can't we have "But Not Out 1" and "But Not Out 2" at least? And so on...

Edited by LTS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.