APRIL IS "FAN APPRECIATION MONTH" IN BUFFALO

26CornerBlitz

Had to state the obvious, I would "appreciate" it being April 15th already with the securing of the 1st pick and having the Islanders decision. Followed by, additionally "appreciating" the season being over. :) I appreciate TMGM and the effort he's putting in.

Are you kidding? The guy freaking aggregates everything into every GDT and you're going to complain about it? He must spend at least an hour and a half every game day. I don't care if he works for the Kremlin.

I'm no complaining about the GDTs, which I'm sure many people find useful. I just don't think we need tire-pumping threads like this, that's all. Sports teams — all big businesses — infiltrate message boards and social media all the time. It's smart.

Easy solution....Don't click on the thread. BTW, the ridiculous conspiracy theories are a bit much....but enjoy. :unsure:

I had to click on it. I assumed it was going to be a snarky ripjob on the franchise, which would be well deserved, don't you think?

I had to click on it. I assumed it was going to be a snarky ripjob on the franchise, which would be well deserved, don't you think?

Do you and GoDD work for the Bills? Are you only posting here in an attempt to stop the flow of WNY sporting dollars away from the Football Franchise? We're you hired by the Team, or the NFL? CBS? The Illuminati? WHO DO YOU WORK FOR!?!?

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

I'm no complaining about the GDTs, which I'm sure many people find useful. I just don't think we need tire-pumping threads like this, that's all. Sports teams — all big businesses — infiltrate message boards and social media all the time. It's smart.

How is it 'tire pumping?' He posted an article w/out editorializing. People righfully snarked it up pretty much from the get go. I don't get the animus for the OP.

I have central air but it really doesn't do much for the upstairs. I will buy a fan tomorrow. And I will appreciate it. If the Sabres want to appreciate me, they can refund a hundred or two out of what I paid to watch an AHL team. Won't happen. Some music, t-shirts, and hot dogs aren't going to make me feel better, either.

Hi Angry 11,

Fans are great to help circulate that cool air. We have heat pumps (ductless) in the kitchen and master bedroom. We have used strategery (shout out to dubya) in placing fans and open up all the doors. It really helps. Go for it, man.

Also, I think you are justifiably angry.

I have to agree. Look no further than Boston for a team that makes shrewd personal decisions and lately anyways is always in the conversation when the stanley cup is mentioned. We'll get there but it'll take a boatload of faith and some pain along the way. I hated being that team that always just snuck in ( or didn't ) and never seemed to improve enough to fulfill the promise that management sold us.

I'm glad someone finally brought up the Bruins - they seem to do awfully well with every move they make. They even turned Dan Paille into a decent NHL player. No reason to think the Sabres HAVE to suck for two or three seasons before turning it around.

Tanking and then trolling for the #1 overall pick probably has the most chance of giving you some top-notch talent, but trades and free angency work also IF you have a GM who knows what he is doing and a scouting staff who can identify talent other teams may have overlooked. Darcy certainly painted this team into a corner over the past several years of his tenure and (IMHO) sold the "tank" to TP and the rest of the brain trust. Now that the team is skidding along on its a$$, I think maybe they realize the fans may be losing interest quickly (I know I am). I have no interest in watching another season like this one. I want an NHL-caliber team, not an AHL one. Meanwhile, I'll be watching Jeff Dunham on Netflix instead of Sabre games. (Oh, that Peanut! :lol: )

Knowledge is power, and 26 is definitely turning me into one of his foot soldiers by controlling the information that I see,

Consumption of any information is always an individual choice.....Right? :unsure: With the notable exception of places such as North Korea.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Do you and GoDD work for the Bills? Are you only posting here in an attempt to stop the flow of WNY sporting dollars away from the Football Franchise? We're you hired by the Team, or the NFL? CBS? The Illuminati? WHO DO YOU WORK FOR!?!?

Why Meeeeeee???......Why Meeeeee????......

Anyhow, in a rare case, I wouldn't care if Corner did work for the Sabres because he has done so much work over the years and is an amazing information gatherer. He never seems to try and mold a discussion to a certain direction or constantly try to dismiss or belittle critics of the team. The Sabres SHOULD, hire him.

In fair disclosure, I have worked for the Bisons. It's amazing how much fun you can have with a pair of handcuffs and a cotton candy machine once everyone else leaves....

Why Meeeeeee???......Why Meeeeee????......

Anyhow, in a rare case, I wouldn't care if Corner did work for the Sabres because he has done so much work over the years and is an amazing information gatherer. He never seems to try and mold a discussion to a certain direction or constantly try to dismiss or belittle critics of the team. The Sabres SHOULD, hire him.

In fair disclosure, I have worked for the Bisons. It's amazing how much fun you can have with a pair of handcuffs and a cotton candy machine once everyone else leaves....

I needed to include you for the plausibility of the Illuminati Claim.

Jerseys for 20 out of 19,000 people and balloons to get you to buy stuff at the store. Lame.

These guys continue to be so bad at this stuff. I'm sure you remember the "we're sorry" gesture after the lockout. Again, a shameless attempt to get people into the Sabres Store. Really, Terry, you couldn't put gift certificates to Ruth's Chris on every seat? I exaggerate, but they appear to have missed another opportunity to show they genuinely appreciate what the fans are going through.

I like the one-stop shop on knowledge, and 26 takes care of that for those of us who don't have the time to navigate to 20 different websites during the day.

Again, I agree. 26 is fine. He (I think he's a he) does a good job. GoBillsinDallas, the poster who puts together all the news links, would be proud.

This one story — I don't think it deserved a thread.

26 probably didn't deserve the "work for the Sabres" shot — there is, after all, no greater insult right now.

These guys continue to be so bad at this stuff. I'm sure you remember the "we're sorry" gesture after the lockout. Again, a shameless attempt to get people into the Sabres Store. Really, Terry, you couldn't put gift certificates to Ruth's Chris on every seat? I exaggerate, but they appear to have missed another opportunity to show they genuinely appreciate what the fans are going through.

Yeah, It's pathetic. The Buffalo Sabres PR machine feels much more like a creepy robot than a person.

Again, I agree. 26 is fine. He (I think he's a he) does a good job. GoBillsinDallas, the poster who puts together all the news links, would be proud.

This one story — I don't think it deserved a thread.

26 probably didn't deserve the "work for the Sabres" shot — there is, after all, no greater insult right now.

I think a Sabres employee participating as an active poster on SabreSpace or any other fan forum would be a major conflict of interest. I know that they lurk, but to engage in discussion/promotion would be way over the line IMO.

$25 gift certificates for the new sports bar on every seat wouldn't be a bad idea, from several perspectives.

I think a Sabres employee participating as an active poster on SabreSpace or any other fan forum would be a major conflict of interest. I know that they lurk, but to engage in discussion/promotion would be way over the line IMO.

Why would it be a conflict of interest? As long as they're up front about it, it would be fine. I don't think it would be all that different than someone taking part in a segment on WGR or even a teams official facebook page or twitter account. You have a medium which you can use to communicate with your audience, you should use it. This place might as well be the internet version of sports talk radio. It's a less controlled variation, but that's pretty much what it is.

Why would it be a conflict of interest? As long as they're up front about it, it would be fine. I don't think it would be all that different than someone taking part in a segment on WGR or even a teams official facebook page or twitter account. You have a medium which you can use to communicate with your audience, you should use it. This place might as well be the internet version of sports talk radio. It's a less controlled variation, but that's pretty much what it is.

Good point. The key would certainly be full disclosure.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.